One Sixth Warriors: Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion

Go Back   OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum > Main Discussion Forums > Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.

Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion. Collect, Kitbash, Customize. All Brands, All Eras, All Genres.
WWII, Modern, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, etc. Anything directly related to 1/6th scale action figure collecting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2013, 18:03
OSW Member

Re: Phicen:1/6 Female Seamless Body Ver.04 X 2

Nice, very nice, may have to buy.
Old 05-15-2013, 18:11
ever wearing flipflops

I have been on the fence about seamless bodies - been waiting to see one that I wanted to invest in. These look good - and the HS swap out system is cool

I think I just may get the "pale" version.

Yes, I probabaly will.

What in the heck I would do with it I have no clue - hide it from a future girlfriend is first on the list though.
Old 05-15-2013, 18:56
Figure Dissector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Eaton Flipflop View Post
I have been on the fence about seamless bodies - been waiting to see one that I wanted to invest in. These look good - and the HS swap out system is cool

I think I just may get the "pale" version.

Yes, I probabaly will.

What in the heck I would do with it I have no clue - hide it from a future girlfriend is first on the list though.
Both are pale.... just difference in bust size...
Old 05-15-2013, 20:52
1:6 Acquisitionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastX View Post
--

Maybe he was too transfixed to notice they were both pale?

Old 05-16-2013, 09:31
Hellsing Org. Mercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
--

I was also too transfixed to notice they are both from the same ethnicity.

Medicom hater.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:17
Best Pervert of All Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastX View Post
They're of different bust sizes?
Old 05-16-2013, 10:36
OSW Member

I really can't see the difference in the bust size. in all honesty I wish they would sell the head sculpt separately. but for what most dealer will probably ask for the head alone, you will probably be better off buying the whole figure.
Old 05-16-2013, 13:07
OSW Member

the asian looked a bit like li-bingbing in my opinion
Old 05-16-2013, 19:24
ever wearing flipflops

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
--

Thanks for the heads up guys

The darker hair figure skin tone looked lighter for some reason.
Old 05-16-2013, 19:31
Figure Dissector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Eaton Flipflop View Post
Thanks for the heads up guys

The darker hair figure skin tone looked lighter for some reason.
Greater contrast with dark hair...
Old 07-04-2013, 01:13
OSW Member

any in hand pics of these?
Old 07-04-2013, 04:02
Figure Dissector

Quote:
Originally Posted by _328th_Bantar View Post
any in hand pics of these?

on this thread..
is this a production photo sample of the new phicen body?
Old 07-07-2013, 02:41
OSW Member

on both lists of this ebay vendor, you can see how the figure face and body on the package, taken by normal camera, nice

Large-Breast-Size-PLMB2013-16

Middle-Breast-Size-PLMB2013-15

face looks darker because there is plastic sleeve covering their heads.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:14
OSW Member

nice both are really nice, but the small bust is just a tad to small for me. The brunette is bought as far as I am concern. I wonder when these will hit the states?
Old 07-11-2013, 16:23
OSW Member

There is somebody at ebay parted out the new body yesterday, so I saved some pics and here I stitch them up for reference. seems like you're going to need a big blob of BluTack to keep both parts of the head stay together

body seems very matte this time, no sheen at all, I'm not sure if that is a plus or minus, I like some sheen on the skin, healthy skin does glow a little, as long as they are not plasticky glossy, however this one seems very matte
maybe the plus side is if you plan to blush it with something it will hold better since it has more grip to the skin.

did they reduce the size of the breast? I also thought they made the middle bust smaller compared to previous middle bust, and I kinda thought this one too, or maybe just because lack of any shadow

Old 07-11-2013, 22:14
It's Alive, It's Aliiiive

@navetsea,, hello, i was looking at your 2 boxed set photos and to me looks like two different skintones. Is that correct? or the camera lighting. thanks
Old 07-12-2013, 00:24
OSW Member

those photos are not mine, I just searched around while waiting mine to arrive, prepared myself to be happy and or sad about it lol
Old 07-12-2013, 01:48
Hellsing Org. Mercenary

Glad I didn't buy any of these since the actual in-hand head sculpts look rather bad. The bodies are still nice though.

Medicom hater.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:17
OSW Member

Actual in hand does not look like the photos due to the QC of the face painting or printing. The sculpting is dead on but you need to repaint it to make it look like the photos. Also the tone is tad off due to lighting.

At nearly 60 USD each just for a nude and head, I would hesitate.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:37
OSW Member

actually with a little eyeliner and darker eyebrows and perhaps a tad rosier lips, it would be great just like in the conceptual photos, I think it is very doable, and from that post about it in mature section about its movement range, I'm still very happy.

the part that made me a little bit sad is the head construction, seems like it would crumble every now and then when you try to pose it around... or when you put a helmet on the scalp would come off together with the helmet
Old 07-12-2013, 05:42
Hellsing Org. Mercenary

Precisely, one will need to repaint it to make it good or like in the promo pics. I expected it to look good without any user's modification but looks like Phicen failed to impressed me again.

Medicom hater.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:15
OSW Member

Received mine recently and am sad to admit I wasted my money. I have 5 previous Phicen figures, all of which I love. But these two are major disappointments. The huge faults are the heads and the hair. These two have heads that come apart and they are a major failing. While the face locks in tight on it's peg, the back (with the hair) does not notch in tight at all and falls off easily. They have included some kind of modeling clay to fix this (and I'm sure I could super glue the head piece), but truth be told I'm not kit basher or modeler and don't have the patience to do this. Even if I did, the hair on the heads is absolutely insane, wild tangled messes that look like extremely bad wigs. Very unflattering and downright ugly. I wanted them to be like my other Phicens, something I could take out and display with no problem. As the upcoming Rose figures seem to have the same features (split heads and insane hair) I will not be ordering them. If they go back to solid heads and sensible hair styles, I'm good. If not, I'm thinking twice about ordering more in the future.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:24
1:6 Acquisitionist

I read the same types of complaints/issues here & elsewhere about the latest release. Generally speaking, Chad (SMcG Customs) would probably have chimed in by now since he keeps in regular touch with PHICEN, but he's been busy filling orders, etc. from the holiday sale last week. I do hope he'll chime in to find out exactly what happened with this latest release.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:33
OSW Member

I dearly love my previous 5 (or the bikini girls as I call them). But I feel these new types desperately needed solid heads and shorter hair. They look like bad prostitutes.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:22
OSW Member

I think for the scalp, all you need is a big blob of blutack, stuff it inside the head and press it together, I think it will hold them together, and maybe even function as a brain HAHA

I like the idea of replaceable hair, especially if they will sell hair packs/ wigs, and changeable eyes is also neat

the problem is the mechanism, but I believe a blob of blutack will do.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:54
Best Pervert of All Time!

Pretty swell although I'm not too keen on the paint job. It could have done much better if it had looked a bit more like the prototype.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:56
OSW Member

These two really needed an alternate style of hair. I'm not against different hairstyles, I love the long hair on the small breast red head I have. But these two are too much. If the hair stayed like it does in the pictures in the box, fine. But you take them out and "boom" instant hooker hair.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:01
Cobra infantry soldier

$$? is it really worth it? $$? should i buy one!?!
Old 07-12-2013, 12:19
OSW Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraTrooper11 View Post
$$? is it really worth it? $$? should i buy one!?!
I say pass. And as an aside, I find it funny how the bald head back fits tighter than the one with the hair.
Old 07-12-2013, 13:24
1:6 Dealer

David,
Got your email...thanks. You will be getting a reply shortly.

Now let's talk about the PHICEN 4.0 shall we.....Everyone knows that I have a big supporter of the PHICEN products ever since I brought them to the USA in the very beginning. I have worked with PHICEN on several projects from the first headsculpts on the original small bust line, some of their boxed collectibles as well as the recent NINA 1.0.
I agree with EVERYONE on their comments regarding the design, radical difference in promo image to final product!!!! You can not offer a customer a product and then have it that much different in the end. I understand some paint differences but not this far off. I have had other customers ask about the "putty" they give you and the other assembly questions, but haven't heard back yet.

CHUNG...I agree with your thoughts on the new FIRE collectibles. My sales in preorder were drastically lower and I do feel it is because of this 4.0 issue. David has expressed his disgust to me as well on this and from what i have read, he is just as nervous as I am and everyone else.

There are other issues that have come up behind the scenes with PHICEN and I will not address them in front of the masses. Business is business and I hope everyone respects that.

I still love their bodies and actually don't care too much personally for the 4.0.

They are nice but I felt they already had the issues solved with the last bodies. Now they went ahead and changed the skin and fudged them up....but that is my view from a collector and hobbyist standpoint!

As I said before and many times in the past, I will not sell every product under the sun to make just the all mighty dollar. If the quality is good and issue free, I AM ALL IN....but if at any time a product I carry doesn't continually live up to my expectations or starts to give me a headache...that is it!!!!

I don't feel the customer deserves that and I know I don't need the headache for a couple of dollars.
I am keeping a VERY CLOSE EYE on the next product PHICEN releases whenever that may be. I will not say at this point that it will be a guarantee that I will offer the next PHICEN product for preorder until I am confident that these issues are not ongoing.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know and I will do my best to find some answers.

SMcG