One Sixth Warriors: Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion

Go Back   OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum > Main Discussion Forums > Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.

Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion. Collect, Kitbash, Customize. All Brands, All Eras, All Genres.
WWII, Modern, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, etc. Anything directly related to 1/6th scale action figure collecting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2011, 07:11
Freedom for ALL 12ers

Dissappointed with Phicen femaie body

I was hoping for a very articulate seamless body. What I paid $66 for was a very limited blow up doll. The legs bend but posing this doll is pretty near impossible. The legs don't close so she stands like a blow up doll, Her arms don't lay beside her either and the left are came broken at the elbow. The skintone was good but there is a rubbery smell to the doll. The face is osaku quality.

If you are looking for a posable seamless body, pass this one by.

PICS 062311--0001 by madeboxer, on Flickr
PICS 062311--0002 by madeboxer, on Flickr

PICS 062311--0005 by madeboxer, on Flickr

PICS 062311--0006 by madeboxer, on Flickr
Old 06-23-2011, 08:00
OSW Member

Re: Dissappointed with Phicen femaie body

Nothing beats broken, if it's gg to break up i have to think twice about getting one.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:02
OSW Member

Sorry, I'm going to have to disagree, at least about the body. For pure aesthetics, there's not a body out there that matches it. People can say Hot Toys or Triad all they want, but when you bend an arm or leg and all you can see is a hinge at the joint, it is very unattractive. I've posed mine quite a bit and the realistic look you can get from it cannot, as of yet be beat. And I'm sorry, but if you're going to have a body made of rubber there's a good chance it's going to smell like rubber.. These bodies are meant to be posed. You can't just have it standing there in a straight pose because in that instance you are right, it just looks like a blow up doll. That's ok though. There are a lot of collecters who will agree with you.

ETA My appologies though as I didn't read that the arm came broken. That was a big design flaw in them. Hope somehow you can get that made right.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:25
Freedom for ALL 12ers

I have attempted to pose this doll and only good articulation is in her legs. However, she sits wide legged and her arms just don't want to cooperate. the broken arm is the only one bends (with my help. She still appears to be very limited in posing, I do a lot of posing my 12ers so I am always looking first at how articulate they are. Granted the body looks real and quite nice but there has to be a far better seamless body out there. I hope Hot Stuff does much better than this. WAY too much money to get a blow up doll standing stague.

NEW DOLL 014 by madeboxer, on Flickr

NEW DOLL 013 by madeboxer, on Flickr
arm appears to be broken

NEW DOLL 004 by madeboxer, on Flickr
Old 06-23-2011, 08:27
Say what?

I agree you should be pissed about the broken arm. Who wants to open a brand new "anything" and find it broken? That blows...

On the other hand, I've seen this figure "in the flesh" and, to be quite honest, I found it to be pretty poser friendly. Certainly, there are limitations, but all figures have 'em...just in different places.

As for the smell, well, I don't pay much attention to that. But, if it offends you, hit her hair with an atomizer of Chanel #5 - not too much though. (I know why that stuff costs $100 for a quarter ounce.) The fragrance will be with it forever.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:47
OSW Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MAD DEBOXER View Post
I have attempted to pose this doll and only good articulation is in her legs. However, she sits wide legged and her arms just don't want to cooperate. the broken arm is the only one bends (with my help. She still appears to be very limited in posing, I do a lot of posing my 12ers so I am always looking first at how articulate they are. Granted the body looks real and quite nice but there has to be a far better seamless body out there. I hope Hot Stuff does much better than this. WAY too much money to get a blow up doll standing stague.

NEW DOLL 014 by madeboxer, on Flickr

NEW DOLL 013 by madeboxer, on Flickr
arm appears to be broken

NEW DOLL 004 by madeboxer, on Flickr
Sorry I can't see any of your pics at work. Try to talk to the dealer about the broken arm and see if something can be worked out. As far as the other arm not bending the joint is probably rotated the wrong way. Search past post on this body. One of them will tell you how to tell if the arm is rotated correct.

I did a review of my own months ago and in it said about how unnerving it was to move the joints. Some are extremely stiff and do need to wear in. Mine also had ugly gouges where the injection ports looked like they were ripped out. This has supposedly been fixed. There is a review of the Hot Stuff figure in the mature section. Looks to me like less articulation with some bad mold lines around hands and feet for almost twice the money.

I'm not a shill for Phicen or anything but will be preordering the new body that is coming out.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:49
OSW Member

Broken straight out of the box ,I would return it.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:02
Action Figure Fanatic

If you bought from smgcustoms (chad) you need to contact him right away. The one I received had poor casting on the arms and the metal skeleton underneath ripped through the "skin". He was able to replace that at no charge beyond the shipping cost to send the old body back (the replacement was sent at no postage charge).

You will need to take a clearer picture of how the arm is broken--I can't really tell from the ones above.

All rubber bodies do not pose to the degree of articulated ones. That is the nature of the technology right now. You cannot expect to get the same range of motion at this time.

However, if you want an aesthetically pleasing base female figure without exposed joints, rubber bodies are your best bet, and Phicens, for better or worse, are the best ones right now.

To minimize the "doll" look, I suggest using a better quality head. The phicen "free" head is not bad, but it's still quite Barbie-ish to me.

I haven't had a chance to take pictures of the complete range of poses possible, but check out a few of Richard the Bloody's pics from MWD forum:

Old 06-23-2011, 11:11
OSW Member

thanks for the warning buddy i was close to buy one of these at actionfiguren-shop.com

if they have still this quality prob i prever to get myself a mp7 and a thumber-granatelancher^^
Old 06-23-2011, 11:14
It's Alive, It's Aliiiive

OUCH,, sorry about the broken arm you have.. i have a TB league body and i'm scared to pose it what i want. i tried to bend the legs and seems a white line is appearing by the inner thigh. anyway. i'm still happy by the normal posing of her- see "my asian beauty" in mature category, rubber bodies are good for highlights, shadings and add-ons for realistic effects. It's Alive, It's Aliiiiiive. thank you Dens

Last edited by Dr. Denkenstein; 06-29-2011 at 19:59.
Old 06-23-2011, 14:48
OSW Member

Why not just have a rubber body like that have its interior be some sort of resilient wire instead, leaving it up to the user to bend them at the right place instead of mechanisms that are bound to break?
Old 06-23-2011, 14:51
OSW Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmond View Post
Why not just have a rubber body like that have its interior be some sort of resilient wire instead, leaving it up to the user to bend them at the right place instead of mechanisms that are bound to break?
Because the wire will break if you keep bending it also. Could also see some unnatural looking limbs after awhile.
Old 06-23-2011, 14:58
OSW Member

But the current "models" break anyway...
Old 06-23-2011, 15:20
Action Figure Fanatic

The metal skeleton is sturdier and allows for more natural-looking posture and display than wire which is flimsy and does not look realistic when covered in the rubber substance--consider the American animated character "Gumby" or perhaps Wallace and Grommit. Human beings have skeletons, not bendy wires.
Old 06-23-2011, 15:22
OSW Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmond View Post
But the current "models" break anyway...
I got one of the first ones which I promptly broke the forearm. After getting it replaced and knowing which way the joints move I had no more problems. The newer ones are supposed to have a better plastic. If you bend any plastic joint the wrong way it's going to break. Guess we will have to see.
Old 06-23-2011, 15:47
L.I. Sixth Scale Club

I got the Phicen small breast figure too. I read the instuctions on the back. At first she seemed really stiff. But I broke in slowly. She seems to move better. But I'm still real careful when poseing her. Over all I'm real happy with the figure. So are my Joe's
Old 06-23-2011, 17:29
I'm BACK!!

Hmm,

Some very odd wrinkles in the hip to thigh department, not quite what I was expecting. It appears as though any pose beyond standing may look a little odd. The joints need to flow a little better from what I've seen on this page.

The jury is very much still out as to whether I'll get one of these....

CHEERS!
Old 06-23-2011, 17:32
Action Figure Fanatic

it's the softer tack-free material of the rubber combined with the slimmer mold.
Old 06-29-2011, 18:52
OSW Member

I've got a couple of questions if you guys don't mind...

1) Can the figure make a split or spread her legs apart at all?

2) Are there any pics of the naked inner skeleton?

Thanks

Paul F.
Old 06-29-2011, 23:55
OSW Member

Man, am I the only one that noticed the "big bulge" when the dolls are sitting.. uh... gives new meaning to play value.
Old 06-30-2011, 00:14
Figure Dissector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynwants View Post
I've got a couple of questions if you guys don't mind...

1) Can the figure make a split or spread her legs apart at all?

2) Are there any pics of the naked inner skeleton?

Thanks

Paul F.
1) Doing this is possible on all phicen/tbleague figs.

2) on the old body... elbow joint are still plastic
Old 06-30-2011, 12:45
OSW Member

Thanks BeastX that is exactly what I needed to see!!!

PDF
Old 07-01-2011, 01:19
OSW Member

Why don't they just go all out and make the skeleton out of metal,maybe lighweight aluminum?
Old 07-01-2011, 01:39
1:6 Junkie

Anybody see these seamless female bodies from Hot Stuf? What do you guys think of them? I think they look pretty cool, especially the fact that you can bend the fingers individually.
Old 07-02-2011, 16:06
1:6 Mechanic

Just like to say thanks to the Mad Deboxer and all the other posters on this thread. I will never ever look at pre-release or manufacturers pictures of a figure in the same way again. I am so glad I was able to wait and see what these figures really look like.

The two things that really put me off, are the rather poor HS and the fact that the ankles and wrists are still jointed. Whenever I have put any figures together and dressed them these are the most noticeable joints. I know that the manufacturers are trying to make hands and feet/boots compatible with what is already available, but I think it would be better if they used the seamless technology and put any dismantling joints elsewhere. Just my opinion I know, but I wont be buying one until they get a lot better than this, and the seamlessness would actually improve the look of my bashes.