One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Anyone or company making custom 1/6 scale light sabers

5K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  KneeJoint 
#1 ·
Anyone or company making custom 1/6 scale light sabers

I want making a 1/6 scale Jedi for my nephew for is birthday. He is plays a role playing game like Dungeons and Dragons but in Star Wars

So I need to make a light saber that lights up. I know side show light sabers light up also … never saw with up close but I know Side Show make light sabers that glow but I would prefer to be made out of metal.

I found key chains but there too short and thick….

http://gizmodo.com/392432/discount-lightsaber-keychain-proves-you-dont-have-to-be-rich-to-be-a-jedi

Thanks for you help in advance

#4 ·
I made a custom light saber last year for a Padawan learner. It didn't light up though.
If I was gonna do one, I use fiber optic thread with a acrylic tube sleeve. But then you'd have to run the thread up his or her sleeve and put the battery and light some place else on the figure.
This would be a good time of year to do one. With all the Christmas trees on sale right now you could get tons of fiber optic thread to play with cheap.

Paul

#8 ·
EL wire could work to (EL - electro luminescent). You can charge about 5 feet of EL wire with a 9 volt .

Now that I'm thinking about it... Back in the day (1978) the first light sabers to come out were just clear frosted PVC tubes on a flashlight. Why not buy key chain L.E.D. - take it apart and rebuild it as a light saber? It runs off a watch battery... I think it would be pretty easy to hide the wire up his sleeve. For the metal handle, hit the hardware store's plumbing and or electrical department. Lots and lots of tiny metal bits that screw together and are hallow inside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.