One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Detail Pics - USMC SOC Units 2000 & beyond

60K views 155 replies 44 participants last post by  nastynando 
#1 · (Edited)
Pics of US MARINE CORPS Special Operations Capable Units.
:thumb

Attachments

See less See more
#58 ·
Dunk-

Where'd you get those last few pictures?

Those are pictures of 1st Force Recon, and I'm wondering if they've gone back to Iraq. I recognize a few of the guys in the pics (including the worst excuse for a CO I've ever had, Lt Col A. J. Copp). I got mobilized with 4th Force Recon and attached to 1st, and if they've gone back, I've got a few care packages to get sent out to some of the guys.

Joe Gagliardi

#65 ·
Thanks, Dunk!

I checked out the link, and found this.......

The Company deployed to Iraq for Operation Iraqi Freedom-2 during February 2004 with attachments from 3d Force Reconnaissance Company, serving in Direct Support of Regimental Combat Team-7, 1st Marine Division (REIN).

When I was over there, we only had the woodland interceptors and Kevlars....1st Force didn't have enough FSBEs and MICHs for us Reservists. So most of us spray painted our Interceptors tan. Same with their H&S....woodland Interceptors. So these are new pics from their redployment, because they have on the coyote interceptors.

As for new gear, it's all pretty much in the pictures. The individual platoons are given a private purchase budget and can buy whatever equipment they decide the whole team needs, which is why you'll see one team with ACOGs, one with EOTechs, and one with Aimpoints, for example. A lot of guys also bought their own personal web gear....We had one that went to war with a desert Tiger Stripe chest harness! Don't ask me where he got it.....

Joe Gagliardi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.