One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread

57K views 115 replies 49 participants last post by  fury from the sky 
#1 ·
Well, I thought PD's idea was a good one, so I figured I'd start it off. I'm no expert on the M4, but I do have the SOPMOD poster pic, so I figured I'd post it and let the experts chime in.

Oh, and if you don't know what I'm talking about, pukingdog suggested we start an M4 thread so we can have a repository of current info.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
www.specialoperations.com

M-4A1 Carbine with FIRM System And Accessories:
Top Row: AN/PEQ-2, M68 Aimpoint, AN/PVS-2 Night Vision Scope,
Middle Row: Colt M-4 Carbine Shown With FIRM Handgrip Below
Bottom Row: Leaf Sight , PI M-203 Grenade Launcher with Quadrant Sight (Right)

GG&G "Urban Warrior" M-4 Design
Equipped With Pocket Night Vision Scope (Rear), M68 Aimport COMP M (Middle), and PAQ4A Laser Aiming Sight (Front)

M4A1 Carbine: Fitted With A Reflex Sight, Laser Aiming Module & PI-M203 Grenade Launcher

#8 ·
Boz takes up the challenge!

Good job, this is exactly the kind of stuff!
Uancanario posted this question on the one-sixth disc page, asking about some M-4 items. rather than turn it into a pissing match over who's the M-4 king, I suggested everyone pony up their M-4 and related knowledge and pics. A bigass M-4 archive, past to future. So jump on, and show some class, or like me, copy and print, this is just the kind of thing that OSW really shines at.

[edit] - No sooner posted than I see Skyler jumped in with both feet!

#10 ·
Great site with plenty of info on the Rail interface systems/ rail accessory systems..............
Quarterbore site
Free Float RAS II

ARMS SIR

ARES Shrike

Alexander Arms 50 Beowolf

Ultramag 50

Magpull M-93 stock

VLTOR stock

Sorry guys I know I got a little carried away but hey lots of good stuff. There is also 2 companies making 6.8 MM uppers for military trials 1 of which is Barrett and I cant remeber the other and then of course there is this

Knights SR-47
Incidentally Eagle arms made an AR-15 that shot the 7.62x39 years ago however it used a modified AR-15 mag and standard mag well.

#12 ·
Hey here is the Barrett 6.8 upper

and the other company is PRI

#14 ·
#16 ·
Wow, lots of good stuff on here. That reminds me, I nees to put that equipment request in at work..........

Seriously there are some very nice weapons systems in this thread. Some I love. Especially the 7.62mm M4 mod (SR-47). Knight's always makes nice stuff. They're nice people too. I've talked to them a couple of times. I've seen people with that Magpul custom stock, but I've never carried one. I never got an opinion on it from them either. It seems like a nice idea as long as it doesn't add too much weight to the weapon. The only problem I could see is all those little crevices filling up with dirt. Looks like it would be a pain to clean. I really like the idea of it storing the power supply for any attachments though.
I have one of those Surefire front grip assemblies on my rifle right now. It's a nice set up with the ability to be IR or white light. The light can be activated by a grip switch, or an "always on" setting on the power switch. Another neat feature id the navigation lights mounted in the front. Two LED lights can be activated by a thumb switch located on the back of the unit. They will provide you enough light to be able to follow along a wall or something in a dark house. My complaints would be that the switches are temporary. You have to hold the switch to keep the lights on. This is the same for the main light also. I wish they would modify it so it had an on/off on the handle.
Those other mods are very sharp as well. I have only had the experience of seeing the military version of the SPR (SF version of the M16 modified for sniping). It's a nice weapon and is VERY accurate thanks to a block installed to keep the upper and lower recievers from rocking.
I think this all goes to show that the M4 is the Boss. It can be modified without a lot of work to any application you can imagine. I guess that's why everyone wants one, huh?

#23 ·
My rifle as I carried it in Afghanistan. For all of you "The Hunt for Bin Laden" readers, this was taken standing on "the whale" looking down into Sha-e-Kote Valley. Me and the Senior Medic on the team were the first Americans to crest the whale. We found, believe it or not.........dead Al Queda!

Attachments

#24 ·
LSS (lightweight Shotgun System) Supposedly deployed with 10th Mountain now

Triple Break AOW

#25 ·
Skyler, is that thing (hk4.jpg) a light, a shotgun, or a flaregun attachment?

Nick Fury 2002 LSS (lightweight Shotgun System) Supposedly deployed with 10th Mountain now

- Isn't this the same system that comes with BBI Chopper's M4? I was just wondering if this is meant to replace the Masterkey (pump-action) shotgun system. Other than 10th Mountain, who else uses it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.