One Sixth Warriors: Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion

Go Back   OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum > Main Discussion Forums > Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.

Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion. Collect, Kitbash, Customize. All Brands, All Eras, All Genres.
WWII, Modern, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, etc. Anything directly related to 1/6th scale action figure collecting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2012, 20:08
Per ardua ad astra

Question Best articulated female body?

So I am planning to bash a female figure but I am not really familiar with the female bodies that had popped up recently, in fact I don't even know the newer figures that have been or being released right now. My search pointed to Takara/Cy bodies, but I would like to know from you which bodies offer greater articulation, and where can one get them?

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-14-2012, 20:28
OSW Member

Re: Best articulated female body?

If you want to display her full clothed you could use one of the cheaper bodies. Best Way to find tem is ebay, just search for "Cy Girl body". I dont know if this is the best articulated for that price but I was alsways fine with this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-CG-CY-Gi...item27c453cf61. But wait what the other guys have to say maybe they can recommend you a better one. Are you making an "black widow"?
Old 03-14-2012, 20:33
Action Figure Fanatic

Yeah, the CG/Takara bodies are among the best articulated ones, IMO.

You can also try the Triad Alphas which were just recently released.
Old 03-14-2012, 20:39
OSW Member

how about volks neo eb figures?
Old 03-14-2012, 21:04
Plastic Yank

Location: Alberta, Canada, North American Continent, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy...

I think the ACE Aiko is a good candidate, but I never got one so I couldn't tell you for certain.
Old 03-14-2012, 21:13
Per ardua ad astra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
If you want to display her full clothed you could use one of the cheaper bodies. Best Way to find tem is ebay, just search for "Cy Girl body". I dont know if this is the best articulated for that price but I was alsways fine with this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-CG-CY-Gi...item27c453cf61. But wait what the other guys have to say maybe they can recommend you a better one. Are you making an "black widow"?
Shahidka? No comment.

@everyone
Btw, the bodies you mentioned, will they fit a Hot Toys hs?
Old 03-14-2012, 21:18
Action Figure Fanatic

I believe all require modifications.
Old 03-14-2012, 21:30
Procastinatus Excelentus

Newest Ht bodies lack elbow articulation, older ht bodies lack knee articulation, neither bend more than 90° in said joints, so caveat emptor and all that.

Ttl bodies are an ok alternative to cy, and come with an usable hs.

My 2 cents
Old 03-14-2012, 21:34
Per ardua ad astra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garaballo View Post
Newest Ht bodies lack elbow articulation, older ht bodies lack knee articulation, neither bend more than 90° in said joints, so caveat emptor and all that.

Ttl bodies are an ok alternative to cy, and come with an usable hs.

My 2 cents
Will TTL bodies accept a HT hs? I found a fitting hs for my planned bash, and it's HT.
Old 03-14-2012, 21:55
Whatever Works, Dude

This question crops up periodically, so you might want to hit up these two threads:

Need Help Finding the Right Female Body

Soldier Story Female Body Question

Of course, it also seems that I have a slightly different answer every time someone asks . My current answer is that the TTL, ZC World, Dollsfigure Cy-Clone, and Triad Alpha figures will be the easiest to find right now, but I still think nobody's beaten the Takara CG body just yet for its mix of articulation, joints that look good (especially the knee), and build quality and consistency. They never sold them loose, though, so you'll have to find one on eBay these days. Based on what I've heard, I may be changing my tune very quickly since the reviews of the latest Triad Alphas are universally good. I just ordered one so I can see for myself soon. I still dislike the knee joint design, but the articulation and solidity of the joints of even the first gen Alphas is rivaled only by the Takara bodies. Check out the pics in this thread elsewhere of an Alpha and a CG playing leapfrog.

After really putting one through its paces, I'm more impressed with the Phicen seamless bodies, but I can't recommend it if articulation is a priority. It's surprisingly flexible as long as your careful in posing it, but it's still the most limited of the female bodies on the market. Looks great in not much clothing, though.

All these base body parts are more or less interchangeable with each other, and none of them are interchangeable with the HT TrueType female either because of scale problems or incompatible parts. It can be done if you're good at mods (there's a few people who have put the HT ScarJo head on a Phicen body), but I've never tried myself.
Old 03-14-2012, 22:38
Procastinatus Excelentus

Quote:
Originally Posted by santopapa View Post
Will TTL bodies accept a HT hs? I found a fitting hs for my planned bash, and it's HT.
Not without mods, it's my understanding, as I've never tried.

But I do know the connectors are not alike, at all.
so either putty the head in place or run a pin between both, I won't risk damage with the later so I'd suggest the former.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:35
OSW Member

Tried them all and just judging by Articulation alone....sorry guys, but I am going to have to give it to Triad Alpha's (just my opinion). Some people say they fall apart too easy, but I have learned to correct that problem, so out of twenty seven Alpha's I only have one that gives me that problem. but the newer Alpha's don't seem to have that problem as much.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:57
OSW Admin staff

I am going to have to agree with Masamune with regards to the Triad Alpha body. I have a large female figure collection and the alpha is by far my favorite body right now. I like the knee design though..and the new ones so far have been excellent...

I think it is a really nice balance between looks and articulation...

http://www.triadtoys.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5651

" and just what would you do with a Brain, if you had one"? "Prince, harley....come on....Cooper you are such a goofball
2013 JP Hobbies Diorama Contest Winner
2013 OMSS Gold, Silver & Bronze Awards
2012 OMSS Gold & Silver Awards
2011 OMSS Bronze Award

Old 03-15-2012, 10:07
OSW Member

CG body from Takara is the best affordable body to get. But if you have plenty $ to burn, you may want to check this S.F.B.T out.....

http://m-field.b.la9.jp/sfbt.html

Old 03-15-2012, 10:29
OSW Member

the mechanics is awesome, but seeing her naked kinda gives me the creep.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:44
Best Pervert of All Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymanJohn View Post

Seriously, reminds me of a bad Bjork music video.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:56
OSW Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymanJohn View Post
Put this next to her to see if it helps cancel out some of the poor sensation

Old 03-15-2012, 12:03
Best Pervert of All Time!

Lol
Old 03-15-2012, 12:06
Plastic Alchemist

Works for me!

As to your original question, I've got to go with the Alpha as well. And yes: the HT headsculpt will not fit without modification. You might try loading up the socket in the headsculpt with silicone, place head on the neck, and let the silicone dry around the neck peg. Should hold it nicely, but give it PLENTY of drying time, or it'll be a mess....
Old 03-15-2012, 13:03
Per ardua ad astra

Aye. Thanks guys, can't find a Takara so I've opted for a Triad Alpha instead. Hope it gets here this Saturday.
Old 03-15-2012, 14:30
OSW Member

Quote:
Aye. Thanks guys, can't find a Takara so I've opted for a Triad Alpha instead. Hope it gets here this Saturday.
I don't think you will regret buying the Alpha, I guess I lied when I said I tried them all, I have never seen the figure someone posted that look like something out of I-Robot, judging from its look it might be the most articulated, but if you want a body with a good balance and the second best articulation I still say The Alpha whether you opt for Large Bust, medium or small is your best bet. I would like to know where to go look at one of those I-Robot looking chicks...looks interesting

I guess all I had to do was click on the link (duh...stupid me) I would love to get one of those to play around with.

Let us know how you feel about the Alpha.
Old 03-15-2012, 14:35
OSW Member

Quote:

The Alphas are great, so you wont go wrong there. I like that you can get the headless versions and they have different chest sizes available as well. I find the med or small
chest sizes are much more realistic then todays mondo chested female bodies.

My second choice is the standard HT female body. Which you have to get on ebay or other online vendors that part out figures.
Old 03-15-2012, 18:11
OSW Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKE-CON View Post
The Alphas are great, so you wont go wrong there. I like that you can get the headless versions and they have different chest sizes available as well. I find the med or small
chest sizes are much more realistic then todays mondo chested female bodies.

My second choice is the standard HT female body. Which you have to get on ebay or other online vendors that part out figures.
I guess I am a perv (lol) I like todays mondo chested female bodies...
Old 03-15-2012, 19:30
Credit Card Crazy

Thanks for this thread, I will be looking for a super articulated female body soon to. I plan to try to make a custom X-23 to stand or prowl next to Wolverine.

Want to try to get the famous Scarlet Johnson (mine) low pose from Iron Man 2.

Old 03-17-2012, 21:59
1:6 enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I think the ACE Aiko is a good candidate, but I never got one so I couldn't tell you for certain.
Aiko has some great qualities (slim, can cross legs, beautiful head sculpt) but I would not rank her TOOOO high.
Old 03-19-2012, 20:12
Per ardua ad astra

Quote:
Originally Posted by masamune View Post
I don't think you will regret buying the Alpha, I guess I lied when I said I tried them all, I have never seen the figure someone posted that look like something out of I-Robot, judging from its look it might be the most articulated, but if you want a body with a good balance and the second best articulation I still say The Alpha whether you opt for Large Bust, medium or small is your best bet. I would like to know where to go look at one of those I-Robot looking chicks...looks interesting

I guess all I had to do was click on the link (duh...stupid me) I would love to get one of those to play around with.

Let us know how you feel about the Alpha.
Got my Alpha today. The joints are tight and I like the fact that I can detach the limbs. I fell inlove on the spot! Haven't played with it that much tho, but maybe this weekend when I get home, to figure out a way how to fit a HT Sarah Connor head onto it.
Old 03-19-2012, 23:55
OSW Member

Quote:
Got my Alpha today. The joints are tight and I like the fact that I can detach the limbs. I fell inlove on the spot! Haven't played with it that much tho, but maybe this weekend when I get home, to figure out a way how to fit a HT Sarah Connor head onto it.
I put a Sara Connors on a Alpha and it looks great. Here's how I did it, put a dab of super glue on the tip of the head socket of the Alpha, press the head on as tight as you can so it will dry with a nice fit, the reason I say put a dab, that way you can get if off if say in the future you find a better body that you want to place it on. Once on mines have stayed, but I have taken a head sculpt off due to the fact I only put a dab of super glue on it to place it on another body.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:27
OSW Member

phantom11 recommended using silicone caulking for baths and stuff in the neckhole and letting it sit for awhile that way its never a permanent glue and the inside will be like rubber and squishy so you can pop the head on and off. several other customizers on the triad forum did the same thing. i just use hot glue on my black widow head on the triad alpha body and it works pretty good
Old 03-20-2012, 03:05
OSW Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by masamune View Post
I put a Sara Connors on a Alpha and it looks great. Here's how I did it, put a dab of super glue on the tip of the head socket of the Alpha, press the head on as tight as you can so it will dry with a nice fit, the reason I say put a dab, that way you can get if off if say in the future you find a better body that you want to place it on. Once on mines have stayed, but I have taken a head sculpt off due to the fact I only put a dab of super glue on it to place it on another body.
Hmm nice idea. Do the skintones match? I don't mind if its not exact as long as its close. Any pics?
Old 03-20-2012, 03:09
1:6 Junkie

Has anyone tried using Glue tacks for this non permanent sticking purposes? Or is it too hard to remove later on?