One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Detail Pics: US Groundpounders 2003 & beyond.

55K views 126 replies 37 participants last post by  viper29 
#1 · (Edited)
For your kitbash inspiration. All photos except where noted released by US government. :thumb

US MARINE looks like he's using RACK pouches?

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
Has the guys one the right in the last pic, that was posted, a extra pouche at his BDU pant?
Normally there are only these two large pouches, but there´s is a third one... I think so.

#19 ·
I'm guessing these lucky mofo's got those special SI Oakley M frames issued. Thems are high speed glasses, hybrid lenses, interchangeable lenses... We got those WileyX glasses issued, but during the issuing line they hung over our heads that the glasses were not ours to keep and they were over 100 bucks. I kept my Arnettes :)

On the new uniforms, 2nd ID got there right before I left and they were the first "main stream" unit in Iraq with the new uniforms and the new Strykers

This dude got 2 combat knives and some type of multi tool.
Can never have too many sharp, pointed objects within arms reach :thumb

#20 ·
hey DunkleGelb,

The Fella you posted with the knives and tool in the 6th picture were carrying these.

Cold Steel- Taipan

SOG Seal Pup with M37 sheath, the clip of the fella's sheath broke off.

Some tool from Gerber or at least thats a pouch from Gerber.

Great Pics! Keep them comin!

Gin.:)

#21 · (Edited)
Cool info Guys!!

Heres more info on the headsets, quoted from a 5th SFG operator.

"Here is the headset we use: SF Liberator.
We are looking at the Liberator II
The Liberators not only provide communications, but they also protect your hearing. And, they give you BIONIC hearing. The built in mics amplify ambient noise so you can hear the slightest sound or scuff of a boot. But when a sound, such as weapons fire begins, they detect the high decibel sound and shut off the amplifiers before it even gets to your ears. It works that fast. As soon as the high decibel sound drops, and I mean immediately, you have your amplified hearing again. The Liberators we use are modified EVEN FURTHER.

Here is a COMTAC:
1. Extra wide collapsible headband.
2. Specially designed cups to fit under helmet.
3. Individually sprung bands provide even distribution of pressure around ears.
4. Low, two-point fasteners for easy height adjustment with no protruding points.
5. Soft, broad ear cushions with built-in pressure evening liquid channel provide low pressure but effective sealing.
6. Audio input for connection to an external radio.
7. Battery cover for easy battery replacement from the outside ( two alkaline AA 1.5 volt batteries supplied ).
8. Microphones pick up and amplify ambient sounds in true stereo.
9. On/Off and volume control are digitally controlled with two well protected but easily accessible buttons on the right cup.
10. Dynamic boom microphone can be installed easily for two-way communication.

Be advised that not all SF units have the same headsets but will likely use something different. OUR Team was the first in 5th Group to use the Comtac solution - You know frogmen always are at the head of the pack And now it has been adapted by EVERYONE. "

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.