The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread - Page 3

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast

Thread: The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread

basx is offline prolific kitbasher, OSW Librarian
    Hi all:
    I don't have any photos but as the resident liberarian
    I thought I should contribute this reference book on the black rifle. It's the second volume and it covers the Canadian (i.e. Diemaco) model as well as the latest Colt models.
    Note of course that when the book was released Diemaco had introduced soon afterwords the C7A2, C8A2 the C8 close quarter battle (CQB) and the C8CT custom tactical sniper rifle variants
    Also it appears that the C7 series can also use the HK grenade launcher as well as the 203
    Finally, I read in one of the French cop mags that the DEA has recently adopted an AR 15 variant from Rock Island Arsenal. I think it's called the LR 25 or LAR 25

¸xavier

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Directed at robUSAF...I heard that sighting in those ACOG's is a bitch. Also, is aiming easier for you without a cheek rest? For me its a strain on the neck when I'm sighting in and running while looking through my sights, so I mounted them on my carry handle.

I am a REALLY big fan of the ACOG. I had a TA11, which has a 3.5X mag and a donut reticle in it vs. the NSN 4x mag and crosshair. It allowed quick shots with the donut (like a red dot sight) or 3.5X mag for longer shots. No batteries to change out, and was pretty easy to zero. I never had any issues with no cheek rest and being up on the carry handle, but I would like to try it on a flat top for comparison.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Just finished my M4gery.....

w/ Glock 19 with a Surefire X200A weaponlight
    Last edited by deltaopwong; 08-25-2004 at 19:06.
    "Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have." - President Ronald Reagan

How does a holo-sight work?
    "I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir." Private Dexter Grif, Red Army, Red vs. Blue
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

The Eotech holosite has a red 65MOA ring with a 1MOA dot in the center. It is considered one of the fastest close quarters sites for small arms. Just put the red circle onto your target and you'll hit it. The small red dot is for more precise engagements beyond 50 yards. Most of the military personel/private security contractors are using the Eotech, Aimpoint M2 and Trijicon ACOGS.
    Last edited by deltaopwong; 08-26-2004 at 20:21.
    "Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have." - President Ronald Reagan

I carry an M4 with an EOTech sight, back up flip sight and PEQ-2A. I like it plain and simple - sorry no pics as of yet, still trying to figure out how to get them on the website.
    Chris

"Remember to hand your ripcord grip to the safety as you exit the aircraft"

here's a pic of my eotech and the reticle dot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread-dsc00239-jpg  

here's a closer and brighter shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread-img_2225-jpg  

and here's my M4 and my Kimber Custom TLE/RL 45..both are great weapons. My brother got me hooked on the Colt rifles when he got me an HBAR for my 18th b-day, still have it, priceless to me..like a first love..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread-img_2224-jpg  

hey pavespawn

what is the scope on the rifle in this pic you posted?
    dsc01226.jpg

too lazy to post the pic.. heh
    i mean this pic:

also a few sites:

http://www.troyind.com/

besides a few m4 they make the m14 sopmod

knight's of course...
    http://www.knightarmco.com/knightshome.htm

question : is the knights rail system, the same as the RIS (RAIL Intigration System)? is RIS just the mil designation?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread-dsc01226-jpg  

a question to anyone who served in iraq:

i heard a repot that the biggest shortage during the war was a lack of batteries... the soldier had too many electronics that ate up the battery supply esp. the night vision gear

one morething: you knowthis thread has inspired me to make a 1:6 shreik right?

not the faggy latest version that aries is selling, the butch version you have posted in this thread...

Originally posted by zeroone
    question : is the knights rail system, the same as the RIS (RAIL Intigration System)? is RIS just the mil designation?
    KAC provides RIS/RAS for the military as what I've heard. But I think the military uses RAS (Rail Accessory System) now. Is this correct? I heard RAS has a better fit. Anyway RIS/RAS basically look the same, there's not really much of a difference between them, just I think RAS is a bit better over RIS.

The RIS and RAS are different- The RAS hasa slightly more robust mechanism for 'locking' onto the rifle and is better able to withstand repeated firing of a M203 under the barrel. The RIS however is more versatile in that it fits different barrel profiles (e.g. a heavy barrel)- You can tell the difference by the etched numbers- The RIS starts at 1 at the front sight end and counts up- the RAS starts at 16 (?) at the receiver end and counts up.
    I've never seen anything but the RAS in regular Army and Marine units. The RIS seems entirely within SOCOM.

so ris/ras is basically the mil designation for the knight systems?

within two hours away from east coast spec.ops (Army, Navy, and USMC)As well as C.I.A. SOG and Blackwater
    Just bought two Bushmaster M-4's today. I am going to convert one to a SPR in 6.8 SPC with a 20" barrel and put a Leupold 20x on it. I just talked to a Class III gun dealer after I bought them and now thinking about getting a CQBR with 11.5" barrel.

I have a Daniel Defense 7.0 on my M4gery. Really good set up although the Troy MRF-C is sweet looking with the uninterrupted rail. The KAC RIS/RAS system was great when it came out but since then many companies have come out with much improved/lighter rail systems for the AR family of rifles (ie. Daniel Defense, Troy, Larue, YHM). There are also a few non-standard systems out there such as the LMT MRP, POF Predator and even the ARMS SIR system. My next project will be an LMT MRP (if they offer a 6.8SPC barrel) or a 6.8SPC SPR setup with a 16.5/18 barrel and PRI forend. Hopefully the ammo will be available in better quantities otherwise I'll scrap the 6.8....
    Last edited by deltaopwong; 01-17-2005 at 21:38.

Originally posted by zeroone
    hey pavespawn

what is the scope on the rifle in this pic you posted?
    dsc01226.jpg
    I reallly could not tell you. Havoc would know this one. That was just a picture I took while on the ramp in Cuba waiting to go into Haiti. I have seen that scope used on other rifles (mostly sniper type) before. It has NVG capablility etc.

The scope is the PVS-10. Basically, it is a hi-tech sniper scope. My snipers have mixed feelings about it, but I think its an okay piece of equipment.
    Chris

"Remember to hand your ripcord grip to the safety as you exit the aircraft"

question on the 6.8mm

For the 6.8mm rifles, do you need a new follower in the mag to allow them to be inserted into it, or do you need a mag fit the round?

Thanks,

James

This is the little black rifle that I prefer

This one makes me smile pretty damn big when I am at the range as well
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." -Dr. Seuss

Arrow O.C.C. (OFFENSIVE COMPACT CARBINE) What a Shorty!

Was lookin around for some gun pics when I saw these from:
    Patriot Ordanance Factory http://www.pof-usa.com

Compact Bang Bang.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread-osc-jpg  

Sweet find Dunk!
    This should go in the "Great" M4 thread.

Nando
    Some days you eat the bear. Some days the bear eats you. Some days you both walk away!

mmmm me want.

now this is simply awesome. At that length and at that cailbre... sweet piece of weapon.
    One of these days in none of these days...... :shades

I don't know anything about Patriot or their quality, but they make some purty weapons.

Roses are red, Violets are blue. I'm schizophrenic, and so am I.
    ~ Oscar Levant

See My Trade References Here

Check out this weapon

It looks like a 20 round mag
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread-29780479la6gg-jpg  

Those are sweet..I love the last one!

Dunk.. I take it they are only for Special Operators?