One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread

57K views 115 replies 49 participants last post by  fury from the sky 
#1 ·
Well, I thought PD's idea was a good one, so I figured I'd start it off. I'm no expert on the M4, but I do have the SOPMOD poster pic, so I figured I'd post it and let the experts chime in.

Oh, and if you don't know what I'm talking about, pukingdog suggested we start an M4 thread so we can have a repository of current info.

Attachments

See less See more
#102 · (Edited)
Hey Paper I got the same one, I hope you didnt pay too much for it.
You can get it cheap here: www.tngdirect.com

Its 1:1 scale based on the Colt Commando.
It has a copy of a SIR arms carryhandle mount.
I painted mine so it would look closer to how SIRs look.

But since I bought a M4 LPEG (low powered electric gun) I dont plink with it too much anymore.

#103 ·
DunkleGelb, thanks for the confirmation and the link..~ So it's 1:1 scale based on the Colt Commando...~

Though from the link you provided, it shows with selling price of $18.99....unfortunately, i bought them at $65.79...~ Guess i was ripped...~ : (

Ya, i know how it feels like once you have Electric Powered...~ ;)

Nonetheless, thanks a lot..!! : )

G
#108 ·
Maaaaan! Some nice shots of M4's and other like systems. Its pretty sorry to say that I only got to carry the M4's papa....the XM177...yeah I'm old but not that old....

And the only thing I carried with me on my last assignment was this little thing!

Attachments

#110 ·
Four_Bravo_9 said:
It looks like a 20 round mag
I asked a question around the 20-round / straight mags in the Force Recon stickied thread. Essentially, why would someone choose a 20-round instead of 30-round magazine? I've seen straight (as opposed to curved) 30-round mags in some pictures as well. Someone suggested these might be simunitions; is this a good assumption?

#112 ·
Jinxxer, some prefer the 20 rounders for shooting under/around obstacles. I havent ever had a problem with the standard 30 rnd's mag but we do carry one 20 rnd...as far the current shorty barrel rage. We went to 11" barrels several , several years back and all we heard was stupidity about shortened range, penetration etc. Again, never had any problems with a short barrel but we dont go below 11" .

#113 ·
Some guys like 20 round mags when they are shooting from prone positions or using a bipod on the rifle because 30 rounds mags are harder to change in that position when you are using a hard surface to stabilize the rifle. Simunitions use specialized mags made on clear plastic along with specialized uppers. If you have ever seen the Blackwater Sniper video on YouTube then you will see that the shooter actually has the mag well open so the 30 round mags will fall free.

#116 ·
Here's my new Toy, it was one of the first things I bought after I returned
from my DynCorp gig in October. Bushmaster M4A3 W Ïzzy flash supressor EOTech 512, VLTOR Stock, Vtac sling and MAGPUL P mag, and a GG&G BIUS.
The pistol is a Springfield Armory XD 45, one of 2 XDs I own. One of the great things about living in Nevada is I can go into my local True Value, buy a gun and leave with it that same day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.