One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Detail Pics: US Groundpounders 2003 & beyond.

55K views 126 replies 37 participants last post by  viper29 
#1 · (Edited)
For your kitbash inspiration. All photos except where noted released by US government. :thumb

US MARINE looks like he's using RACK pouches?

Attachments

See less See more
#102 ·
DunkleGelb said:
That SOPMOD M14 has to be made in 1/6!

During my visit to HK I got to do an impromptu interview with Alan HSU of TS and
he said they were going to do a short barrel and long barreled version of the M14.

They will also impove their mold of the M4 which will come with new accessories.
He was particularly proud of the fact that he was given permission by SUREFIRE to do their products in onesixth.
This is really good news, it would be wonderfull to have the full range of surefire flashlights and silencers in 1/6th. :hyper

Did you happen to ask him about 1/6 multicam?

#103 ·
Unfortunatley Wimpie, I was not prepared with questions when I bumped into him at his main store and HQ or I would have certainly asked about Multicam gear.

Although his english wasnt perfect and I couldnt speak a word of Chinese heres what other info I could gather:

Modern - Improved bendy hands, more cloth gloved hands in future releases, upcoming Cloth Adidas SAS/SWAT boots.

NAM - Upcoming web gear/Helmet sets, at least 2 new Nam figs one being Reg Infantry

Fem Figs - New more conservative BABE sets in the pipeline.

#104 ·
Thats some awesome news here. It sounds like I'll be broke for a stretch of time, getting the 'Nam webbing. God knows how much of that stuff I'll end up needing. :lol

#110 ·
Marine Expeditionary Force!

here's a small contribution to this thread! Found these badass pics on mp.net and thought they had some bashing potential ( if you can manage to find the gear!) these are pics of "U.S. Marines assigned to Dam Security Unit 3 conduct a reconnaissance patrol along the Al Wzar River around Ramadi, Iraq, Oct. 21, 2006. Marines of DSU-3 are deployed with I Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward) in support of war on terror. U.S. Marine Corps photo by Sgt. Edward Reagan"

hope you enjoyed!

#111 · (Edited)
Thanks for picture updates guys!!

Pic caps from L to R:
Heres a good view of the newer anti-sniper turrets
(for you guys thinking of tricking out your 1/6 hummers!).

More usage of the side SAPI plates.

Made in the shade.

Soldiers with 1st Platoon, Company A, 2nd Battalion, 3rd Infantry Regiment, 3-2 SBCT prepare to enter a home and conduct searches in a compound en route during a two-day convoy beginning Dec. 11. The Stryker Brigade headquarters and two battalions, 2-3 Inf. Reg. and 5th Battalion, 20th Infantry Regiment, trekked from Mosul to their new area of operations in Baghdad.

Commandos of the 6th Iraqi Army Div. training.

All Americans find weapons cache.
Boot Detail, Is that ID numbers?

73rd Cavalry Regiment, attached to the 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, instructs an IraqiArmy soldier on the proper stance when firing a weapon.

The Commandant of the Marine Corps Gen. James T. Conway signs an autograph for Sgt. Efrain Ellin during his visit Dec. 24.

Attachments

#113 ·
Some reference for those Saturday Toys Spartan vests everyone is gonna be getting...

U.S. Navy Seaman Apprentice Mike Forest, from Riverine Squadron 1 (RIVRON-1), Detachment 3, 1st Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, scans the area with his MK-49 machine gun aboard a small unit reconnaissance craft during an op eration in Ramadi, Iraq, March 15, 2007.

U.S. Navy Electrician's Mate 2nd Class Thierry Osungs, from Riverine Squadron 1 (RIVRON-1), Detachment 3, 1st Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, takes cover and scans for enemy fire aboard a small unit reconnaissance craft (SU RC) during an operation in Ramadi, Iraq, March 15, 2007. RIVRON-1 was getting ready to insert their second SURC when they were engaged at Riverine Launch Site 4 in Ramadi. The operation is to familiarize the arriving RIVRON-1 with the area that Dam Secur ity Unit 3 (DSU-3), 1st Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force has been covering for the past six months. RIVRON-1 and DSU-3 are deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom in the Al Anbar province of Iraq

U.S. Marine Corps Lance Cpl. B.J. Keller, with Dam Security Unit 3 (DSU-3), 1st Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, scans the area while conducting an operation in Ramadi, Iraq, March 15, 2007

U.S. Navy Sailors from Riverine Squadron 1 (RIVRON-1) and U.S. Marines from Dam Security Unit 3 (DSU-3), 1st Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force arrive aboard a small unit riverine craft during an operation in Taqaddum, Iraq, Ma rch 15, 2007. The operation is to familiarize the arriving RIVRON-1 with the area that DSU-3 has been covering for the past six months. RIVRON-1 and DSU-3 are deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom in the Al Anbar province of Iraq

#115 · (Edited)
:ninja Possible SEALS in the Hummers

Attachments

#117 · (Edited)
2007 Ranger Rendezvous Pics...Lots of pics of 75th RGT in ACU and jump gear. Couple of the pics have a Soldier jumping with a freefall chute and protec..not sure if Soldier with Protec is a Ranger though. Could be the Ranger Reconnaisance Detachment? I remember reading that they are Military FreeFall qualified.
http://news.soc.mil/RangerRendezvous 07/photo gallery.htm

This pic, middle Ranger running off dropzone looks to be carrying a MK12 Mod 1 SPR since it's got a suppressor on it.
http://news.soc.mil/RangerRendezvous 07/images/large/additional photos balika/070807-N-5869B-170.jpg

And a few of the pics also show Rangers using DBAL IR designators on their M4s instead of AN/PEQ-2s..we need some 1:6 DBALs..

#121 · (Edited)
I saw this thread in a google search when looking for some pics of my unit while we were in IRAQ. I showed this to alot of the guys in squadron and they got a kick out of the fact someone might make a USMC DSU or US NAVY Riverine figure.

Just to clear up some info, the vest being worn by the US NAVY folks in those photos is not the new USMC (TAG) MTV.

Awsome sight and if anyone makes a Riveirne figure I would love to see it and I am sure most of the guys in squadron would. Take care all-

#123 ·
Brownwater, will the new crye digital desert bdu replace the dcu's? I've seen some pics of it already in use including the pattern being used on london bridge plate carriers and eagle pouches.

#124 ·
I have not seen the new Crye Digital deserts, I have seen pics of the LBT stuff in digi..AOR1 as they call the pattern. I have heard rumors it has been fielded by devgru but nothing substantial. I know there was talk amongst my unit of being in a digital pattern by the fall of this year but as far as I know when I head to the desert again it will be in good old Tri-Co.

#125 ·
Does that mean that the same bdu is also made in aor2 aka woodland marpat? Only pics i've seen thus far is some gear in aor1 that belonged to some team 3 guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.