One Sixth Warriors: Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion

Go Back   OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum > Main Discussion Forums > Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.

Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion. Collect, Kitbash, Customize. All Brands, All Eras, All Genres.
WWII, Modern, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, etc. Anything directly related to 1/6th scale action figure collecting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2008, 00:35
Part-Time Action Hero

1:6 Convoy Truck ?

Just wondering if anyone knows about a 1:6 convoy truck ala' Raiders of the Lost Ark out there. I'm aware of the Opel Blitz, though I can't seem to find much info on it besides a youtube video.

If you have any info, links, pics or even have one to sell please post here. I think my mind would explode into a million pieces of awesomeness if I could ever see the Cargo Truck scene from Raiders displayed on a 1:6 scale.

YouTube Video:
Old 12-07-2008, 00:43
Music City Bacon

nope.. there's nothing really out there.. you'd have to custom build it... something I have thought of for years now.. but never even tried to start..
Old 12-07-2008, 00:55
BBi Fanboy

There was someone selling that Opel on Ebay awhile back, though I don't know if they're still available.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:59
emigre

Awesome truck--wonder how many there actually are out there. Never seen one. What if it's a fiendish CGI hoax? Cruel.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:28
sits in a loose parts box

OC Bubba did built some Deuce Trucks out of wood, maybe you can ask him?
Old 12-07-2008, 07:05
Action Figure Customizer

Well I found their site,

http://www.metalboxmodels.com

It says 1050eu for that truck.
There are more pix of the opel blitz on the site.

One other thing. I found a site for paper models awhile back that had a truck kind of like the opel. It's a rough design but I'm sure someone could use it as a base to build one out of styrene.

http://www.chihuahuadepapel.com/

Hope that helps,

Paul
Old 12-07-2008, 09:48
OSW Member

James Desimone used to make 1/6 scale Opel Blitz and GI trucks via rotomolding. His stuff came out under $200 shipped normally. I don't know if he's still doing business as he tried to sell off his business and collection some time ago. His website is www.gijoeinformation.com/. Here's another website about work people have done to his vehicles http://kanowarrior.tripod.com/action...twar/id54.html

Mr. Desimone didn't actually own the Opel he did as it was a project for Tim/Kanowarrior. At the moment those molds are in the hands of the Battleground Vehicle guys. Check out http://www.plasticpanzers.8k.com/ for details. I'm not sure when they will be available again as I know for a fact that the molds are being updated to crisp lines and get rid of those horrible rear fenders. Tim/plasticpanzers is a great guy whom I've got some business with and had no problems.

Now, heres the disclaimer. Rotomolded vehicles will never have the crispness of detail or finish that will be experienced with other construction methods. Depending on the plastic mix and the spin you can end up with little pores and thin plastic. If done right the sides are smooth and there is structural bulk to the vehicle. A huge issue is getting anything to glue to the plastics. Often fasteners are needed. I've owned JD's LVT and BGV's Puma (sold off for $$) and was happy with both. The LVT required a lot of work.

Hope this helps...
Old 12-07-2008, 17:01
Part-Time Action Hero

Wow, I wasn't expecting such a great turnout of info.

The OSW owns all other 1:6 forums, by the way

Thanks for the great info guys---I think my best bet is going to be the one mentioned above, as it's fairly inexpensive and with a little work, could be truly fantastic. It'll be a slow process due to $$ and time, but I'll keep you updated on my progress (if any).

Thanks again, guys.
Old 12-07-2008, 18:42
OSW Member

Hello, y'all!

Yeah, I gotta echo your comment Ashton16, OSW is the place to go!

I've considered several times to try my hand building something, however, the thing that usually disuades me is the running gear, wheels and tires for wheeled vehicles, and tracks and road wheels / idlers for armored vehicles. Bodies and hulls would be fairly easy, but coming up with wheels that didn't look "toy" like seems to be a problem. If somebody came up with a decent set of wheel / tire combinations, they'd make a killing.

I know a few examples of good wheel / tires, but tearing apart a 21C Command Car or M3 just for the wheels is kinda silly. DML and DiD both released accesory kits with wheels, but $50 + is a little too steep.

I've actually kinda switched to non-wheeled vehicles for my latest coupla projects.

Russ
FAA Airman *Pending*
Proud son of Rose and Wes
Old 12-07-2008, 23:15
1:6 puppy

you may have to scratch build one...but then...thats what they did in 'real life' for the movie.they built a 'real' truck...just threw together some good looking 'set dressing' on top of a fabricated frame...power train..etc.then blew it up after the principal filming.remember the old movie joke about cows looking more like horses than real horses?("then how do you film cows?".."we just tape a bunch of kittens together")rather than use a real truck...they built their own.hollywood.go figure.
Old 01-27-2009, 13:02
1:6 Dealer

Re: 1:6 Convoy Truck ?

Howdy! We are currently updating the mold on the Opel Blitz. New tires designed by Dubar that look far superior to the orginals will be included. Removing the rear fenders and may supply an option resin upgrade kit of lights, new rear fenders, and other dodads.
I did a build of a small truck from sunnysmile and it came out a bit like the ROTLA truck and is on my old http://www.combatcommand.8k.com website.
Tim (plasticpanzers)
Old 01-27-2009, 16:46
OSW Member

Hiya, y'all!

Hey Tim, thanx for the update! Any plans for other wheeled softskins? Also, is there any thought to offering just the wheel / tires seperately? Thanx again!

Russ
FAA Airman
Proud son of Rose and Wes

Last edited by russcal; 01-27-2009 at 16:47. Reason: spelling... d'oh!
Old 01-27-2009, 17:47
OSW Member

Its a awesome truck but I don't think any company makes it be I think james desimone does.
Old 01-27-2009, 23:29

We may do some others later on. Its a very weak market right now. we will be offering the wheels seperate like the Puma wheels now (which are British Daimler AC or heavy truck wheels on their other side). The Blitz should be back on the market in a couple months at most.
Tim (plasticpanzers)
Old 04-06-2009, 19:13

The opel blitz should be back on the market in its basic form but without the old rear molded fenders and new tires designed by Dubar by WOH. Should have one or two built by showtime for display/sales there.
Tim (plasticpanzers)
Old 04-06-2009, 20:04
The Mighty Boosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticpanzers View Post
we will be offering the wheels separate like the Puma wheels now (which are British Daimler AC or heavy truck wheels on their other side).
Tim (plasticpanzers)
What a damned good idea.
Old 04-08-2009, 15:07
OSW Member

Here`s one......http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tab%3DWatching
Old 04-08-2009, 21:02
OSW Member

Can someone please explain to me why people would waste the time and money to list on Ebay and then not want to freaking ship it! don't they realize you just cut your market share by 10 fold....I have seen Bradleys and Hummers go for $30 because I guy would not ship...great for teh guy who lives down the street. Don't people look at what things sell for...lady could make 300-400 but now she will get 100...cause to lazy to ship. UGH!...ok I am done
Old 04-08-2009, 21:12
USMC Recruit

I heard Plastic Panzers was making one sometime. Actulally he told me when I went looking for the Opel Blitz a while back.
Old 04-09-2009, 16:28

extraordinary great looking Blitz! I probably is not practical to ship due to size and the detail items (I know about shipping big stuff! LOL!). I am sure she is thinking more about her late husband than the price she could be getting. The price now is quite low
for such a beautiful piece of workmanship.
Tim (plasticpanzers)
Old 04-15-2009, 13:13
OSW Member

It sold for £411 0r $610, somebody really wanted that truck!!!!
Old 04-15-2009, 18:19
Pop culture Addict

I just finished reading the book Killing Rommel and am very inspired to kitbash a long range desert group truck lol