One Sixth Warriors: Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion

Go Back   OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum > Main Discussion Forums > Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.

Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion. Collect, Kitbash, Customize. All Brands, All Eras, All Genres.
WWII, Modern, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, etc. Anything directly related to 1/6th scale action figure collecting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2012, 08:03
BBICN ONLINE

Phicen:1:6 Scale Deluxe Collector figure--SELENA

Item Name: SELENA /1:6 Scale Deluxe Collector figure
Item NO: PL201212

Accessories:

1): Head sculpt: 1 pc
2): Large bust size seamless body pale skin: 1 pc (33 points of articulation)
3): Replaceable hand: 6 pcs / 3 style
4): Leotards: 1 pc
5): Corset: 1 pc
6): Trench coat: 1 pc
7): Cuff: 2 pc / set:
8): Leg bag: 2 pc / sets
9): Boots 1 pair
10): Sword 1 pc
11): Shotgun 1 pc
12): Canister shot 3 pc
13): Submachine gun 1 pc
14): Submachine gun cartridge clip 1 pc
15): Pistol 4 pc / 2 style
16): Handgun bullets 4pc / 2 style

Features:
1): Product height: 29.5CM
2): 1figure in itself black inner box
3): 12pcs into 1carton box
4): NW: 0.9 KG Size: L34.80cm X W14.80cm X H9.70cm
5): GW: 6.2 KG Size: L32.00cm X W29.80cm X H36.52CM

Old 04-12-2012, 08:10
OSW Member

Re: Phicen:1:6 Scale Deluxe Collector figure--SELENA

Why go seamless if the figure is all covered up? Be better off selling headsculpt clothes and accessories as a kit
Old 04-12-2012, 08:13
the right to be a god !

love the outfit
Old 04-12-2012, 08:28
OSW Member

Very similar to the Wild Toys (Wildworks?) version......better, an improvement, but still I have to agree there is no point going seamless if this entire figure is covered up.
Looks almost like a revision of that original work.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:29
OSW Member

NOT BAD!!! not bad at all....I just might end up with two of these after all...I like the figure fun Selene and I like this one...the details in the costume is fantastic (of course I will switch out the body) but I really like this. You were not blowing smoke up our a--- Chad. Another poster accused you of being biased toward Phicen and maybe he is right, (I don't know) but it was absolutely warranted this time. The head sculpt does bear a liking to Kate Beckinsale....... Again I like this!!!!! Now the mother of all questions is.....HOW MUCH????
Old 04-12-2012, 08:34
OSW Member

Fantastic stitchwork! Man, this is going to hurt the wallet!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:36
OSW Member

high forehead....as if she is going bald soon .... LOL
Old 04-12-2012, 08:58
OSW Member

Well there goes a couple hundred bucks

Any price on this?
Old 04-12-2012, 08:58
1:6 Dealer

I am glad that you like what you see here from both PHICEN and I...

Now many have commented on why use a seamless on this type of set. Well, as I said in the other postings, I do think this will help in holding the poses where as the looser free flowing joints of a standard body wouldnt sometimes.
One thing I am keeping in mind is this.....even though a set like this is on a body that primarily is used for more scantily clad characters shouldn't really make a difference really. These bodies have more and more been used for more that just the bikini babe and this is no exception.
Why pay for an expensive body when you dont need it? With the case of the price of a body in a set, you would be surprised how little this is calculated into the price as a whole. Keep in mind, PHICEN produces MANY MANY seamless base bodes which in turn keeps the cost more manageable when it comes to full boxsets. More room to be competitive in the end.
This is no difference when Hot Toys or Triad or any other company uses a standard base body for many different projects. That really is the only way to go in order to keep those costs down and still offer a complete product.

PHICEN isnt into selling character sets....only complete products.

Look at the other side of the coin...how many times have we purchased a set that has exceptional clothing and accessories but a standard base body....only to have to swap it out for a nicer one. We all have done that...

Now we don't have to anymore.....I know a few customers have thought about doing a photostory with Selena in a day to day scenario. Now she is on a body that fits the scenario...

JUST HAVE FUN WITH HER....and ENJOY!!!

PHICEN will become more than just a seamless body company in the future.

SMCG
Old 04-12-2012, 09:02

OH...I have seen it at bbicn and they have her listed at appx: 115.oo in the Asian market which would put her at pretty close to what I mentioned in the other post for the USA market...
Not 100% sure but...I estimate her being about 130-139 here average..

SMCG
Old 04-12-2012, 09:03
OSW Member

No price yet?
Old 04-12-2012, 09:08
OSW Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlordmacgyver View Post
OH...I have seen it at bbicn and they have her listed at appx: 115.oo in the Asian market which would put her at pretty close to what I mentioned in the other post for the USA market...
Not 100% sure but...I estimate her being about 130-139 here average..

SMCG
Awesome. I'll take a ballpark. Thank you.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:09
OSW Member

is that the lara tomb raider headsculpt again? i recognize that giant forehead anywhere. lol

the sword looks horrible. i like how there's only one pose in all the pictures. the clothes are the only thing i'm interested in so this will be a loose parts buy for me. will definitely get the fun figure one instead. $140 for this is just silly
Old 04-12-2012, 09:16
I'm BACK!!

It's not bad, but, you want to be able to pose the heck out of a Selene and I'm not sure the body will allow for that.

I suppose you could put the gear on another body if you so wished, but, then you have to find a body that the head will fit on.

Hmmmmmm....

CHEERS!
Old 04-12-2012, 09:32
OSW Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbee View Post
It's not bad, but, you want to be able to pose the heck out of a Selene and I'm not sure the body will allow for that.

I suppose you could put the gear on another body if you so wished, but, then you have to find a body that the head will fit on.

Hmmmmmm....

CHEERS!
I'll probably end up doing a body swap if the Phicen doesn't pose well. I can always find a use for the old body later on.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:28
OSW Member

Uh, doesn't look like her.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:34
OSW Member

Nice clothes, poor sculpt.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:36
Whatever Works, Dude

TTL jointed bodies fit the Phicen heads just fine. I used one with a Laura head to make a Biker Laura variant. You could use a Takara base fig as well. A Triad Alpha will require a bit of modding.

From experience, I don't think the Phicen bodies are as fragile as their popular reputation suggests. The skeletons are actually pretty tough and the ratcheting design is so they can hold poses against the skin's resistance. The only problem is that the seamless body doesn't give as much visual feedback if you're moving a joint in the wrong direction. You don't require any more force than a normal jointed body to pose them, so if a joint isn't moving, it's not because the ratchets are stuck. It's because you're moving it in the wrong direction and will break it if you persist.

That said, that problem gets exacerbated if you put a jacket on the figure because now you have two independent layers of stuff covering the joint and preventing you from getting cues on how to move the joint. It's not an unsolvable problem, but it does require some care.

And, all that said, this is the figure I wanted their "Salina" assassin figure to be. Will probably try to snag one of these.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:42
My friends call me Ray

The clothing material looks a bit bulky. Also the body is a bit stiff with the posing. Maybe this has a potential to be enhanced. Need to see the real product to make final decision. If I buy I will for sure replace the body. What is the point of having a seamless body if the body is to be covered up in full?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:51
The Plastic Castaway

I think the clothing looks good, but not digging the sculpt. Not sure why they went with a large bust body for the figure. I think the smaller bust would have been more accurate.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:53
OSW Member

I will definitely be pre-ordering this....do the head sculpt look like Kate Beckinsale....no...but I can see some likeness there. I think the outfit rocks. If the figure ranges from 120-140 I am in...lets look at it like this if you buy the outfit..boots...coat and all the accessories that go with just the outfit alone you are going to pay 70 dollars or more (more than likely more some one will want fourteen or more for the jacket alone)...weapons on the average goes about six dollars to eight dollars a piece....the boots are going to range from 20-30....you get a seamless body (that everyone sells around forty dollars with no hands, feet, or head) that so many of you love (someone can buy mines when I get it) that you would do better just buying the whole set and sell off or trade what you don't want.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:46
Kit-Bash Krazy!

Mmmmm looks good, for those wanted to know a price, BBICN website shows 720 yuan (CNY) which is around $114 (USD). Not a bad price really.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:48
Action Figure Fanatic

This is easily Phicen's best effort yet. That said, I will wait for Figure Fun's release as I'm not sure how well this set will pose with both the stiffer ratcheting system of the body and the skin-tight clothing. The ability to hold poses aside, in my experience, the range of motion has never been great with these seamless bodies, and slapping a tight outfit over it just seems like it will make it worse.

Also, while I personally like the Phicen head, the Figure Fun release has a better likeness and detail from Iminime.
Old 04-12-2012, 13:50

I am glad that we have a lot of great feedback on this effort...I tried to push it as far as I could with phicen in order to get what you see at the final product.
This has gone thru some changes since I first worked with them on it. Originally there was only going to be a plain trench coat and the design was much different as well. You can't have a selene without her trench coat done in an accurate representation. If you are going to do it...do as much as you can.

VOILLA'

I understand everyone's feelings about the headsculpt to the body questions and to be honest, I will probably swap out the head with my own when I get one and use my own denny kim head I have.

PRICING: about 114-115 ASIAN market(plus shipping)..YES INDEED and a great price point for everything you get.
Here in the USA market you will expect to see prices range from 125-140 depending on where you find her. I will be on the lower end at my own preorder window...

FRIDAY THE 13th.....is my preorder opening date.

BODY CHOICE: Yes..I would have liked it maybe on a small bust body but by far, PHICEN enjoys their larger bust version the best and that is why they chose her. The corset has grommet/eyelets in the back with laceing so if you wanted to put it on another body...the fit should be no problem.

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to let me know and I am sure I can answer them.

SMCG
www.smcgcustoms
Old 04-12-2012, 14:10
OSW Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlordmacgyver View Post
I am glad that we have a lot of great feedback on this effort...I tried to push it as far as I could with phicen in order to get what you see at the final product.
This has gone thru some changes since I first worked with them on it. Originally there was only going to be a plain trench coat and the design was much different as well. You can't have a selene without her trench coat done in an accurate representation. If you are going to do it...do as much as you can.

VOILLA'

I understand everyone's feelings about the headsculpt to the body questions and to be honest, I will probably swap out the head with my own when I get one and use my own denny kim head I have.

PRICING: about 114-115 ASIAN market(plus shipping)..YES INDEED and a great price point for everything you get.
Here in the USA market you will expect to see prices range from 125-140 depending on where you find her. I will be on the lower end at my own preorder window...

FRIDAY THE 13th.....is my preorder opening date.

BODY CHOICE: Yes..I would have liked it maybe on a small bust body but by far, PHICEN enjoys their larger bust version the best and that is why they chose her. The corset has grommet/eyelets in the back with laceing so if you wanted to put it on another body...the fit should be no problem.

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to let me know and I am sure I can answer them.

SMCG
www.smcgcustoms

when is this expected in? trying to see if I have enough time to get up some cash....
Old 04-12-2012, 14:23
1:6 film/scifi/historical

Gorgeous!
Old 04-12-2012, 14:55
Action Figure Fanatic

BTW, I do want to compliment SLM/Chad on his work on the outfit. It's really nice and that alone would make me consider getting this. I am still in "pending" mode about whether to preorder or not though.
Old 04-12-2012, 17:08
OSW Member

Any concerns about staining? Since some of us here would probably swap bodies..what is the likelihood of getting a stained seamless body after removing the clothing? Neat parts tho ! Love the trench coat !
Old 04-12-2012, 17:09

Thanks everyone...
Right now, she is slated to be in stock in June here in the USA. I have a date of shipping to me on or about May 30th.

Preorder ends May 10th worldwide but I will be closing mine on May 6th to complete my preorder and get it in early.

A lot of great points and thanks for all of the feedback on her. ENJOY!!!

SMCG

www.smcgcustoms.com
Old 04-12-2012, 22:07
OSW Member

I know I'm going to really be in the minority here, but she needs SMALLER boobs.