One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

The great ACU thread (updated 03/07/07)

26K views 61 replies 32 participants last post by  CorranJ 
#1 · (Edited)
Thought I'd start this. If anyone has any pics I haven't posted, please post 'em here!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
more...

Attachments

#4 · (Edited)
More to add from Army Public Affairs and Program Executive Office (PEO) Soldier image files.

Attachments

#5 ·
more.....

Attachments

#6 ·
More images...

Attachments

#7 ·
Some more...

Attachments

#8 ·
Last batch from me...

Attachments

#15 ·
I got a question for Havoc or anyone else in the Army, why did they make the ACU blue for christ sake? Is it to make soldiers more visible to avoid friendly fire or something? Im pretty sure whoever ok'd the design knew it wouldent be real camo, it does not blend in.

#16 ·
Hawkin said:
I got a question for Havoc or anyone else in the Army, why did they make the ACU blue for christ sake? Is it to make soldiers more visible to avoid friendly fire or something? Im pretty sure whoever ok'd the design knew it wouldent be real camo, it does not blend in.
It's more tan and grey then blue in real life.

The funny thing is, I always felt the same way. I thought, "how could this be better than woodland or 3-color desert BDU's?" But, when I picked up the 1/6 DiD set and put it on my figure, you could actually see how in a woodland or desert/urban setting like Iraq, it really breaks up the outline of the body and blends into the backround. It sounds crazy, but somehow it works!

#18 ·
You should see the darn things at night, they work pretty good, I triped over my team leader lol.-"If its stupid but works.."

#20 ·
viper29 said:
You should see the darn things at night, they work pretty good, I triped over my team leader lol.-"If its stupid but works.."
Thats good to hear, I know that was one of the problems with the DCU's. Like a beacon (comparitively) at night. I remember a lot of the unit operating on foot in my sector went back to BDU's after nightfall.

#21 ·
It could be me, but up here in Oregon I've seen some National Guard guys wearing it, and my TS set emulates this effect to a degree:

Under lighting, the camo, though grey, appears greenish. Has anyone else gotten that effect? I look at my TS ACU bash and the stuff is pretty darn grey, but looking at it in real life its definately got a green tint to it. Maybe the pattern is designed in a way where the eyes interperate the colors?

#23 · (Edited)
ACU shots

Found these on the web, and with their permission, downloaded a few.

Photos Courtesy of PEO Soldier

Bravo Bob Out

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.