My current gear and weapons

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: My current gear and weapons

My current gear and weapons

I thought id share these pics of my toys
    Pictured is:
    Coyote tan condor weesatch
    Tokyo Marui first run SOCOM M14
    D-Boys M15A4 modified and upgraded by yours truly
    Kalash AK74 upgraded wip
    Ares Tavor gen2
    SOCOM Gear MEU in od with Knights Armmament nt4 style
    My custom Noveske cqbr with classic army, g&g, and systemma internals as well as madbull ultimate hopup, magpul afg, and real steel EOTech 552 holo, and Gemtech supressor

M4 before it became Noveske N4

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: My current gear and weapons

Nice guns, I had an aftermath M14 it was pretty good airsoft costs to much for my liking and the guns I buy arre very fragile.
    "Land of the free because of the brave."
    Trade references
    https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...ldiermp44.html

It isnt cheap for sure. No one really plays anymore as far as sanctioned events go near me. Id hafto drive at least 2hrs - 3hrs plus gas and entry fee, im tempted to dump everything but the essentials to fund my reinterest in 1:6 stuff

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You have the TAR? Damn you, I want it so much!

I do lol. Its a great weapon out of the box and thats how i've left it. HOWEVER, i am slightly sickened at my 1300$+ airsoft investments sitting around when i now find more joy in 1/6-ing because no one has games up here without driving 2 1/2hrs or more just for about 4-5hrs of open game time, once or twice a month. SO, im concidering selling my stuff or most of it anyway to buy my new, cheaper stay at home hobby. 1/6 figures.

Nice gear, hope you earned the SFC Rank though, wearing Rank Tabs we didn't earn was a big no no in my time of reenactment.
    "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel." -

well, Time's have changed. Who cares if he does or not it is just a patch. the patch does not make the man. The man makes the patch. If he is out trying to scam someone then, he would be a asshat.

Hallo!

An old post, but I'll bite...

IMHO...

"Reenactment" and "reenacitng/living history" is different than pretending to be, posing, or misrrepresenting oneself as current or active military.

In reenacting, it is fantasy as one of depicting or portraying persons or figures from the Past.

As such, there is no legitimate rank, just pretend rank or rank portrayals (some are more ers, excuse the pun).

Some reenacted rank is nothing more than a trip to the vendors to buy the badges and symbols of rank. Some reenacted rank is socio-emotove where recreational "leaders' of various levels get elected into office with military style rank. Some reenacted rank is based upon leadership performance in the modern world as well as their having learned what an NCO or Commissioned Officer would have known in the "period."

Sometimes modern lads have issues with the rank as well as medals and award.

Some veteran reenactors and living histoirans abhor rank, and avoid it like the plague, portraying only privates.

That can be a mixed bag, and "unauthentic." Meaning say a colonel who commands no one and has no men "under him." Can he still portray, depict, interpret a colonel in History?
    Or regarding medals. For example, if one looks at the numbers of Iron Cross II'sd (EK2) in WWI photographs from 1917-1918, they appear in group photos most times. So, to have a 1917-1918 unit with none because they were "not earned" can be unhistorical and wrong.
    Obviously the extreme wrong would be if every man went out and bought a Pour le Merite (Blue Max).

Some associations allow medals in small numbers where the modern lad has demonstrated formal, set, written alternative requirements for some. Such as WWI German wound badges that can be issued if the modern lad suffers a serious injury or wound while "reenacting."

But yes, not all folks agree on reenacted soldiers wearing reenacted rank and awards. (especially some veterans who look at modern service reenactors and say if you want that modern army kit and weaponry, join the Army to get it...)

Others' mileage will vary...

Kurt
    1:1 Scale
    Kurt