One Sixth Warriors: Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion

Go Back   OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum > Main Discussion Forums > Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.

Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion. Collect, Kitbash, Customize. All Brands, All Eras, All Genres.
WWII, Modern, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, etc. Anything directly related to 1/6th scale action figure collecting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2011, 21:09
Revival Machine

First Special Service Force 1944

Hello all

I have not put up a bash in Forever, I have just not had a urge or desire, but recently after doing some research and study my creative synapsis's starting tingling while studying the Joint American and Canadian First Special Service Force that was specifically created and designed to handle the most deadliest missions in WWII, they were hand picked to become soldiers and chosen because of their diverse backgrounds in Hunting, Mountaineering, Lumber-jacking and the like. They were trained especially in hand to hand combat including karate, jujitsu, boxing, knife fighting etc.

Essentially they were the most covert and deadliest forces of WWII during that time. Their use in the european theater especially in italian mountains was crucial. So much more can be said about them and much can be found online. They were known among the German War Machine as the "Black Devils" for the fierce fighting skills and untamed combat nature, they could also use almost any weapon during the European Theater as they were trained in both allied and Axis weapons in the event they ran out of ammo. They also would collect and strip anything they found after combat or along the way and use it.

The bashes:

I decided to do a 4 man squad I have one more to add, nothing has been weathered on either of the figures, I just managed to start piecing together what i just bought.

I plan on changing stuff out as I go along as far as web gear or harness's and getting better boots etc. When I get everything all together I will start dry brushing and weathering their clothes later.

So please enjoy these photos that I have so far.

P.S. please forgive the back drop of my kitchen my wife in red was making fun of me and my dolls : )

Old 06-26-2011, 21:13
Revival Machine

Re: First Special Service Force 1944

These were the Seals of WWII They were guys that no one screwed with and they had one heck of a reputation amongst the allied forces of getting the impossible done. Out of the 1800 men that stormed the first mountain in Italy only 400 returned to their respective units in Naples.
Old 06-26-2011, 21:13
OSW Admin staff

Nice group of guys you got there, I always like DML "Pete" and what came with that set...nice touch using the SS Marine there...

" and just what would you do with a Brain, if you had one"? "Prince, harley....come on....Cooper you are such a goofball
2013 JP Hobbies Diorama Contest Winner
2013 OMSS Gold, Silver & Bronze Awards
2012 OMSS Gold & Silver Awards
2011 OMSS Bronze Award

Old 06-26-2011, 21:16
Revival Machine

thanks Crusader, I am not done and I am absolutely intrigued with the history behind these guys. I know we had rangers and frog men etc. ad the brits had the SAS, but was like surely we had something special among our service men of that time. So i looked into what dragon had and thought this would be intresting. : )
Old 06-26-2011, 21:38
Kasparov's apprentice

Clever choice of gear you've done there. It is a very original, fresh and different ( at last )"US SOF" bash. Congrats!!!!
Old 06-26-2011, 22:51
Revival Machine

Thanks I wanted to do a group bash, the V42 was a classic knife used as well, I hope to have it finished in a couple of months.
Old 06-26-2011, 22:55
ever wearing flipflops

Dang, these turned out really good my friend
Old 06-26-2011, 23:09
OSW Member

They look great, and they were indeed one of only a handful of "elite" Allied WWII soldiers. I would say the Jedburghs and S.A.S. received the most training in general, but the 1st FSSF were definitely up there with the elite of the elite, the best young men and officers the Allied nations had. The 1st FSSF, S.A.S., Jeds, Rangers, Commando Units, LRDG, Special Interogation Section, etc. were the pioneers of modern "unconventional warfare. Your figures all look EXCELLENT, I love them all. I have been VERY slowly gathering bits to do a 1st FSSF, and a Jed figure.
Old 06-26-2011, 23:24
Revival Machine

Thanks mike and thanks Mac, it has been been my honor to do these and I am not even finished
Old 06-26-2011, 23:39
Who loves ya baby!

great!!