One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Who's into Airsoft?

14K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  CplHicks 
#1 · (Edited)
#4 ·
Oh gosh if you are gonna buy an AEG do some research first. Firstly do not buy any thing that says WELL or Double Eagle because they are cheap Chinese Knockoffs.

I understand its an expensive hobby but it just gets more expensive when you buy crap. Tokyo Marui, ICS(questionable i think), Systema, G&P, Guarder, Classic Arms and heck even SRC are better brands.

I personally own a TM ak47, TM mp5 ras and the TM Sig p226.

Go with a staple brand because they offer reliability and power. If you can buy stateside to support the hobby hear and its always nice to touch what you are about to buy. Any more questions just ask. I am going to throw this into the airsoft section.

#5 ·
I had quite a couple Airsoft Rifles over the time:
TM MP5SD5
TM M4A1
TM M16A2
TM M733
TM Benelli M3
KSC M11A1
G&P SPR/A
TOP M249 SAW
TM HiCapa
TM G36
Marushin M500 SSB
Western Arms 1911

there were more but i can remember =), stopped because of a clash with the law (THEIR FU..in Mistake, not mine) made me loose interest, too ****ty here in germany. should i ever move to belgium i might get back into it.

#6 ·
There are a few brands you can definitely trust: Tokyo Marui (solid aeg's, reliable, no metal construction except for the latest aeg), G&G (great aeg's too, metal construction, the UMG is awesome), ICS (the greatest MP5 in the market, if you're looking for an MP5 then you should try one of these with ics 3000 motor)

#7 ·
Aeg

Hey 54th,

I recently got into airsoft and maybe I can provide some feed back.

Having been a Marine I'm partial to the M-16/M-4 family. I sought out Tokyo Marui because I've heard really good things about them. My mistake is that I bought my gun for cheap on Ebay and got screwed. I would suggest going to a retail store, either brick and mortar or online, for gun purchase. I buy from www.airsoftextreme.com and they've been good to me.

As for my TM M-4, after I got it fixed it works great. The issue comes in add ons. If you want the RIS on the M-4 you either have to upgrade the base model or you can buy the new TM M-4 S-System. I believe CA also has a CQB version with a RIS that is very nice.

I just purchased the new TM 1911A1 and am waiting for it to be delivered. From everything I've read it should be a good gun.

Hope that helps, feel free to e-mail me with questions

FourB9

#9 ·
I airsoft, but due to some monetary problems, haven't done it since March.

My gun collection is small.

Well AK47, which was my first rifle and is sweet, but thats my opinion
KWC 1911 Gas Blowback
G&G M4A1, which I want to kit out

#10 ·
I'm a Milsim airsofter and I have a US Marine Force Recon impression. My kit includes:

-Woodland MARPAT bdu's
-Phantom Maritime CIRAS rig in coyote brown (makes me look bigger!)
-Altama desert boots
-Elbow and knee pads in coyote brown
-Tactical drop leg holster in coyote brown
-MARPAT bandana for headgear
-8 MAG 100 round M16 mid-cap magazines

My weapons for my own impression are as follows:
-Heavily upgraded Tokyo Marui M733 (Hurricane M110 internal upgrade kit, Systema high speed gears, G&P SEALs M4 metal body, Mad Bull mock suppressor barrel extender and AK inner tightbore barrel, Classic Army cut rear sight, and EO Tech red dot weapons sight)
-WE M1911 (unupgraded)

I also have a few other clone AEGs which I use as loaners. Anyway, airsoft is my major hobby.

#11 ·
Airsoft is not for the weak of wallet. The best starter guns out there are Tokyo Marui's, especially their newest M4 carbine. After that, Classic Army are great, affordable guns, with metal bodies and improved mech boxes. Dont even get me started on the amount of tactical gear that is available once you get a gun and like the way you have it set up. I currently have an Army infantry loudout that has costed me a very pretty penny.
This is just some of my stuff:

Easily over a grand worth of gear in this picture:

#12 ·
Cuda, when you have a moment go over to...

www.airsoftretreat.com < they have some good info/boards. Watch out for the young punks there, seriously. Nice list of links.

also http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk , very informative, and courteous. Some good discussions there that 'retreat does not have.(example, M-60 improvements and mods....which happens to be my next aeg.)

#14 ·
Tokyo Marui makes pretty good starter AEGs

I had a TM AK-47 and it was built VERY VERY well and it shot great too, plus it wasn't that much money either for the quality. They have a nice M4/16 and MP5 kit as well, worth looking at.

I also had a nice KWA or KWC M9 Gas blowback pistol that was an excellent shooter, which I ended up liking more than the AEG, just because it had the blowback :)

WGCSHOP is a good site, as is airsoftextreme and redwolfairsoft

#15 ·
Necro post! I figerued I'd bring this up, and see if anybody else sounds off.

I'm relatively new to airsoft. I've been playing for just over a year, and I have to say that I've been something of a... gun *****, shall we say?

So far I've owned (and traded away or sold)

GBBs:
Brand unknown Berretta 92 FMU
TM Hi-Capa 4.3
TM P226
WE Hi-Capa 3.8
Maruzen MP5K
HFC Glock 17
KJW P226
WA Kimber LAPD SWAT Custom II (current)
Guarder-framed and upgraded TM P226 (current)

AEGs:
G&G SR-16
TM MP5-A5
TM Sig 552 Commando
ICS M4A1 (Olympic Arms trades)
TM MP7
CA SA58 OSW
TM M4A1 New Type
M4A1 with Troy and VLTOR furniture and accessories (current)

#16 ·
I love airsoft. I currently own an A&K MK12 SPR MOD 0 (which is amazing) and a CYMA AKS-74 (they've REALLY stepped it up) and a TSD M9, and a broken WE P14.

#19 ·
I've been airsofting for 2 years now. Had and sold most, even though there are some that i wished i'd kept.

J3D1, you dont need to use marui bb's, i use excel ones atm. Just stear clear of the cheapo ones you see in gift stores and markets.

Try one of these retailers for them

www.6mil.co.uk
www.firesupport.co.uk
www.zerooneairsoft.co.uk
www.airsoftarmoury.co.uk

0.3g ones might be a little heavy seen as the MP7 isn't really powerful. Try 0.2's, will give better range.

#20 ·
I've been airsofting for 2 years now. Had and sold most, even though there are some that i wished i'd kept.

J3D1, you dont need to use marui bb's, i use excel ones atm. Just stear clear of the cheapo ones you see in gift stores and markets.

Try one of these retailers for them

www.6mil.co.uk
www.firesupport.co.uk
www.zerooneairsoft.co.uk
www.airsoftarmoury.co.uk

0.3g ones might be a little heavy seen as the MP7 isn't really powerful. Try 0.2's, will give better range.
Sweet! Thanks for the tip! Are there any on ebay that can be considered usable you know of?

#21 ·
I recently got rid of all my paintball gear and transitioned to airsoft. Which put my 1:6 collecting on hold for a bit while I purchase 1:1 gear to make me look like one of many action figures here.
:dancing

JG HK614
Airsoft GI GI4-A3
KJW Full Metal M9

#22 ·
I've been playing for a year. Our team is a dedicated Milsm team. Our loadout is Canadian, 95 pattern LBV, OD combats and 82 pattern web gear, CF jump smocks.
Actually a good portion of the team is ex military, the balance never served a day, but you'd never know it. The team trains everyone to the same standard, and it shows
We use armalite series weapons, or anything with tm compatible mags

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.