One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

OSW Makes my display go screwy!

9K views 62 replies 17 participants last post by  Ronin Six 
#1 ·
Hi!

Every time I log into OSW and open new windows, my display settings go all funny. Fonts change, toolbar icons disappear and the top of the page never seems to refresh properly when I go back to the main forum.

This is beginning to get annoying and it only happens when I come to OSW. Has anyone else had any problems?

CHEERS!

#52 ·
When I had Norton Security it took me forever to tweak to where I could see Avatars and even pictures....My computer had more crashes and hang-ups than I care to remember.....I was told to dump Norton and go with McAfee. I did and haven't had a problem since!!!!

#54 ·
Thanks Ronin

Sorry everyone, I keep forgetting these things take time.

I'm going to take a little time out from OSW, I think I need to really. I've signed up to Figures.com and will stay with them for a bit. I'm not leaving here altogether though, I will check back from time to time, maybe not quite so often will be best.

See you again soon

CHEERS!

#56 ·
I appreciate the efforts !!!!!

Thanks for all the work guys !!!!!! and certainly lets ease up. I was simply wondering if anyone else was having problems, but certainly I realize I need an upgrade. I am embarassed with my windows 98, infact last night at work the guys were telling me " ya it's time to get rid of your commodore 64 Jason..." LoL Anyway I'll be looking to a new system soon, as mine I guess is 7 years old (state of the art at the time for about 5 minutes) with maybe 2 upgrades. Infact if they let you buy a new OS to install without the highway robbery I would have got XP pro long ago. Heck new games can't be played now on 98, not to mention no updates, since July, so it's prime time to get with the now. I haven't even been around OSW in a while so I have no right to complain. All that said I managed to post a couple of pics the other day so, I'm still in it. Thanks again, obviously we all are VERY passionate about the site, and can obviously be quite upset if we are missing out. Thanks for looking out for the "old and weak" in the herd...... :bag really appreciate it but hopefully I'll be running with more power soon....... P.S my username is Evel with an E like Evel Knievel.........I don't want anyone thinking I am Evil..hey I'm a nice guy although I have some Evil guys kitbashed up who will be seeing the board soon. Take care everybody, staff your #1, thanks for keeping it free !!! :rant

#58 ·
Well, for what it's worth, I haven't noticed any problems at all. I'm running XP Pro service pack 2 with a Radeon X800. I think it shows how much people love this site Ronin Six, that they are so irate! Perhaps not the most appropriate expression of fondness, but there you go. Keep pushin' those pixels mate. You do good work (for free as well!!)

#60 ·
Awesome !!!!!

I would just like to report that tonight 10/11/06 I have surfed and surfed checked and rechecked, replied and etc with NO problems whatsoever !!!! This is AWESOME !!!!! No 6's no color changes, no kick outs !!!! Thanks much gentlemen behind the scenes!!!! I cleaned up my system a bit and have more room on my drive right now, that's all I've done. Has the OSW team done any more with the former issues? I don't know but this is GREAT !!! :banana :cheers :hyper :thumb

#61 ·
EVELMIN said:
I would just like to report that tonight 10/11/06 I have surfed and surfed checked and rechecked, replied and etc with NO problems whatsoever !!!! This is AWESOME !!!!! No 6's no color changes, no kick outs !!!! Thanks much gentlemen behind the scenes!!!! I cleaned up my system a bit and have more room on my drive right now, that's all I've done. Has the OSW team done any more with the former issues? I don't know but this is GREAT !!! :banana :cheers :hyper :thumb
!!!!! same here, no problems (10/11/06) !!!!!! :hyper :hyper :hyper I havnt done any clean up or scaned my PC for problems in weeks, Im certian OSW did something.
I would like to say I wasnt upset like Rogerbee was and to be quite honest I was very disapointed by his post remarks.

I also would like to say thx to OSW for whatever what was fixed and now I can post and surf OSW in peace, thx guys!!! :hyper

#63 ·
Hmmm that's odd. Only thing that changed was the image rotator thingie at the upper left of the page. Strange that would have done anything to help, but heck if it works we'll take credit for it! :angel

Thing is, the old one was there since before anyone had problems... soooo I dunno exactly.

So glad you guys are having a much better experience here!

Now gimme yer toys! :knock

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.