One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Detail Pics - Helo Aircrew 2000 & Beyond.

24K views 92 replies 18 participants last post by  cdn_rhino 
#1 · (Edited)
Here are some pics for your Bash Reference.
Will try not to post pics that are already on Militaryphotos.com
Please feel free to post your ref pics. :thumb

Most of these photos can be found at Defenselink.mil and AF.mil

LOW Rider. :banana

Attachments

See less See more
#47 ·
Those guys are wearing Mustang suits. Those are basically thick flight suits sewn over a loosly fitting wet suit. They are used as anit-exposure suits. Here is what my regulations say about its wear:
AFI 11-2MH-53 Volume 3,
6.4.4. Personnel will wear anti-exposure suits on any preplanned over water flights which is beyond
autorotational distance from land and the water temperature is 50 degrees Fahrenheit or less. If water
temperature ranges between 51 and 60 degrees Fahrenheit, the unit/mission commander may waive or
extend the anti-exposure suit requirement after conducting a risk assessment considering the following
factors:
6.4.4.1. Climate zone and existing weather throughout range of flights.
6.4.4.2. Operational requirements.
6.4.4.3. Number and type of aircraft in formation.
6.4.4.4. Time of flight over water.
6.4.4.5. Risk, based on aircraft load and mission configuration.
6.4.4.6. Location, availability, and capability of search and rescue (SAR) forces, (consider anticipated
time in the water prior to pick-up).
6.4.4.7. Winds and wave height and their impact on SAR.
6.4.4.8. Altitude and distance from land.
6.4.4.9. Anti-exposure suits are not required when only the approach or departure is flown over
water.

These suits are okay if the air temperature is just right. If it is to warm, you burn up. Even when it is cold, you can start to sweat and they don't breath that good so you get cold anyway.

Attachments

#48 ·
DunkleGelb said:
HGU-56/P Face Shield continued.

I call it Darth Mask.
:lol
Some 1/6 maker needs to produce the slimmer battery packs.
Those slim battery packs are the heat. we don't have any of the old thock ones anymore. Typically, if we don't have any, the rest of the world doesn't use them anymore.

i am on the list to get my helmet modified with the maxillofacial shield. The oly drawback with those are that while they mate up with the visor, you can't wear your visor with NVGs. Therefore, in a dust out, you still get some debris inside your mask. I have spoken with Gentex about this problem and they are researching the possibities of a recessed visor. There is already a recessed visor for the HGU-55P.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.