One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread

57K views 115 replies 49 participants last post by  fury from the sky 
#1 ·
Well, I thought PD's idea was a good one, so I figured I'd start it off. I'm no expert on the M4, but I do have the SOPMOD poster pic, so I figured I'd post it and let the experts chime in.

Oh, and if you don't know what I'm talking about, pukingdog suggested we start an M4 thread so we can have a repository of current info.

Attachments

See less See more
#31 ·
My weapon in Iraq had a Surefire front grip, an ACOG or a Holosight depending on where I was, a Redi-mag that holds an extra mag on the weapon right next to th primary and is released with the same button, and an IZLID 424P IR Pointer. I also maintained the bracket on the top of the barrel for my PVS-14 to mount. The 424P is used to point at targets so tac aircraft flying with NVGs can see where I'm looking. It's also boresighted to the weapon to act as an aiming device at night under NVGs.
My weapon in Afghanistan did have the KNight's suppressor, ACOG, and PEQ-2 with the front grip assembly.

#33 ·
No, the 424 is just an IR pointer, visible with night vision. The laser target designators are MUCH too big to be weapons mounted. I'll be glad when they do get that small though! It'll take a lot of load off me!

#34 ·
My M-4 along with Saddam's P.O.S.

This pic is courtesy of the Iraqi Government....Downtown Baghdad April 2003. My M-4.....ACOG Reflex site with amber triangle, ganster grip on rail interface, AN-PEQ, and standard surefire light source...nothing fancy but it works... Notice the rubber bands on ganster grip....great for gripping when you are sweaty....We use standard "Skateboard" tape on buttstock and along pistol grip for better control. Moving with a weapon is not easy....Skateboard tape prevents sliding on vest...works GREAT.. Notice 100 Mile an hour tape holding PEQ on rail....it is Ghetto but it works.....I love me little M-4.......

Gold plated P.O.S. taken from main palace basement.....nuff said.

Attachments

#38 ·
Mutt, yes it is an Orlite, and yes it is a homemade magpull. One thing I did not mention was on my weapon, visible just forward of the stock are two lithium batteries secured with 100MPH tape (quick-release) They are for my light source...the light is bright but when the batteries go they go fast..nice to have spares ready to go....Take Care....More pics every so often.

OUT

#44 ·
The batteries actually go in the electronics. The stocks hold spare batteries. Before this feature was built into stocks, I would assume that the operators kept them wherever they could find a handy spot for them. Like in the Serpent63's pic where he has them taped to the side of the stock.

#47 ·
Sorry about that, I just took a new picture with my M4gery and added my Glock 19 and 26 with the EVIL 31rd. magazine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.