One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Detail Pics: US Groundpounders 2003 & beyond.

55K views 126 replies 37 participants last post by  viper29 
#1 · (Edited)
For your kitbash inspiration. All photos except where noted released by US government. :thumb

US MARINE looks like he's using RACK pouches?

Attachments

See less See more
#81 ·
Thanks for the correction Hawk.

Youre welcome guys.

Craig, if you are on a PC, after clicking the picture put your mouse pointer on the lower righthand corner of the picture, then you should get a expand picture button to get the full size of the image.
And most look like they are wearin the RACK pouches directly on their FSBEs.

#84 · (Edited)
Pics of Army scout sniper team and
new USMC side armor:

Lance Cpl. Colt J. Luman, 1st Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment serving with Regimental Combat Team 5, holds up a pair of side small-arms protective inserts, SAPIs. These new armored plates are added to the outer protective vests Marines and sailors wear in the field as part of their required personal protective equipment. Marines were recently issued the improvement, boosting their survivability. Still, some Marines harbor concerns about loss of mobility.

Pic of side armor in the field.
Another pic of the new USMC DAPS? Body Armor

Attachments

#85 ·
That actually looks like it might be a standard squad with its dedicated rifleman. If it was scout/sniper he'd probably have an M24, not an M14. Not 100 percent sure, but that was what I was seeing happening in squads was the dedicated rifleman/sharpshooter position being outfitted with the M14 (civilian version is the M1A made famous by Springfield Armory.) The first three pics are of 172nd Seperate Brigade from Alaska, and the 4th in the series is a soldier from 4th ID.

#86 ·
mtnsldr said:
That actually looks like it might be a standard squad with its dedicated rifleman. If it was scout/sniper he'd probably have an M24, not an M14. Not 100 percent sure, but that was what I was seeing happening in squads was the dedicated rifleman/sharpshooter position being outfitted with the M14 (civilian version is the M1A made famous by Springfield Armory.) The first three pics are of 172nd Seperate Brigade from Alaska, and the 4th in the series is a soldier from 4th ID.
You're correct that is a designated marksman. The Army snipers are issued the M24s. These marksmen, while very proficient with their weapons haven't attended the sniper school and fill a different role. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Designated_Marksman_Rifle

#91 · (Edited)
Thanks for those pics WIMPIE! :ninja
Check new compact buttstock for the SAW.

Attachments

#96 · (Edited)
DunkleGelb said:
Got this one from a link at centcom.mil

Better look at the new BDUs in action. Worn by a 2nd ID trooper.
Check the Arm and calf pockets. Also wearin COMTAC type Headsets.
The arm and calf pockets on the uniform are not added. These are CCU's. Close combat uniform, no longer made but still used. They were originaly developed for the stryker brigade. The current ACU's are based off of there design.

#100 ·
That SOPMOD M14 has to be made in 1/6!

During my visit to HK I got to do an impromptu interview with Alan HSU of TS and
he said they were going to do a short barrel and long barreled version of the M14.

They will also impove their mold of the M4 which will come with new accessories.
He was particularly proud of the fact that he was given permission by SUREFIRE to do their products in onesixth.

#101 ·
DunkleGelb said:
That SOPMOD M14 has to be made in 1/6!

During my visit to HK I got to do an impromptu interview with Alan HSU of TS and
he said they were going to do a short barrel and long barreled version of the M14.

They will also impove their mold of the M4 which will come with new accessories.
He was particularly proud of the fact that he was given permission by SUREFIRE to do their products in onesixth.
That's some pretty awesome news Dunk! Glad to hear they're improving on the Mold and that we're getting new Accessories.

To hold us over until we can always get Alan Hsu's stuff we can always get Angies sculpt from Spartan Rex.

PS

I have a full version of the fourth picture on the top of this thread... just so you know. If anyone wants it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.