Random Airsoft startup noob questions

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Random Airsoft startup noob questions

Houston Again! Please let me escape soon @[email protected]

Random Airsoft startup noob questions

Hi all, I poked around some of the threads here and I'm not quite ready to start poking around the airsoft forums quite yet, but I'm interested in getting a nice rifle to start off with.

I kind of understand that a hicap mag with wind up is supposed to be better than standard and midcap mags, but I don't know which ones are good quality and whatnot.

I've been talking to some guys on craigslist and they've offered to sell me their TM M4s for about 200 US, I don't know if thats a good price for a basic M4 or not, it probably looks like a barebones rifle if I were to wager a guess.

What kind of questions should I ask them about it--how many rounds put through, gearbox and battery age/condition?

And would you recommend a CA M4 over the TM at that price? The CAs usually come with more stuff, but I don't mind buying it later on.

I'm asking them for pictures now so hopefully they come up soon and I'll post them then. Thanks all.
    Always do your best in everything you do, and live on, happy. - Aya

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

im still contemplating getting a airsoft rifle, been looking at the 416s. I always read that Mauri stuff is overpriced and you can get cheaper and better rifles. Check out this site, theyve got all the brands and lots of buyer reveiws to read through.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by saiko View Post
    Hi all, I poked around some of the threads here and I'm not quite ready to start poking around the airsoft forums quite yet, but I'm interested in getting a nice rifle to start off with.

I kind of understand that a hicap mag with wind up is supposed to be better than standard and midcap mags, but I don't know which ones are good quality and whatnot.

I've been talking to some guys on craigslist and they've offered to sell me their TM M4s for about 200 US, I don't know if thats a good price for a basic M4 or not, it probably looks like a barebones rifle if I were to wager a guess.

What kind of questions should I ask them about it--how many rounds put through, gearbox and battery age/condition?

And would you recommend a CA M4 over the TM at that price? The CAs usually come with more stuff, but I don't mind buying it later on.

I'm asking them for pictures now so hopefully they come up soon and I'll post them then. Thanks all.
    I'd recommend neither.
    Great starter series are: G&G Sportline, A&K (the new ones are awesome), CYMA, ECHO1, JG and Dboys are all great and cheap starters.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Tokyo Marui is releasing there newly designed M4's for December. Has actual recoil and 1:1 scale magazines now. I would save my money for that one.