Modus Morons

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Modus Morons

Modus Morons

Modus Morons

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Very nice collection you have there.

If you ever get tried of that M60 please do let me know

Quote Originally Posted by joeriot
    Very nice collection you have there.

If you ever get tried of that M60 please do let me know
    Thanks Riot! If I ever wind up getting that new version MK43, you never know!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Alright M60E4, spill...Whats the details on:
    1. crane stock M4+M203? Classic Army, ICS, SRC, G&P, or Marui? Metal receivers? M203 brand?
    2. Marui Soc-16?
    3. Top Mk43?

3D Nomad...

Here's the Breakdown:

I have 3 M4s...

1. Crane Stock/M203 Configuration: ICS/Olympic Arms - M203 is Sun Projects from 1997- I shortened the barrel back in 2002. Stock was taken from an SRC received incomplete (missing barrel and stock) on a store shipment that my friend processed in.

2. SR-16 Config w/ M68 Optical and Tac Light/Blue Light: ICS/Olympic Arms with Piston/Spring and Small Bore Diameter Barrel Change.

3. Stock Tokyo Marui M4 (Not Shown)

Pistols: Glock 18C Auto, M92F - Both are KSC (Not Shown)

MK43 MOD Zero: TOPS - From reports, Limited Edition/100 only made but I believe that there may have been more than that.

M700 Police Version: I checked the FPS on this and its 585+ out of the box-stock.

That's a hell of a lot of toys!!!
    "Other people's illusion of safety does not supersede my human rights." -Gabe Suarez

My bad...the SOCOM-16 is G&G Brand...forgot....and yeah...ICS MP-5 - I keep missing stuff!

M60E4, when u mounted the M203 to the M4, did you have to mod the M4's bayonet mounting lug to make way for the M203?

M203

Quote Originally Posted by 3d Nomad
    M60E4, when u mounted the M203 to the M4, did you have to mod the M4's bayonet mounting lug to make way for the M203?
    Nomad - No, I didn't need to modify any part. The Picatinny Rail on the other M4 came from a Marui and in order to allow it to sit right, I had to swap out the front Handguard Retaining ring, so now the ICS has the marui retainer and the marui has the ICS one. On the M4/M203: there is plenty of clearance between the lug and the channel area on the 203. It should fit most if not all M4s. One other thing. There is an adaptor for the SP 203 that is needed to fit the M4 but since I hacked it up, I made a much stronger collar mount from PVC Pipe. Very stable.

M60E4, have you had any problems with the Top Mk43?

Other Gear...

M60E4, have you had any problems with the Top Mk43?
    Nomad – No problems with the MK43 – It’s pretty immaculate. It functions differently internally than with a gearbox and has a pretty distinct sound. Here are some of the other items I listed but did not show previously…

M60E4, does the Top Mk43 feed the same as like the other Top M60's?

With the ICS M4, does the charging handle flip down the dust cover?

M60E4, does the Top Mk43 feed the same as like the other Top M60's?

With the ICS M4, does the charging handle flip down the dust cover?

I. On the M60E4/MK43 Feed Mechanism: It's the same across the board for all Tops. Open the Feed Tray Cover, and Dump the BBs in. It holds a lot, somewhere in the ballpark of 1,200 or so. On my future shopping list is the INokAtsu M60E4/MK43. I've heard some good things about, and I'm also interested in the VFC version which I havent heard much about but both look tip top. My MK43 Weighs about 14 lbs with the London Bridge Ammo Carrier and about 24 Rounds. I tried loading it up to capacity but that gets ridiculously heavy. The crazy part is the real deal weighs 20 or so lbs before ammo.

II. ICS M4. You'll hear good and bad about it. I have no major complaints as it fulfills the intermediate to upper quality niche for cost value and is very easy to maintain, upgrade, and clean. I think the gearbox is excellent - very idiot proof. About the dust cover, like the Tokyo Marui, it opens as soon as the charging handle is pulled. The handle has high degree of tension to it and almost feels like charging the real deal due to the quality of the spring. On a last note, I despise Tokyo Marui guns as far as getting them off the shelf. The gears are made from DIE CAST metal and aren't worth of $h!t. They might as well have made them from cheap brittle plastic, as they aren't durable. This also explains why you should never dry fire them. The gears on ICS are machined metal. If you uprade to 120 spring, you wont need to upgrade the gears. If you tried that with a Marui, it wouldnt last more than a few weeks. On a positive note, Maruis look aesthetically good.
    Last edited by M60E4; 02-05-2007 at 14:43.

Thanks for the info E4. I'm currently in the market for an M60. I was going to get a saw, but I'll settle my M60 hunger for now. I'll get the M249 saw later.

I was curious of the ICS M4 cause I was quite impressed with the ICS Mp5 SD6 I picked up last month...except the breach was not functional...and wondered if that was the same for the M4 series...until you answered above.

Thanks for the info E4. I'm currently in the market for an M60. I was going to get a saw, but I'll settle my M60 hunger for now. I'll get the M249 saw later.

I was curious of the ICS M4 cause I was quite impressed with the ICS Mp5 SD6 I picked up last month...except the breach was not functional...and wondered if that was the same for the M4 series...until you answered above.
    One other thing about the ICS M4 Series. It has one feature that the others in the same class do not: The Forward Assist Button located at the right side functions as the Gear Re-setter. That means the Gear goes back to the home position allowing the piston to seat forward. This similarly mirrors the function on the actual weapon of getting the bolt carrier seated "home." And on the M60 series you can get the TOPS versions for a bargain and I've seen them in the Mid five to six hundred dollar range and you can purchase aftermarket parts to upgrade to E3, E4/MK43 version.

Quote Originally Posted by M60E4
    One other thing about the ICS M4 Series. It has one feature that the others in the same class do not: The Forward Assist Button located at the right side functions as the Gear Re-setter...
    Yeah, I've read of that...thats a neat little feature.

Does your M60E4 use the AUG style batterypack? Large or small Tamiya female connectors?
    (I just ordered my 60E3L, but I'm going to get the battery in country.)

Yeah, I've read of that...thats a neat little feature.

Does your M60E4 use the AUG style batterypack? Large or small Tamiya female connectors?
    (I just ordered my 60E3L, but I'm going to get the battery in country.)

Not sure actually. I think the E3 might. In my situation, buying the battery at the time I ordered the 43 would have been costly so I went to my local Radio Shack, picked up a flat 9.6 3000Mah NiMH battery and built my own for it. (I think it cost 24 bucks?) It performs exceedingly well. I then wrapped the "L" shaped battery in black paper so it blends in with the gun. The MK43 has a LARGE connector and I'm guessing same for the E3. Your E3 has slightly less storage space than my E4 handle but i think my battery should work on yours. I'll have to have another look at pics of the E3 handle and the instruction manual.

Re: Modus Morons

Great gear you've got there, mind me asking where you got hold of the deck helmet? Been looking for similar since HTs VBSS Commander lol