One Sixth Warriors: Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion

Go Back   OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum > Main Discussion Forums > Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.

Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion. Collect, Kitbash, Customize. All Brands, All Eras, All Genres.
WWII, Modern, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, etc. Anything directly related to 1/6th scale action figure collecting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2011, 21:15
Soldiering since Sep 1988

Phicen advice

I've been looking around at alot of the posts I've been missing during my time away from the site. I see this and that about the Phicen body. I'm a big fan of the Otaku body minus the fragile body. I'm looking at possibly getting one of the Phicen Bodys but wanted to ask some questions before I do. I've read reviews on the body and I've seen some good stuff folks have done with them. My questions are does anyone have any complaints about them. I read one of the complaints was the skin material of the earlier version were prone to lint build up. Are the HS interchangable and if so with what brand HS.

Not sure yet wether I want the Blond or Brunete. I'm assuming this is the one with the improved skin?
Phicen 1/6 Female Nude Large Breast Seamless Figure Body-Tan Skin Tone - KGHobby Toys and Models Store
Old 11-12-2011, 21:42
Action Figure Fanatic

Re: Phicen advice

Phicens are ok. The latest revisions, such as the one you linked to, have "tack-free" rubber which make them less prone to lint. The texture is smoother so that it's a bit easier to outfit them.

Like all seamless bodies right now, the articulation is limited compared to regular, plastic figures, and there is a tendency for the rubber to fold or bunch up un naturally around the joints, but you can still coax interesting, realistic poses with some patience. The joints are of the "ratcheting" type, where each degree of movement snaps into place.

If you do a simple search of the forum, you'll find multiple reviews and impressions.
Old 11-12-2011, 22:31
OSW Member

It's important to get a clear visual of what's going on inside the rubber. When you know where the joints are, and you know that you need to hold each side of the joint before you adjust it, you'll be fine. If you just grab a wrist and try to bend an elbow, or grab a foot and try to bend a knee, the joint will break.
Old 11-13-2011, 00:40
Guardian of Hades

The Phicen bodies are good for figures that show a lot of flesh if you don't like visible joints.
(I have both the tan body and pale body Phicens.)
They also because of the rubber material, have a lustre more like real skin than the normal shiny plastic finish that other bodies have.

However, be aware that the BRUNETTE Phicen body is very, very pale skinned.
Their Blonde 'Scarlett' is better choice if you intend HS swapping because its colour matches up better with more headsculpts.

The skin bunching at the joints I can live with but the real question I'm still asking myself is how will their 'rubber skin' hold up over time?
(Please dont split open.)
Old 11-13-2011, 05:22

Does anyone know if the Phicen Body will accomidate a Triad HS? It would be nice to see a skinless version of the phicen to satisfy the Mechanic in me. Sometimes I just like to see the inside of something to see "how it works". Gunm it was my "simple search" that lead me to these questions. I stated I seen the work that people have done with them. I wanted to know issues they personally had with this figure. Now I just need to make up my mind on which one I want.

Last edited by Drill SGT Navarro; 11-13-2011 at 05:38.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:39
OSW Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drill SGT Navarro View Post
Does anyone know if the Phicen Body will accomidate a Triad HS?
Yes. I've tried both the Lola head and the brunette head which resembles Devon Aoki on a phicen body. The Lola head looks a tad big on a phicen body while the Devon Aoki head is well proportioned with the body.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:21

Thanks boombay, This is the Triad HS I'm looking to get a body for. I wonder if this one will work

Cerberus, I guess this the brunette you're referring to
1/6 Scale Large Breast Seamless Body - Pale - Phicen 1/6 Scale Figures 1/6 Scale Bodies

I may be looking at getting "Laura"
http://www.phicen.com/upfiles/201103/19/all_201.jpg

I'm not too Keen on the HS for "AMY".
Old 11-13-2011, 06:43
OSW Member

Quote:
I've been looking around at alot of the posts I've been missing during my time away from the site. I see this and that about the Phicen body. I'm a big fan of the Otaku body minus the fragile body. I'm looking at possibly getting one of the Phicen Bodys but wanted to ask some questions before I do. I've read reviews on the body and I've seen some good stuff folks have done with them. My questions are does anyone have any complaints about them. I read one of the complaints was the skin material of the earlier version were prone to lint build up. Are the HS interchangable and if so with what brand HS.

Not sure yet wether I want the Blond or Brunete. I'm assuming this is the one with the improved skin?
Phicen 1/6 Female Nude Large Breast Seamless Figure Body-Tan Skin Tone - KGHobby Toys and Models Store
Glad you asked......

I purchased the seamless small breasted body about a few weeks ago to go with the "Sculpt 1" by the customizer jenny & team. First time I've ever bashed a female (not literally). I read the directions for proper bending of the joints because once you feel how delicate she is, you know you MUST take care of how you manipulate the arms & legs.

Well, I broke the left arm after trying to pose it! It really didn't take much effort to do so. I Just spent $60 and a cold sweat broke over my brow. So I took a deep breath and came up with a plan. I took the X-acto knife and made a small incision near the damage joint. It didn't break at the joint, but slightly above it. I took some BSI INSTA-CURE Super Thin glue and tried to mend it to no avail.

I figured I'll be covering it with a shirt so it wouldn't be that bad. Lastly I tried the right arm fully knowing that I didn't want to make the same mistake twice. I tried to move it and "snap!"

At this point i'm not sure what to do. Most likely spend another $60. I have read other complaints about the same issue. Their website gives an exhaustive step-by-step tutorial.

Word of caution, BE CAREFUL AND READ THE DIRECTIONS.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:50
The Three In One!

Quote:

I noticed your link to KGHobby. I also purchased mine there. They sent me the seamless tan small breasted body with the wrong head. They sent it with the "Laura" head instead of the Brunette head. Be cautious with them. I know they are a few bucks cheaper, but the head switch was intentional.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:12

Thanks guys this is the feedback I was looking to get. I'm "that guy" that either pays too much, got the wrong version, or broke it because I missed something in the instructions. Ex: When I got my Otaku I took it out of the package...step one very simple...pose the dam thing. WRONG! Heat it up with a blowdryer first! WTF? SNAP! there goes the wrist! Since then pop goes the shoulder, pop goes the ankle. So is there any "special" prepping of this seemless that I need to know about? Or is it just "Fragile, handle with care". Jin Roh, You said you paid $60, I've seen the same figure go for $64,$49, and $36,lol.

Votum67, I'm digging that Laura HS but I hear ya.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:23
OSW Member

It is a nice sculpt......

Last edited by JIN-ROH; 11-13-2011 at 09:24. Reason: ()
Old 11-13-2011, 09:25
The Three In One!

Quote:
Thanks guys this is the feedback I was looking to get. I'm "that guy" that either pays too much, got the wrong version, or broke it because I missed something in the instructions. Ex: When I got my Otaku I took it out of the package...step one very simple...pose the dam thing. WRONG! Heat it up with a blowdryer first! WTF? SNAP! there goes the wrist! Since then pop goes the shoulder, pop goes the ankle. So is there any "special" prepping of this seemless that I need to know about? Or is it just "Fragile, handle with care". Jin Roh, You said you paid $60, I've seen the same figure go for $64,$49, and $36,lol.

Votum67, I'm digging that Laura HS but I hear ya.
I don't need it, so PM it you'd like it.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:36
OSW Member

I've had a Phicen holding a pose on my desktop for about 6 months. No problems with the rubber. When bending the arms for the first time, there's a divot on the wrists that aligns with the elbow joint. Look for the divot. Once bent, I'd avoid returning them to the fully extended position. I haven't found the joints to be fragile; rather, since you can't see them and they do "snap" into position, it's easy to accidentally snap them at the wrong angle. The knees are easier since the kneecaps are sculpted.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:39
OSW Admin staff

I have one of the 1st editions and yes you have to be very very very careful when posing...did I say you have to be careful...

I only have one, and will only have the one....if I were you I would skip the Phicen body (unless you absolutely have to have a skinless body that you pose once and never touch) and look for either the Triad Alpha body (version 2 soon to be released) or the tried and true Cy Girl/Takara 2.0 body. Just my 2cents...
2012 OMSS Gold & Silver Awards
2011 OMSS Bronze Award

Old 11-20-2011, 20:44

I found a cut-out for reference if anyone else was interested in. I guess it would help you with what to do and not do with this figure.

Old 11-20-2011, 21:43
Living the 1/6th dream

Quote:
I found a cut-out for reference if anyone else was interested in. I guess it would help you with what to do and not do with this figure.

That is such a great perspective of understanding the body mechanics of this figure. Thank you for the section cut away.

It also reminds me of a half human half robot type figure. I can easily see a female Terminator bash here.
Old 11-20-2011, 23:33
ever wearing flipflops

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelDesigner View Post

That is such a great perspective of understanding the body mechanics of this figure. Thank you for the section cut away.

It also reminds me of a half human half robot type figure. I can easily see a female Terminator bash here.
Ditto - great to see the internals - and as you said, would be a great base for a fem-bot of some stripe
Old 11-22-2011, 03:08
OSW Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelDesigner View Post

Yet another view to this very delicate figure (on my 2nd one)!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Phicen advice-b6a56578.jpg  
Old 11-22-2011, 08:21
OSW Member

CRAZY QUESTION:

Has anybody tried "weathering" the body in anyway? I'm thinking of kitbashing my own Lara Croft and I'd like to give her some of the dirty weathered look like she has in the new game. I'm wondering if I could do a light dullcoat on the body and add some dirt, sweat, blood here and there!
Old 11-22-2011, 08:39
OSW Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesaturn View Post
CRAZY QUESTION:

Has anybody tried "weathering" the body in anyway? I'm thinking of kitbashing my own Lara Croft and I'd like to give her some of the dirty weathered look like she has in the new game. I'm wondering if I could do a light dullcoat on the body and add some dirt, sweat, blood here and there!
Some have added shadows with pastel dust. Looks really good. I would guess a water base paint would most likely be ok. I wouldn't use anything that has chemicals in it though like a dullcoat. I could be wrong though so hopefully you get more feedback.

ETA Although the joints at the arm and shoulder are fragile and should be handled with care, once the body gets broken in a little bit(no pun intended) you can twist around pretty good and it seems pretty stable.
Old 11-22-2011, 14:56
OSW Member

Thanks for that advice, I may try and score a cheap broken one to practice on first!
Old 11-22-2011, 17:39

I have a cheap approach to this, I asked for one for Xmas if it's crap I spent nothing on it
Old 11-23-2011, 07:36
OSW Member

Quote:
I have a cheap approach to this, I asked for one for Xmas if it's crap I spent nothing on it
well done, sir!!

keep us posted.
Old 11-23-2011, 22:18
OSW Member

I really like the Phicen body- I have 2 of the original version and 2 of the latest version. I also own a few Otakus, versions 1.0 & 1.2. I have yet to break a Phicen, yet most of my Otakus have been repaired (I still like them, though). The Phicen, while not as tough as a conventional body, is much more forgiving than an Otaku. One of the things I like a lot about the Phicen, is a lot of parts from various manufacturers will work with it. Cy Girl, TTL, Dollsfigure, and Triad parts work with these bodies. The current versions come with nicely styled hands and feet. Most bootfeet will work with them as well.
Most people use them for posing in revealing clothing, but other types of clothes can be used as well. Tight fitting "pleather" is to be avoided, but clothes that open with velcro or snaps can work.
You can shop around for prices, but a good vendor who really supports the product is Sithlord Customs. To help you get started, he will bend the joints slightly before shipping so that you can see where the joints are and which direction they bend.
Old 11-26-2011, 21:15
OSW Member

which do most folks like better? the original large, newer large (less tacky skin, less defined abs), or the small breast? i was most interested in small breast but the skin wrinkling & bunching at the shoulder actually looks worse than the originals, in most pics i've seen. are the small breast bodies really worse at the skin wrinkling? thanks
Old 12-04-2011, 01:17
OSW Member

i just got my laura 2 from monkey depot and all seems intact and well...
the left arm rotater, above the elbow is a bit loose but other than that she's good.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:35
OSW Member

I have 2 of the large breast Phicens. So far, so good; no breakage and skin looks great. I recently received a small breast Phicen, and it arrived w/ a broken left elbow. From what I've read here, the small breast versions have very, very, very, very delicate elbows.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:58
1:6 Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by votum67 View Post
I noticed your link to KGHobby. I also purchased mine there. They sent me the seamless tan small breasted body with the wrong head. They sent it with the "Laura" head instead of the Brunette head. Be cautious with them. I know they are a few bucks cheaper, but the head switch was intentional.

hi votum67
Sorry for what has happened
all the second batch of small breast version come with Laura head,
we didn't switch it internationally. We have actually updated the photo our website. please kindly email us your problem
we are happy to resolve
Old 05-30-2012, 11:47
Brand 74

Has any one ever had a clothes stains like from a dark colored shirt or pants? I have a HT fig that did not agree with a black shirt I put on him. From the waist up he is all blackend from the dark shirt. So For the Phicen rubber skin, has anyone had bad luck with that? Also the feet,,, what other female figs can be used? I see Phicen only come with flat boot style feet. Would TTL high heel feet work? Or feet from a Triad female?
Old 05-30-2012, 11:56
Whatever Works, Dude

I did get some stains from a dress once, and applications of a zit cream didn't help. Oddly enough, it faded on its own after a few weeks, to the point where I can't see them any more. The latest Phicens come with instructions that say to only use water when cleaning. I've just been a. It more mindful of what I'm putting mine in, but then again the whole point of using one of these is that they aren't wearing much .

TTL, Takara, and ZC feet will fit just fine in a Phicen. The Triad Alpha feet will fit, but not terribly well IMO. The ankle cup on the Phicen gets in the way a bit. Just about any boot foot from any company will work as well.