PIC RE: Any real deal pics of CIA SAD operators??

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: PIC RE: Any real deal pics of CIA SAD operators??

PIC RE: Any real deal pics of CIA SAD operators??

anyone know where soldeir story got the idea for their CIA SAD figure?? or does anyone have any pictures of the operators? i've tried googln' it but no luck.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Every now and then you can find a pic in a book like First In, but they're pretty hard to find. I don't know where SS got the idea, probably just a general operator. Most pics are from Afghanistan with irregular uniforms. CIA SAD is a black SOF unit; I doubt there are many good reference pics of them.

Cia Sad

I was going to crack a joke (send a copy of your TS compartmentalized clearance, I'd send them but then I'd have to remove your hard drive etc.) but best not to. You will have an extremely hard time finding anything current and would be doubtful if I came across anything out there. Remember its against the law to out an agent.

Anyway is CIA SAD considered a SOF unit since its paramilitary (CIA)?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by major.rod View Post
    Anyway is CIA SAD considered a SOF unit since its paramilitary (CIA)?
    I'm not an expert, but I would think it's classified as a Special Operations Force, albeit not a military one. However, since it is not military, I could also see it as being a paramilitary force like you said. I think, for example, the SVR/FSB paramilitary teams are considered SOF, but I'm not sure. Generally, I think SOF is a broad term for special forces, but it's not like it really matters. Anyways, if the Agency told us if SAD was SOF or paramilitary, they'd have to kill us .

Sierra Six Actual is correct about refering to the book "First In". There are some photos as well as a good description as to what the team did to gear up in the narrative.

Basically any good outdoor clothing and "sterile" weapons.
    "Other people's illusion of safety does not supersede my human rights." -Gabe Suarez

i kinda figured it'd be diffiicult to obtain much info on them. its kinda lame since we can find documents and referrences for spec ops, delta, seals, marines, air force, LE/Paramilitary units, but the one's that are soo secret are the impossible ones to obtain. i'll definately have to check that book out, as well as get my hands on as many of those figures as reasonably possible since they're pretty bad ass.