How to Use the OSW Gallery to Post Images (UPDATED 09-12-2005)

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: How to Use the OSW Gallery to Post Images (UPDATED 09-12-2005)

Arrow How to Use the OSW Gallery to Post Images (UPDATED 09-12-2005)

I took the liberty of updating the OSW Gallery Tutorial. With a new edition of vBulletin comes, apparently, a new version of PhotoPost PHP.

Uploading a Single Image to the Gallery

So, you've got an image you want to upload to the OSW gallery, but you can't figure it out? Never fear, the OSW Gallery Tutorial is here.

Here, I've chosen my image, and resized it. See the Old Tutorial for how to resize pictures.

This is the forum index we all know and love.

You can access the gallery by using the drop-down menu in the upper right-hand corner. Move your mouse over "GALLERY", and select "New Gallery".

This is what you should see on your screen. (The layout is actually reversed now.)

Select "Upload Photos" in the upper right corner.

This is what you should see on your screen.

First, select the drop down menu below your username. This allows you to choose which category your images are filed under.

Check to see that the category you selected is the correct one. Now, next to the first line for photos, select "Browse".

This window will appear; it might look slightly different depending on what operating system you have on your computer and your personal settings. Select the image you would like to upload (1), check to see it is the correct image (2), and click on "Open". (The Tutorial for Multiple Uploads picks up from here; SEE BELOW)

Now that you've selected your image, checking to see if the correct filepath is displayed (1), you can enter a title for the image (2), and a description (3).

Click on the button that says "Upload/Submit" when ready.

Since I've uploaded only one image, I'm immediately taken to a page featuring the image itself, plus the title and caption I entered.

Below the caption, there is a box containing the text needed to post the image. Highlight the text inside and copy it by pressing "Ctrl + C" on your keyboard or right-clicking and selecting "Copy" (Macs use "Apple + C", I believe.). Alternatively, you can simply click on the "copy to clipboard" button (2) to copy the text for you.

Now, make your post. To paste the code into the message window, press "Ctrl + V" on your keyboard or right click and select "Paste" (I have no idea what Macs use- I'd assume it's "Apple + V"). I've circled the code in red as it will appear if you've done this correctly.

Now, don't rush and hit "Submit New Thread". Select the button next to it, "Preview Post", to see a preview of what your post will look like.

This is what you should see on your screen when you preview the post. Check to see if everything appears correctly. If it does...

...click on the "Submit Message" button. If something is wrong, scroll down to the message window and fix the error.

Finally, if everything's been done correctly, you should see your post displayed like so. To view the post in the above image in your broswer, click here.

Hopefully, this helped you in being able to post images on OSW. Good luck and happy posting.
    Last edited by Crazy Chocobo; 10-12-2005 at 20:24. Reason: Changes to the Forum Template (and typos!)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Uploading Multiple Images to the Gallery

This picks up right after the indicated step in the original post- after selecting one image.

Repeat the process for each image. I like to check if I accidentally duplicated any image right here.

Enter a general title (1) and a general description (2) if you like. Then click "Upload/Submit" (3).

This should be what you see next. A thumbnail of each image will be displayed on the left. If you decide you want to omit an image, uncheck the box to the right of the thumnail.

Here, you can specify two additional (optional) categories where your images will appear.

Once you select the two other categories, you can also individualize each title and description. I have added a line to the first image's description.

When you're done, check everything to make sure it's correct, and click on "Process".

When done, the gallery will take you to the front page of the first category you indicated for the photos to be filed under.

Select your first image.

This screen will be displayed on your screen. The title and description are under the picture, like usual.

Copy (Ctrl or Apple + C) the text in the code box, which will be under the "Additional Categories" line, if you specified additional categories. Alternatively, you can simply click on the "copy to clipboard" button (2).

Here, I've already pasted (Ctrl or Apple + C) all the relevant codes into the message window.

Click "Preview Post" to check to see how your message will appear.

If everything's been done correctly, you should see the post with your images in the preview.

When satisfied, click on "Submit Message".

This is how your post should appear. To view the thread shown in the image above, click here
    Last edited by Crazy Chocobo; 11-23-2005 at 23:06. Reason: spelling

Thank you so much. You have helped me in no way imaginable. THANK U!!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It not working for me. It says cannot find server. Do u know a way to fix it? Thanks
    Brian
    Keep your heads down and rifles at hand
    trade reference
    https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...ad.php?t=44851

At times, I've experienced probs with trying to upload more than 2-3 images at one time, and gotten that same message. I usually try once more, then reduce the number of pics per upload.
    Size of the pics also effects it (see CC's link to re-sizing), and I'm guessing the number of people uploading at the time, as well as other actions by our dark tech-lords
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

yea i cant get it to work either, i wrote my former reply before I actually did it, and because of this i cant post my TF 121 fig!!! WAHHHH!!!!

Okay guys, what exactly are you guys doing when you upload them? Start with getting the pictures off the camera and onto your computer.

I think maybe CVS one use digital cameras dont work on OSW. I follow your rules and it says cant find server every time, no matter what i do. Guess i gotta save my money and buy a real digital camera!!!

I don't think it's got anything to do with your CVS one-time use digital camera. If you would be so kind, please describe each step you're taking when you upload them, starting with getting the images onto the computer.

For example:
    1. Download images onto the computer.
    2. Resize the images in MS Paint. Save as JPEG.
    3. Log-in to OSW... etc.

Honestly though, a one-time use digital camera is one of the biggest wastes. I nearly choked the first time I saw them at Long's. You can probably find a good digital camera (older model) for the cost of a TS set or less.

Yup, I have been facing this problem of not able to upload photos as well. I tried on 2 of my computers at home and it is the same problem. I thought it is my internet provider's (ISP company) issue. So I tried again when I am back in the office - which is using another ISP company's connection. And it is the same results. Even when I only want to upload 1 photos.

I read all the info on the page and it says no file size limitations, no storage size limitations. And right now, I have only about 12pics inside my own folder. Its all quite frustrating...

Exclamation New image upload sizes

Hi guys, just an FYI that I've increased image upload (gallery and post attachment) sizes to 1024x1024 image dimension and 500 KB filesize. These days images are much larger than that coming straight from your digital camera. You may need to resize them with a graphics application of your choice.

Not sure why for some members the filesize check has been failing and just showing a strange error page or nothing at all. It should show something with a more descriptive error message. Some people have been getting error messages because, although their image dimension fell within the limit, the filesize exceeded it (the old limit was 250k filesize, 1024x1024 image size).

Please note:
    If you can, please size your images to something easily visible to anyone with an 800x600 desktop size. Also, if possible, please compress your jpg images using medium compression to get it to around 250K. Images should still look good with a bit of compression and you'll be sure not to run into any filesize limit restrictions.

Thanks all!

Jaded is so overrated. Cynicism is so last year. Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy.

Trade Feedback ]

Alberta, Canada, North American Continent, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy...
    I can't upload any images either, it seems.

I am getting an error message everytime I try to upload my images to the Gallery. I think it is the same one that some of the previous posters have had (not sure if the problem has been fixed for them since they posted or not though).

Anyway, it says, "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Everything works fine until I click the Upload button.
    The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
    Is the terrible AT-AT Walking Machine.
    It's as big as a house on walking legs,
    And whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Not sure what is going wrong with your uploads....size of pics, number of pics maybe??

I just uploaded a pic with no problem....

"Other people's illusion of safety does not supersede my human rights." -Gabe Suarez

I guess it was the number of pics. It seems to be working when I upload less than 4 pics at a time. Thanks Grizzer!
    The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
    Is the terrible AT-AT Walking Machine.
    It's as big as a house on walking legs,
    And whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Yeah it doesn't like a lot of pics..I normally do no more than 3 at a time and no large than 580x580 pix each.
    "Other people's illusion of safety does not supersede my human rights." -Gabe Suarez

It's been a long time since I've posted photos on this forum. It used to be the easiest forum to post photos on. When did it get so complicated? Okay, I'll study the process some more...

Where should I post this figure to get the most feedback to improve my cutomizing skills?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to Use the OSW Gallery to Post Images (UPDATED 09-12-2005)-conan-king-3-jpg   How to Use the OSW Gallery to Post Images (UPDATED 09-12-2005)-conan-king-action-4-jpg   How to Use the OSW Gallery to Post Images (UPDATED 09-12-2005)-conan-king-full-jpg  

Holy smokes! That's one awesome Cimmerian.

Post all figure projects in General Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorbian View Post
    I guess it was the number of pics. It seems to be working when I upload less than 4 pics at a time. Thanks Grizzer!
    for me personally (i run firefox on a mac) it seems the upload maximum is 500kb for the entire batch of photos, not per photo.

so if you want to upload 4 pics, it wont upload unless all 4 are under the maximum combined 500 kb.

if you have pics that are large, upload them one at a time, or however many that will be under 500kb.

EDIT: aaah, here we go, norm states it here:
    Hi guys, just an FYI that I've increased image upload (gallery and post attachment) sizes to 1024x1024 image dimension and 500 KB filesize.
    maximum upload size 500kb.

What if the picture format is too big and can not be uploaded? What should I do? Assistance please, thank you.

You need to edit size of your pics.

Red face

Hi mate,

Where should I start looking to resize my pictures? Heard someone mentioned
    JPEG. I am a computer idiot. Hope someone can advise here. Thanks.