One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread

57K views 115 replies 49 participants last post by  fury from the sky 
#1 ·
Well, I thought PD's idea was a good one, so I figured I'd start it off. I'm no expert on the M4, but I do have the SOPMOD poster pic, so I figured I'd post it and let the experts chime in.

Oh, and if you don't know what I'm talking about, pukingdog suggested we start an M4 thread so we can have a repository of current info.

Attachments

See less See more
#79 · (Edited)
I have a Daniel Defense 7.0 on my M4gery. Really good set up although the Troy MRF-C is sweet looking with the uninterrupted rail. The KAC RIS/RAS system was great when it came out but since then many companies have come out with much improved/lighter rail systems for the AR family of rifles (ie. Daniel Defense, Troy, Larue, YHM). There are also a few non-standard systems out there such as the LMT MRP, POF Predator and even the ARMS SIR system. My next project will be an LMT MRP (if they offer a 6.8SPC barrel) or a 6.8SPC SPR setup with a 16.5/18 barrel and PRI forend. Hopefully the ammo will be available in better quantities otherwise I'll scrap the 6.8....

#80 ·
zeroone said:
hey pavespawn

what is the scope on the rifle in this pic you posted?
dsc01226.jpg
I reallly could not tell you. Havoc would know this one. That was just a picture I took while on the ramp in Cuba waiting to go into Haiti. I have seen that scope used on other rifles (mostly sniper type) before. It has NVG capablility etc.

#82 ·
question on the 6.8mm

For the 6.8mm rifles, do you need a new follower in the mag to allow them to be inserted into it, or do you need a mag fit the round?

Thanks,

James

#83 ·
This is the little black rifle that I prefer

This one makes me smile pretty damn big when I am at the range as well

#92 ·
Very Nice. "Shorty" barrels are becoming the norm these days in urban environments. I knew a guy in Iraq that had a 7" barrel on his M4. It looked like a pistol.
Diamondback tactical is now offering a line of prebuilt upper recievers in their new catalog. For $1000 you can purchase down to a 9.5" barrel upper reciever.

#100 ·
PaperClipZ said:
Say, could anyone let me know on what's the average length of an M4 Carbine..? Without taking the measure of the butt stock..? Thanks a bunch...!
Not sure I understand what you mean by "without taking the measure of the butt stock", but an M4 runs from 29.75" to 33" depending on whether or not the stock is extended. A standard issue M4 has a 16" barrel length.

#101 ·
Havoc said:
Not sure I understand what you mean by "without taking the measure of the butt stock", but an M4 runs from 29.75" to 33" depending on whether or not the stock is extended. A standard issue M4 has a 16" barrel length.
Havoc, thanks for the info..~ Basically i just purchased an air soft rifle(spring) made by Wells (cant afford $200+ rifles yet) and was wondering whether is it a real 1/1 scale or 1/2 scale..~ The box states that it's 1/1 but a friend of mine insist that it's 1/2 scale...~ So hope you guys could help me out...~ :D

It's Wells' MR-733...~ Or as link below:

http://www.blazingtoys.com/products/btsrmr733tac.html

http://airsoftsuppliers.com/jieke/MR-733.htm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.