One Sixth Warriors: Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion

Go Back   OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum > Main Discussion Forums > Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.

Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion. Collect, Kitbash, Customize. All Brands, All Eras, All Genres.
WWII, Modern, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, etc. Anything directly related to 1/6th scale action figure collecting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2010, 09:46
OSW Member

C'mon Daniel- John McClane Die Hard 1 WIP(pics of right arm added 01/08/10)

Just kidding, Daniel. I know good things come to those who wait. It's just that I am getting parts together and am getting excited. Before we get to the pics, I just want to say that a) I know the tattoo isn'tmovie accurate but it is as close as I could come googling skull in a tophat tattoos. Most of them were facing the wrong way or coloured, etc. As it was, I had to Paint out a cigarette holder and smoke. And b) it's a little bigger than the movie tattoo. Call it artistic license but I thought it turned out pretty well and scaled down well so I left it larger than it is in the movie version. I also always thought it was a little small and lame in the movie so I exaggerated it a bit. My stupid HP printer won't take decal paper (no matter what setting I chose I get a paper error) so I had to have a friend print them up so I printed up extra in case I messedup a couple getting it on. And what do you know I got the first one perfect. So I have 15 of them left over. I am trying to figure out how I want to distribute them to anyone interested. You can PM if you want and we'll figure something out. Also I do realize that it is a tad shiny. I have dull-coted it a few times but after I get the head and paint it to match the body I intend to do some weathering so a little dirt and blood will take the sheen off.

I am also looking into making a decal for the scorecard on his right arm. If I can't find a good pic to copy I may whip something up in Paint. Stay tuned.

Last edited by thainer; 08-01-2010 at 11:11.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:34
Always Smilin'

Re: C'mon Daniel- John McClane Die Hard 1 WIP

The tattoo came out great! Can't wait to see it when you get the hs.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:36
OSW Member

Cool!
Old 07-30-2010, 15:15
OSW Member

Wich body you use it?
Old 07-30-2010, 15:18
Humvee Fanatic

I like the tatoo
Old 07-30-2010, 15:49
OSW Member

Thanks, guys. It's a HT Comedian body. Great body. Looks awesome in person but it cost me almost $100 US. Ouch. But B W is one of my favourite actors and the first D H is one of my favourite movies so when I saw Daniel's hS I wanted to do the best figure I could and that meant using the Comedian body. Oh well, he is off to a good start so if everything stays on track I will have a museum quality John McClane figure when I am done.
Old 07-31-2010, 20:27
Sculptor Figure Artist

that's gonna look great!
Old 08-03-2010, 08:48
OSW Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thainer View Post
Thanks, guys. It's a HT Comedian body. Great body. Looks awesome in person but it cost me almost $100 US. Ouch. But B W is one of my favourite actors and the first D H is one of my favourite movies so when I saw Daniel's hS I wanted to do the best figure I could and that meant using the Comedian body. Oh well, he is off to a good start so if everything stays on track I will have a museum quality John McClane figure when I am done.
Yes, youīre right!

For me, Bruce Willis is the best actor EVER, and Die Hard is one of the best movies off all times.

I have my DH1 figure mounted in a regular Hot Toys muscular body, but i want to changed for a more "accurate" body.

I was thinking to use the Wolverine Hot Toys body, what do you think?

(Specially considering that, with all the clothes on, the Wolverine really donīt need the muscular body...)
Old 08-03-2010, 09:09
OSW Member

Re: C'mon Daniel- John McClane Die Hard 1 WIP(pics of right arm added 01/08/10)

I think the Wolverine body will work just fine for McClane. Exactly if you have a Wolverine and he is wearing the whole outfit you could just put the head on a true type and use the body for a John McClane figure. I am not 100% sure but I think the Wolverine and Comedian bodies are the same but the Wolverine body has painted on body hair (please correct me if I am wrong.) Please PM me if you decide to do one and I can hook you up with the decals.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:38
OSW Member

Yes, i definetly will go for the Wolverine body for my John McClane! In fact, is just bought it, will receive next week...

And i will make exactly what you said, will put the Wolverine head on a Truetype body, display him with all the clothes and use the body in the McClane figure.

Also, when Danielīs head get available, iīll change the head too.

Can you help me with the tatoo decals???

Best regards!!!
Old 08-03-2010, 16:23
OSW Member

Which Brand Are Hands & Feet ?
Old 08-03-2010, 17:23
OSW Member

The feet are Soldier Story (I am not sure which figure) and the hands are part of the hand set that Store-Rooms sells. I had another pair of feet that Iwas going to have to paint and then along comes this Soldier Story figure I bought on eBay with feet that had a better sculpt and were the right colour so on they went. I bought the hands off eBay, too, separately but I know they are part of this set:

1/6 Plain Hands Set for action figure: Store-Rooms.com
They, too, are a perfect colour for the Comedian body.
I had another set so I checked the colour before I ordered the second set.
Old 08-09-2010, 14:46
OSW Member

thanks for answer
Old 08-28-2011, 02:39
OSW Member

Great John McClane figure man awesome work