One Sixth Warriors: Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion

Go Back   OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum > Main Discussion Forums > Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.

Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion. Collect, Kitbash, Customize. All Brands, All Eras, All Genres.
WWII, Modern, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, etc. Anything directly related to 1/6th scale action figure collecting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2005, 16:06
OSW Member

M1942 Jump suit with trouser

i checked Toysoldierbrigade and War-toys, they both have none. Any other sites that sells M1942 jump suit with trouser?
Thanks guys
Old 01-12-2005, 16:09
Space Shuttle Door Gunner

Depends on which ones you want. bbi? DML? (Don't get me started on DML jump suits. I have something against that particular item by them, =P) Occasionally, War-Toys has some, but they go quickly. Monkey Depot will have them for short periods of time as well.

Old 01-12-2005, 16:29
OSW Member

well, which one has the best quality....the one im using right now is bbi and its falling apart...i guess i "weathered" it a bit too much
Old 01-12-2005, 16:37

I think the newer bbi limited edition ones ("D-Day: The Way We Were Figures"- the somewhat lackluster overpriced tie-ins with the much better books) were the best overall in terms of quality, stitch accuracy, material, etc. They had a few problems, like the large collars and large zipper. The color has been debated as well. These ones are hard to find and expensive, seeing as they came with $100-dollar figures, but they are much better than the bbi Bud Norris one or a DML offering.

The newer DML ones have a nice material and cut, but they have inaccurate pockets, leg ties (well, if they came with 82nd figures, the ties would be okay), and zipper lengths. They are also missing the jacket seam under the belt. The reinforcements on the Dan Summers uniform is akin to a cheap import reproduction made for reenactors, and the stitching is the wrong color. The unreinforced James Gordon one is plagued by the fact that it actually has leg ties, but aside from the errors already mentioned, it's okay.

Old 01-12-2005, 16:40
Inspector 12

The best M1942 jump trousers out there are probably from the BBI 60th Anniversary D-Day Limited Editions... i.e. Forrest Guth, Bob Piper, Ben Vandervoort, etc... translation: very expensive if you can find them. I think I paid about 20 bucks for my Guth version.

CC does have a bit of a hard line when it comes to DML's jump suit stuff... I think he called it 1/6th re-enactor quality or something like that...
Old 01-12-2005, 16:42

I just did right up there! =P

I am working on acquiring the necessary skill to fix most of the problems though, so someday, I won't just be a bag of hot air. Of course, I'm probably just saying that because I have too many DML ones.

Old 01-12-2005, 16:43
OSW Member

ok...wow thats alot of choices... yea its true that D-Day TWWWF are pretty rare, and i have alot of gears and such, all i need is a set of M1942 Jump suit and trouser, I thought Dan Summers wears M1943 Field Jacket...ahh i dunno.. so which one would u get? I haver never heard of James Gordon, is it any good?
Old 01-12-2005, 16:52

I would pick the rare bbi ones, if you can find them. Besides the snap heads liking to fall off, there's little to fault them for.

Dan Summers (he has a reinforced M1942 jumpsuit) would be my next choice, if I didn't want to do any work. The James Gordon (SOLDAT 002) suits are very hard to find now, and they're unreinforced. They're the best of the DML jump suits, because without reinforcements, they had less to botch. I wouldn't use it for D-Day unless my figure was one of guys without a reinforced jump suit.

There are also some other even older choices for jump suits, but they all suck compared to what you can get now.

Old 01-12-2005, 16:54
OSW Member

man why can they just get it right on those M1942 jump suits, how did u get Forest Guth for only 20 bucks, man arent you lucky... i ll see if i can find one also. Right now my paratrooper has no pants.... and hes still wearing all the gears..haha
Old 01-12-2005, 16:58

I didn't get Forest Guth for $20. I got him for $120. Where'd you see that?

His suits were $20 at Monkey Depot, but I didn't buy any. I'm determined to make these DML work for me, as I like the color better, even though most people are khaki fiends. They're nice and silky too. (Hahaha... I kill myself)

About your pantless paratrooper... maybe the poor guy's drying his uniform after a water landing? I also have some less appropriate ideas for your figure... BWAHAHAHA

Old 01-12-2005, 17:03
OSW Member

oh i was talking about JTFazz, he said he got the Guth version for only 20 bucks... and my paratrooper aint drying his pants....its got holes and i didnt want to make him wear pants with big holes in it, theres one right next to the crotch area..
oh i didnt find Guth's uniform at Monkey Depot...i guess im too late..Darn it
Old 01-12-2005, 17:13

I see them right now:

Guth: (pockets match the mannequin in the book, not the photos of him)
http://www.monkeydepot.com/Templates...ubFolderId=137

Regular: (101st-style OD#3 "khaki" leg ties
http://www.monkeydepot.com/Templates...ubFolderId=137

Old 01-12-2005, 17:16
OSW Member

wow u got it! they both seemed to look the same to me
Awsome, how come i didnt see it...
Old 01-12-2005, 17:18
OSW Member

great, now u got me in a great confusion, which one should i get, they both looks great.
Old 01-12-2005, 17:18
OSW Member

A fix?

Well, if you're daring, give this a try.

In "Point of No Return" (I think!), there are some color pictures of US Airborne Pathfinders. One, or maybe more, are wearing wool trousers with their M42 jackets.
Old 01-12-2005, 17:24

Complete sets of "ODs", the wool service shirt and pants, were worn under jump suits (M42) and combat suits (M43) as per regulation. In David Kenyon Webster's Parachute Infantry, he recounts discarding the ODs after getting wet.

Also, Forest Guth was photographed wearing a unreinforced jump jacket and OD trousers, but that was stateside.

Old 01-12-2005, 17:29
OSW Member

i didnt know they wear ODs inside their Jacket and throusers...i ve always wondered if they jumped in normandy with only one pair of pants... and i tried to make my figure wear two pants, but its hard to get the second pants on, it always get caught or tangles with the first pants i ve already put on. Pain in the arse
Old 01-12-2005, 17:31
OSW Member

oh i just ordered the regular 101st uniform as it look a bit more realistic, and its leg pockets are better looking than the Guth one
Old 01-12-2005, 17:32

I'm pretty sure the ODs were for parade use, so that the higher-ups could have their troops looking nice and professional for victory parades and the like. I believe Donald Burgett wrote about an order to wear ODs before jumping into Holland.

Old 01-12-2005, 17:41
OSW Member

i think they wear ODs during tranings also, or when they gather for a inspection, they would also wear ODs. But personally i think the combat trousers look way much cooler than ODs.
Old 01-12-2005, 17:44
OSW Member

oh and heres a pic of my paratrooper's old M1942 Jump jacket with the trousers
Attached Thumbnails
M1942 Jump suit with trouser-101-yes.jpg  
Old 01-12-2005, 17:44
OSW Member

back shot
Attached Thumbnails
M1942 Jump suit with trouser-101.jpg  
Old 01-12-2005, 17:52

Nice figure. I remember seeing it posted before.

I know what you mean about the old Norris jump suit falling apart. I weathered mine too much as well. When it first came out, there was no touching it in terms of quality, but now it's kinda crappy as well. It runs really small, as evidenced here on a bbi PB:

You can't see it in this old picture, but the trousers are too short. I used duct tape and rubber bands to keep the trousers bloused into the boots. The uniform is still a very nice piece to have, but it is probably cut for 1/6 figures of skinny, crazy five-foot-three schoolgirls.

"Oh yeah! It fits great!"

Old 01-12-2005, 19:09
OSW Member

nice pics, is that you in the second pic? yea my Norris's trousers are short also, it frustrates me all the time. thats one of reasons i need to get a new set of uniform. If that's u in the second pic, ur cute.
Old 01-12-2005, 19:12

I'm a guy, and I can't post pictures of myself because I'm under 18 due to board rules. I wouldn't mind being that girl in the second picture. LOL

Old 01-12-2005, 19:18
OSW Member

oh im sorry...lol u got me there tho, Im just glad im not the only one with the Short Pants Norris aka SPN
Old 01-12-2005, 19:19
Inspector 12

Just to clarify, I meant Guth's loose M1942 uniform...
Old 01-12-2005, 19:51
shoestring

>>>and i tried to make my figure wear two pants, but its hard to >>>get the second pants on, it always get caught or tangles >>>with the first pants i ve already put on. Pain in the arse

To put two pair of pants on an action figure, [or shirts] first put one pair of pants on the other. Then put both pair on the figure together.
Old 01-12-2005, 21:55
Duty First

Quote:
I'm a guy, and I can't post pictures of myself because I'm under 18 due to board rules.
Haha! Man, I laughed out loud at that one...really...I don't know why...maybe because you can almost hear CC's indignation saying, "dude...I'm a GUY!"
Old 01-12-2005, 23:06
OSW Member

by the way, what materials u guys used for the helmet camo for the paratroopers...