One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Modular Vests/Armor (update, Feb. 27)

44K views 56 replies 22 participants last post by  CorranJ 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm bored so here are some pics of modular armor and vest to use as reference if you can't decide on how to place your pouches.

Paraclete RAV:

RAV front and back:

Another back view of a RAV: note NVG carrier

More RAV goodness:

SORD chest rig:

More to come...

See less See more
#29 ·
Callahan:

***quote from user***
Ok can't wait any longer.
been waiting for Homeland Security monies to get us our body armor, new pappers, and a bunch of team gear.
We medics came into some donations so we bought our own LBV. My choice was Callahan 2.0 in OD.
While I am issued a MP5 SD, I managed to put the mags in the internal pouches, I can also use them for
my AR if the situation calls for it. I put the Radio, OC and flashlight in the rest. All SOE pouches,
starting on the right, Major bleeding (with quick clot, Israeli bandage ect.), smoke grenade pouch, basic
first aid, cop pouch (mirror, IR cyalume sticks, power bars, door stops),
airway (opa/npa Cric and ET kit with pocket mask). On top 2 mags and shears and *****. BACK has
Camelback and a homemade dump pouch. I will most likely carried my plates in this instead of the vest.

BOAR:

***quote from user***
Basic set up is an EssTac Boar with Stu's shoulder harness instead of the straps. Along with that on my right is my
IFAK (issued in UCP) then a TT holster. Not pictured is a flash bang pouch holding my RINO/GPS then a couple of
9mm pouches with my multi tool and a Krill light. Mid left is a GP pouch with a Spec Ops BDU pocket organizer in
it holding chem stick, extra batteries, M24 bino's, a couple markers, chew, smokes etc. The blank spot on the way left
is waiting for a dump pouch to come in from Geardo. (soon I hope). Also added my IR stobe to the left shoulder strap,
and on back is a TT hydration carrier w/a Camel Back 3L. bladder.

#40 ·
Nordstroem said:
Wimpie, the Paraclete PC in you picture, do you have any idea on unit? Army SF? Seen Paraclete PC's on CAG-gents, but Schmidt & Bender Short dot only on EOD-personell...
The acu rav, and paraclete vest and raid pack are from lightfighter member basicload, he is a mod on lightfighter. He's army for the rest I do not wish to speculate on what unit he is with.

The guy has got some cool gloves and knife to, mechanix gloves with light in them and a Bill Harsey knife.

#46 · (Edited)
I have a friend who is ARMY SF show me his MLCS gear(don't even think they call it that but I'll use it since you refer to ARMY SF) that he got issued for deployment. It consisted of all Eagle Industries gear, all in khaki tan to include CIRAS(Maritime version) vest, RRV(Rhodesian Recon Vest) chest harness platform, H-Harness platform, soft armor vest and a ton of pouches like in the pic posted by Wimpie above in post #32. He joked about how you could literally loadout 3 guys with one kit with the amount of pouches given to 1. I think there might have been more but most of that stuff was extra given to him by his Battalion supply in addition to the ginormous bag of Eagle stuff each of his team got issued. I know some of his team carried Eagle chestrigs too over their CIRAS vests from pics I have seen.

In the book "Weapons of the Rangers", the RLCS is a Eagle RRV with back plate carrier and all the pouches as in the MLCS kit for ARMY SF, except in OD.

I have no info on NSW MBSS kit.

Hope this helps.

#47 ·
Quite an infopedia there hqpham. Despite being a modern collector, all those acryonyms and subsystems made my head spin. :p

Oh and Bear, your look pretty bada--ed there. Welcome to the wonderful world of post count, and take care of yourself and your mates over there :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.