One Sixth Warriors: Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion

Go Back   OSW: One Sixth Warrior Forum > Main Discussion Forums > Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.

Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion. Collect, Kitbash, Customize. All Brands, All Eras, All Genres.
WWII, Modern, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, etc. Anything directly related to 1/6th scale action figure collecting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2009, 14:33
Respect, Honour, Courage

French Foreign Legion help

Hi all

1) Anyone know where I can get FFL insignia? I can get the beret from banjoman, but need insignia for beret and shirts. Managed to get some bbi Bruno uniforms, body armour and FMAS' (would have been better for Leon Javert webbing but can't get that for love nor money!!) I do need the insignia though

2) Anyone know where I can find an FN Minimi? I know the M249 is the US version of the MG, but I'd prefer to find one of the Belgian FN ones if they exist in 1/6 form

Any help on the above would be most welcomed!

Roach
Old 12-27-2009, 15:02
Furious Genius

Re: French Foreign Legion help

Have you looked in the eBay shops listed to the left on this page? They sometimes have Javert parts loose including webbing. Also try Justice Fighters at http://www.justicefighters.com/servlet/StoreFront. They are down right now, server problems, but are a good place to find bbi parts. War-Toys at War-Toys, has the Bruno beret with FFL insignia and Toy Anxiety at Toy Anxiety - Blue Box, has Bruno's uniform patches.

As for your Minimi search see if this helps: SA80/L85 and M249/FN Minimi Para help
Old 12-28-2009, 00:58
Respect, Honour, Courage

thanks..I didn't think of getting Bruno beret, as I didn't think he was FFL. Just did the search and he does have the FFL para badge on. Do you know if the red beret is ok then, or should I change the badge to put on a green beret?

Cheers for the advice...got myself some uniform patches too
Old 12-28-2009, 02:11
OSW Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach_141 View Post
thanks..I didn't think of getting Bruno beret, as I didn't think he was FFL. Just did the search and he does have the FFL para badge on. Do you know if the red beret is ok then, or should I change the badge to put on a green beret?

Cheers for the advice...got myself some uniform patches too
The red beret wouldn't be worn by Legionnaires. That's for French army paras. For a Legion para you'll have to put the badge on a green beret. Only problem is you're going to have to find a green paint to match the beret and paint around the winged dagger on the badge. The badge is a solid piece with the areas that shouldn't be there painted red to match Bruno's beret. A better solution if you can find one is to get the beret from the Armoury Legionnaire. It's already green and has the proper para badge. The berets used to show up on eBay regularly but I just checked and there aren't any listed at the moment. The figure must not be as abundant as it used to be. If you're interested in the full figure you might find one on eBay or check this link for Legend's Toys and Hobbies: 1:6 French Foreign Legion - Legend's Toys & Hobbies - Your alternate source in the latest in Action Figures, Plastic Models & Collectibles.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:25
A complete Six maniac!!

Or you could also try a Legionnaire in dress uniform and Kepi blanc like this one.

Bastille day 2008 - finished figure- new pics

Neil.

Winner October 2006.
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...ight=landrover
Old 12-28-2009, 02:39
Respect, Honour, Courage

Excellent Legionnaire in dress uniform!
I did look for the armoury one, might have to get the full figure..can get it for $25 from somewhere. Typical, I always seem to want to bash figures when the parts are nigh in impossible to find. I did think the red beret wouldn't work, as only seen them in the green beret.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:38
Furious Genius

Yes, Bruno is an FFL para, they wear the red beret with silver para badge. If you want to do infantry you will need the green beret and infantry badge as below (in gold on left). Hunt around on web (especially eBay) you may find a loose beret with badge from Leon. I will look at a French online store I've bought beautiful resin 1:6 modern French Weapons from to see if there's anything there. I'll post the site for you when I get back - got to run to the vet with my cat. Jusqu'à plus tard....
Attached Thumbnails
French Foreign Legion help-ffl-green-beret.jpg  
Old 12-28-2009, 11:07
OSW Member

Bruno is not an FFL para. When for sale I see it advertised as an FFL para all the time but that's not the case. Bruno is a member of the 1er Régiment de Chasseurs Parachutistes (1er RCP). If he was a Legion para he would be part of the 2e Régiment Étranger de Parachutistes (2e REP). I think the confusion comes in because both units are part of the 11th Parachute Brigade:11th Parachute Brigade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All Legionnaires wear green berets for duty dress. Airborne units wear the winged dagger badge and the rest of the Legion wears the flaming grenade badge.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:51
Respect, Honour, Courage

cheers guys for the help.

@furious genius - thanks for those links. I got some insignia I did google and scimitar is right..green beret with the winged dagger. I'd actually prefer to make them infantry, so anyone know where I can buy the hasbro gi joe classic collection Foreign Legion guys beret? He has the gold infantry badge but I don't want to buy the full figure.

@scimitar - thanks mate, good link too!

Am still tempted to buy the Armoury one x 4 (got 4 x Legionnaires in the making) then I can have 8 legionnaires

My aim is to have international special forces (well, USA, UK and France) - I might get a German unit together too. Currently got a squad of 4 Royal Marines in dpm, US Rangers (ala HT) and 6 Special Forces in multicam. FFL on their way, and then maybe a squad of German gebirgsjaeger or something.
Old 12-28-2009, 14:16
OSW Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach_141 View Post
cheers guys for the help.

@furious genius - thanks for those links. I got some insignia I did google and scimitar is right..green beret with the winged dagger. I'd actually prefer to make them infantry, so anyone know where I can buy the hasbro gi joe classic collection Foreign Legion guys beret? He has the gold infantry badge but I don't want to buy the full figure.

@scimitar - thanks mate, good link too!

Am still tempted to buy the Armoury one x 4 (got 4 x Legionnaires in the making) then I can have 8 legionnaires

My aim is to have international special forces (well, USA, UK and France) - I might get a German unit together too. Currently got a squad of 4 Royal Marines in dpm, US Rangers (ala HT) and 6 Special Forces in multicam. FFL on their way, and then maybe a squad of German gebirgsjaeger or something.
I've never seen the Hasro FFL figure parted out. It's a fairly crude figure. The beret badge might be useable but the beret is huge. For a regular Legion infantryman Leon Javert's beret would be best. Unfortunately as you've probably found, Javert loose parts are a bit scarce.
Old 12-28-2009, 14:37
Respect, Honour, Courage

yeah - I would have only used the badge. Sadly, Leon is gold dust! There are some places online selling him complete, so once I return from vacation next month, if got some money may order those....all depends. As said before, always typical of me that I get into an era/unit when figures of said unit have become rare!
Old 12-28-2009, 14:48
Furious Genius

My apologies for the confusion on the FFL para, thanks for clearing that up, Scimitar.

The website I wanted to pass on to you, roach, features some really fine French weapon kits, cast in resin with some metal parts, they are beautifully scuplted and perfect for any French (or French Colonial) bash covering conflicts from the Franco-Prussian War through today.

The weapon kits listed are:
MAS 36 (before and after WW2), MAS 38 smg, Chassepot M1866, Bertheir M1892, FR F1 sniper rifle, AA 52 mg, MAS 49/56 semi-auto rifle, MAC 50 auto pistol, MAT 49 version III smg (out of stock - OOS), MAT 49 version II, MAS 36 CR39 (OOS), Ordonnence 1892 revolver WWI (OOS), FM 24/29 (OOS). The upgrade FR F1 (FR F2) is still in service, the AA 52 was just phased out in 2008 in favor of your FN Minimi.

If you are interested in the out of stock items write them and ask if and when they expect them to be restocked. I won't kid you they are expensive but are really fine 1:6 replicas and where else will you find them (21C MAT 49 is real hard to find and no comparison quality wise).

Scour the site for your FFL insignias or Leon's green beret - it's a good place to look.

The site is at: Fanasix (you want to look under "Divers 2" in the Figurines drop down) - be sure to click on the English flag for English.
Old 12-28-2009, 15:26
Respect, Honour, Courage

oooo I want that FRF1!! Absolutely gorgeous. I had seen it on some pics when looking into the subject, but didn't think anyone would have done it. Thanks for the site! I've seen it before, but never looked for this stuff.
Old 12-28-2009, 15:34
Furious Genius

I found a boxed Leon here: 1:6 BBi Elite Force "Corporal Leon Javert" for $24.95
OJI here: bbi Elite Force for Sale at OJI - Blue Box Toys Elite Force for Sale at OJI - has a few leon parts including the ammo pouches (just pouches) & older M1978 F1 helmet (as used in the Gulf War I). Here's a few loose Leon & Bruno pieces, unfortunately no beret: http://www.echobasetoys.com/Blue_Box...dern_Gear.html.

Do you have the French desert pattern uniform? If not one was made a couple of years ago, you may still find it on eBay or elsewhere online. It's a nice set and even comes with a helmet cover, have a look at this thread: French Desert Camouflage (Uniform Set).

Of course you'll still need the French body armour (in the same desert pattern) but I don't think anyone has made it yet. I imagine that there were shortages in the French supply, just like everyone else, and maybe OG and camo pattern body armour (like Bruno's) was issued (?)
Old 12-28-2009, 15:55
Furious Genius

Roach, I PM'd you with a solution.
Old 12-28-2009, 15:58
Respect, Honour, Courage

Hiya...I found Kerenza the other day. Emailed them on their stock numbers of Leon, and just awaiting their response. I also visited EBT and saw the Leon Javert patrol cap still there which is tempting.

I did see that thread with the desert pattern, thanks..but it's mainly the woodland one I'm after, and possibly the OD one from Armoury.
Old 12-28-2009, 17:05
OSW Member

No problem furious genious. When it comes to modern international forces things can get confusing real quick. Switching Bruno to an FFL para should be quite simple though.

Roach_141 you aren't going to be able to order that figure from the Kerenza web store but I think you already figured that out. At the moment his webstore is still under development. You can add items to the kart but you can't check out. He also has an eBay store but he doesn't have the Javert figure listed in stock there. He's active here so you can always send him a PM. Check this thread and you'll find him: Kerenza

Don't know if you've seen the official Legion website but it might come in helpful: Lgion trangre - Site officiel
Old 12-28-2009, 17:37
Furious Genius

Here's another useful link to photos of real French & FFL soldiers: Military photos . net . Just use the search feature at the top right (under the film strip) and you'll get a ton of hits. I'd try "French Foreign Legion Gulf War" first.