The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread - Page 4

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34

Thread: The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread

holy carp! thats short! looks like a freakin toy. I wouldnt mind a 1/6 version though lol.
    James

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Very Nice. "Shorty" barrels are becoming the norm these days in urban environments. I knew a guy in Iraq that had a 7" barrel on his M4. It looked like a pistol.
    Diamondback tactical is now offering a line of prebuilt upper recievers in their new catalog. For $1000 you can purchase down to a 9.5" barrel upper reciever.
    “I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.”
    -Thomas Paine

www.romad.com

That comparison shot with the MP5: Was that M4 supressed? If not, what's with the fat barrel?
    "I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir." Private Dexter Grif, Red Army, Red vs. Blue
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

If you look between the vents of the forward rails, you can see the barrel. It is silver in color and looks to be a 7 or 9 inch barrel, with a suppressor threaded onto the end about 3 inches short of the end of the foregrip.

That's a heavy barrelled and quiet room broom.
    Roses are red, Violets are blue. I'm schizophrenic, and so am I.
    ~ Oscar Levant

See My Trade References Here

very good observation cableguy. The silencer is halfway in the rail.
    One of these days in none of these days...... :shades

Indeed. It is isn't it? I'd love to do an Airsoft Rifle version of one of those.

Using the armalite in a Modified prone position.

I believe these are Tulsa SWAT cops.
    Sorry had the pics in my HD for a while now,
    dont remember where I got them from.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread-marshallscuba1-jpg   The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread-modifiedprone-jpg   The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread-kenandpaddymodifie-jpg  

Say, could anyone let me know on what's the average length of an M4 Carbine..? Without taking the measure of the butt stock..? Thanks a bunch...!

Those guys Dunkle are part of the Border Patrol dudes. BASX posted a link from Military Photos a few monthes back with those.

Quote Originally Posted by PaperClipZ
    Say, could anyone let me know on what's the average length of an M4 Carbine..? Without taking the measure of the butt stock..? Thanks a bunch...!
    Not sure I understand what you mean by "without taking the measure of the butt stock", but an M4 runs from 29.75" to 33" depending on whether or not the stock is extended. A standard issue M4 has a 16" barrel length.
    “I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.”
    -Thomas Paine

www.romad.com

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc
    Not sure I understand what you mean by "without taking the measure of the butt stock", but an M4 runs from 29.75" to 33" depending on whether or not the stock is extended. A standard issue M4 has a 16" barrel length.
    Havoc, thanks for the info..~ Basically i just purchased an air soft rifle(spring) made by Wells (cant afford $200+ rifles yet) and was wondering whether is it a real 1/1 scale or 1/2 scale..~ The box states that it's 1/1 but a friend of mine insist that it's 1/2 scale...~ So hope you guys could help me out...~

It's Wells' MR-733...~ Or as link below:

http://www.blazingtoys.com/products/btsrmr733tac.html

http://airsoftsuppliers.com/jieke/MR-733.htm

Hey Paper I got the same one, I hope you didnt pay too much for it.
    You can get it cheap here: www.tngdirect.com

Its 1:1 scale based on the Colt Commando.
    It has a copy of a SIR arms carryhandle mount.
    I painted mine so it would look closer to how SIRs look.

But since I bought a M4 LPEG (low powered electric gun) I dont plink with it too much anymore.
    Last edited by DunkleGelb; 09-06-2005 at 13:39.

DunkleGelb, thanks for the confirmation and the link..~ So it's 1:1 scale based on the Colt Commando...~

Though from the link you provided, it shows with selling price of $18.99....unfortunately, i bought them at $65.79...~ Guess i was ripped...~ : (

Ya, i know how it feels like once you have Electric Powered...~

Nonetheless, thanks a lot..!! : )

A multi cammed M4:

JEBUS! That MultiCammed M4 is Siiiiick!
    "I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir." Private Dexter Grif, Red Army, Red vs. Blue
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

Now THAT is dead sexy.

Um gonna dump these pics in here:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread-dm-sd-06-11624-jpeg   The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread-df-sd-06-09106-jpeg  

Tanker Unregistered Guest
    Maaaaan! Some nice shots of M4's and other like systems. Its pretty sorry to say that I only got to carry the M4's papa....the XM177...yeah I'm old but not that old....

And the only thing I carried with me on my last assignment was this little thing!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread-tankeratwork-jpg  

Yea suckas!!! Heres some mo'!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread-mk-12-spr-b_profile-jpg   The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread-mk-12-spr-usasfc-jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Four_Bravo_9
    It looks like a 20 round mag
    I asked a question around the 20-round / straight mags in the Force Recon stickied thread. Essentially, why would someone choose a 20-round instead of 30-round magazine? I've seen straight (as opposed to curved) 30-round mags in some pictures as well. Someone suggested these might be simunitions; is this a good assumption?

Hells Half Acre,Texas now at Ft. Bragg, NC

Jinxxer, some prefer the 20 rounders for shooting under/around obstacles. I havent ever had a problem with the standard 30 rnd's mag but we do carry one 20 rnd...as far the current shorty barrel rage. We went to 11" barrels several , several years back and all we heard was stupidity about shortened range, penetration etc. Again, never had any problems with a short barrel but we dont go below 11" .
    The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

within two hours away from east coast spec.ops (Army, Navy, and USMC)As well as C.I.A. SOG and Blackwater
    Some guys like 20 round mags when they are shooting from prone positions or using a bipod on the rifle because 30 rounds mags are harder to change in that position when you are using a hard surface to stabilize the rifle. Simunitions use specialized mags made on clear plastic along with specialized uppers. If you have ever seen the Blackwater Sniper video on YouTube then you will see that the shooter actually has the mag well open so the 30 round mags will fall free.

I'm sure everyone's seen these...

that last one is the one I'm trying to bash now

within two hours away from east coast spec.ops (Army, Navy, and USMC)As well as C.I.A. SOG and Blackwater
    I just bought a new toy today...a Smith and Wesson M&P 15A3. Now all I need is some optics and a rail system for it.

Here's my new Toy, it was one of the first things I bought after I returned
    from my DynCorp gig in October. Bushmaster M4A3 W Ïzzy flash supressor EOTech 512, VLTOR Stock, Vtac sling and MAGPUL P mag, and a GG&G BIUS.
    The pistol is a Springfield Armory XD 45, one of 2 XDs I own. One of the great things about living in Nevada is I can go into my local True Value, buy a gun and leave with it that same day.