Problem with private messaging

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Problem with private messaging

Problem with private messaging

Every time I try to send I private message, it freezes up and then the screen closesm and the message never gets sent. This happens after I type it up and just as I hit the "submit message" button. This just stated happening today.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Sawgunner is offline I got you "covered" ! (OSW Staff)
    this happens to me very often only when using the reply function on the PM's. My computer locks up and I have to reboot, sometimes more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawgunner
    this happens to me very often only when using the reply function on the PM's. My computer locks up and I have to reboot, sometimes more than once.
    Yep, seems to be the same problem. It's still happening too, and I know it's not this computer because it's happened on other computers, too.

The funny thing is, it only happens when I try to send PM's to certain members. Some PM's get through just fine.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yep, it's happened to me also. What gives staff?
    "Other people's illusion of safety does not supersede my human rights." -Gabe Suarez

Out of curiosity , what browsers is everyone using? I havent had a problem yet in the past few days and today, and im running Fire Fox... Sometimes the different browser matters....
    "I gotta jar of diiiirt, I gotta jar of diiirt, and guess whats inside it!" - Jack Sparrow
    I brought payment. *BANG!* Look, an undead monkey! - Jack Sparrow

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt. Ryan HOH
    Out of curiosity , what browsers is everyone using? I havent had a problem yet in the past few days and today, and im running Fire Fox... Sometimes the different browser matters....
    I'm using internet explorer.

Msn Dsl
    "Other people's illusion of safety does not supersede my human rights." -Gabe Suarez

Well, I think it might be the browser(internet explorer). While I was at the mall yesterday I decided to hop into the Apple store, tried the internet on one of their computers(Safari) and I was able to send a PM just fine. I'll have to download firefox or another browser and hope that helps from my house.

im having the same prob

I'm having the same problem at times too. It just locks up. Once I've gotten back on, and tried it again, it's worked. It's gotten so I copy the message before sending it, in case it doesn't work!

It's a fabulous time to be collecting in 1/6th scale!

For me, the problem was internet explorer. I switched to firefox and haven't had any problems since. Try that.

This happens to me constantly. Even as I write this it has happened 3 times.

Victorville, CA. Yeh, the middle of no where.
    I'm trying to get messages out to people for trades and sales here. What the heck. I'm using Foxfire and I am having no messages. TMNTGal? Send me a Email to [email protected] so we can talk about the trade please.

happens to me every once and awhile, usually on long PM's which makes it even worse

Alberta, Canada, North American Continent, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy...

Question

MY PMs are locking up the window now when I try to send them. Anyone know how I could fix this without resorting to firefox?

I have had this happen to me a few time's but, sporadically...and yes I too run internet explorer...usually I have to erase the quotes that come along with my pm's in order for my pm to go through.

Regards,

Echo 7
    M. Clara Trio Burgos Beloved Mother and Grandmother
    RIP 1941-2012
    We will miss you!!