Sealing Pastel Chalk?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Sealing Pastel Chalk?

Sealing Pastel Chalk?

I was wondering what most people who use pastel chalk to detail a head use for sealer. The reason is I've been using plain old Krylon Matte sealer to seal heads for a few years but once I've started using the chalk it seems the sealer has the effect of brighting the the color of my chalk work.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've noticed that ALL acrylic sealers make the colores of the pastel more vibrant. Some store- brand sealers don't cause that.

You can try mixing Future and Lighter fluid for a sealer and using an Aribrush. It creates a nice finish and dosen't alter the colours at all.

If you want to experiment, try some hairspray.Hold it back about 2,5 or 3 feet though....or else it will look like the sculpt just got dunked in oil.
    'Only two things are infinite -- the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the Universe.' --Albert Einstein