The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread - Page 2

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread

My weapon in Iraq had a Surefire front grip, an ACOG or a Holosight depending on where I was, a Redi-mag that holds an extra mag on the weapon right next to th primary and is released with the same button, and an IZLID 424P IR Pointer. I also maintained the bracket on the top of the barrel for my PVS-14 to mount. The 424P is used to point at targets so tac aircraft flying with NVGs can see where I'm looking. It's also boresighted to the weapon to act as an aiming device at night under NVGs.
    My weapon in Afghanistan did have the KNight's suppressor, ACOG, and PEQ-2 with the front grip assembly.
    “I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.”
    -Thomas Paine

www.romad.com

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

So Havoc, could you "paint" a target for airstrikes with the IZLID 424P? or is that not yet possible in such a small size?

No, the 424 is just an IR pointer, visible with night vision. The laser target designators are MUCH too big to be weapons mounted. I'll be glad when they do get that small though! It'll take a lot of load off me!
    “I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.”
    -Thomas Paine

www.romad.com

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My M-4 along with Saddam's P.O.S.

This pic is courtesy of the Iraqi Government....Downtown Baghdad April 2003. My M-4.....ACOG Reflex site with amber triangle, ganster grip on rail interface, AN-PEQ, and standard surefire light source...nothing fancy but it works... Notice the rubber bands on ganster grip....great for gripping when you are sweaty....We use standard "Skateboard" tape on buttstock and along pistol grip for better control. Moving with a weapon is not easy....Skateboard tape prevents sliding on vest...works GREAT.. Notice 100 Mile an hour tape holding PEQ on rail....it is Ghetto but it works.....I love me little M-4.......

Gold plated P.O.S. taken from main palace basement.....nuff said.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread-63apr03-1jpg-jpg  

Dang, Serpent,

That is SWEEEEEET!!!!
    Feedback

"Freedom is not free."

hey serpent, you're right, looks really quite the same man.

crisibabe's Swiss Invasion

Serpent,
    Nice Orlite mag too by the way! (That IS an Orlite, right?) With a homemade magpull?

Stay safe Bud!

Jack

Mutt, yes it is an Orlite, and yes it is a homemade magpull. One thing I did not mention was on my weapon, visible just forward of the stock are two lithium batteries secured with 100MPH tape (quick-release) They are for my light source...the light is bright but when the batteries go they go fast..nice to have spares ready to go....Take Care....More pics every so often.

OUT

Not exactly a M4 but what the hell I run this place

It's bushmaster AR15 with a 16inch upper, A.R.M.S. SIR, and nifty foregrip/bi-pod combo.
    USMC CHET OSW Co-Founder
    John P. Hermesmeyer
    92-96 5th Marines 0311
    Semper Fi
    Ryan Bonaminio "Eagle MP" Gone but not forgotten

Hey Chet, isnt there a pic of Caz or Clay Rockin n Rollin with your AR15?

Also wanted to ad some pics of the M4 with Holos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread-sfbaghdad-jpg  

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread-m4-jpg  

Hey Chet, isnt there a pic of Caz or Clay Rockin n Rollin with your AR15?
    Nah Caz was rockin with my 1911
    1B4 was rockin with my AR
    USMC CHET OSW Co-Founder
    John P. Hermesmeyer
    92-96 5th Marines 0311
    Semper Fi
    Ryan Bonaminio "Eagle MP" Gone but not forgotten

Small question,
    where did/do batteries for the elcetronics go on the rifle before they were built into the newer style stocks?

The batteries actually go in the electronics. The stocks hold spare batteries. Before this feature was built into stocks, I would assume that the operators kept them wherever they could find a handy spot for them. Like in the Serpent63's pic where he has them taped to the side of the stock.
    Feedback

"Freedom is not free."

Updated 8/22/04 on page 7

Stan
    Last edited by deltaopwong; 08-22-2004 at 13:31.
    "Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have." - President Ronald Reagan

we got a RED X deltaop

Sorry about that, I just took a new picture with my M4gery and added my Glock 19 and 26 with the EVIL 31rd. magazine.
    "Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have." - President Ronald Reagan

Here are some M4 (and varients) that I ran into while on my last trip...

This is one of the PJ's weapons and kit...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread-dsc01136-jpg  

This one is SF. I know it isn't your standard M4...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread-dsc01226-jpg  

And finally, my humble GUU-5 with an Eotech holosight (sorry so blurry, it was taken in flight)...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread-dsc01227-jpg  

pave is there anyway i can see all your pics?

Pardon my ignorance but can anybody tell me why they put tapes on the bottom of the magazine? Is it for easy grip?

thanks

Tape is placed at the bottom of a magazine to make a "handle" for quick removal from a pouch or what have you. It would also help you remove the mag if it happens to stick in the weapon.

That second to last pic is a Knights SR25 or MK11 sniper rifle..it's got a free float RAS and the scope I am not sure of the designation/name but I know it is a combo night/day one that is also used on the M24 SWS..cool pics pave as always.

Originally posted by RobUSAF
    Havoc has motivated me to lurk less, post more, so here is a pic of my M4 and I in N. Iraq as a TACP with 10th Special Forces Group.
    Is that an HSGI chest rig you got there?

You like it?
    Great pic!

This is my M4. I just got it put together yesterday. (That's where all the money went from my 1:6 sales.)

[IMG]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TQATA3cXGbWDW726dOHq7ZXnNXb456Hw6ozt7Bnrutq7gfOS8 eJXST3lDbg6rhNG*8KlUTDYBmabs*B65pgQj5ntGGRIaRuqAzz kPW1g38gr7zvvJev3FA/Good_tools.jpg?dc=4675475608910898774[/IMG]

MVSpartan, You are correct, that's a HSGI Denali. I really dug it over there because it has a couple of big map pockets behind the mag pouches that let me carry all my close air support type items. And there was plenty of room left over in the rest of the rig. The only trouble I had with the chest harness was trying to go over the top of some walls... I'd end up looking like the fat kid in gym class until I learned to lift up on it with one hand as I went up and over.

Thanks man!

somthing to add
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread-optima-2000-jpg  
    "I gotta jar of diiiirt, I gotta jar of diiirt, and guess whats inside it!" - Jack Sparrow
    I brought payment. *BANG!* Look, an undead monkey! - Jack Sparrow

I also noticed this absent from the post. This is the laser Bruce Willis had on his weapon in tears of the sun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Soon To Be Great M4 Thread-duallaser-jpg  
    Last edited by Pvt. Ryan HOH; 09-05-2004 at 12:24.
    "I gotta jar of diiiirt, I gotta jar of diiirt, and guess whats inside it!" - Jack Sparrow
    I brought payment. *BANG!* Look, an undead monkey! - Jack Sparrow