Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: DAMTOYS: 1/6ELITE FIREARMS SERIES 2 - AK GUN Series

DAMTOYS: 1/6ELITE FIREARMS SERIES 2 - AK GUN Series

DAMTOYS ELITE FIREARMS SERIES 2

Barcode: 6970569629650

EF006
    SPETSNAZ ASSAULT RIFLE -- AK105 SET
    LIST:

AK-105 ASSAULT RIFLE (BLK)
    30rd MAG X2+1 (BLK)
    KOBRA RED DOT (BLK)
    KOBRA RED DO MOUNT (BLK)
    KOBRA RED DO HOOD (BLK)
    RP1 HANDLE (BLK)
    FLASH HIDER
    ZENIT GRIP (BLK)
    RIFLE SLING (BLK)

EF007
    SPETSNAZ ASSAULT RIFLE -- AK105 SET
    LIST:

AK-105 ASSAULT RIFLE (CAMO)
    30rd MAG (CAMO)
    30rd MAG X2(DARK BROWN)
    KOBRA RED DOT (CAMO)
    KOBRA RED DO MOUNT (CAMO)
    KOBRA RED DO HOOD (SAND)
    RP1 HANDLE (CAMO)
    FLASH HIDER (CAMO)
    ZENIT GRIP (CAMO)
    RIFLE SLING (CAMO)

EF008
    SPETSNAZ ASSAULT RIFLE – AK74M SET
    LIST:

AK-74M ASSAULT RIFLE (BLK)
    30rd MAG (BLK)
    30rd MAG (BAKELITE)
    45rd MAG (BLK)
    C-MORE DOT(BLK)
    MOE GRIP (BLK)
    RIS TACTICAL MOUNT(BLK)
    FLASH HIDER
    RIFLE SLING (BLK)

EF009
    SPETSNAZ ASSAULT RIFLE – AK74M SET
    LIST:

AK-74M ASSAULT RIFLE (CAMO)
    30rd MAG (CAMO)
    30rd MAG (CAMO)
    45rd MAG (BAKELITE)
    C-MORE DOT(OD)
    MOE GRIP (CAMO)
    RIFLE SLING (BLK)
    FLASH HIDER
    RIFLE SLING (BLK)

EF010
    VDV ASSAULT RIFLE -- AK74M SET
    LIST:

AK-74M ASSAULT RIFLE (BLK)
    30rd MAG (BAKELITE)
    30rd MAGx2 (BLK)
    Obzor 1P63
    GP-25 GRENADE LAUNCHER
    VOG25 GRENADE
    VOG25P GRENADE
    HIDER
    RIFLE SLING (OD)

EF011
    VDV LIGHT MACHINE GUN --RPK74M SET
    LIST:

RPK-74M LIGHT MACHINE GUN
    45rd MAG (BAKELITE)
    75rd DRUM MAG
    Obzor 1P63
    RIFLE SLING (OD)
    VDV MID Pouch(FLORA)

################################################## ########

DAMTOYS精英武器系列 2 -AK枪系
    Barcode: 6970569629650

NO.EF006
    俄联邦特种部队AK105 套装
    清单:

AK105突击步槍(黑色)
    AK105突击步槍30发弹夹X2+1 (黑色)
    Kobra红点瞄具 (黑色)
    Kobra红点瞄具支架(黑色)
    Kobra 遮光罩(黑色)
    RP1 手柄(黑色)
    消焰器
    ZENIT 小握把(黑色)
    枪带 (黑色)

NO.EF007
    俄联邦特种部队AK105 套装
    清单:

AK105突击步槍(迷彩)
    AK105突击步槍30发弹夹(迷彩)
    AK105突击步槍30发弹夹(深棕)
    Kobra red dot红点瞄具 (黑色)
    Kobra red dot红点瞄具支架(黑色)
    Kobra red dot 遮光罩(沙色)
    RP1 手柄(迷彩)
    消焰器
    ZENIT 小握把(迷彩)
    枪带 (军绿)

EF008
    俄联邦特种部队AK74M 套装
    清单:

AK-74M突击步槍(黑色)
    AK74M突击步槍30发弹夹(黑色)
    AK74M突击步槍30发弹夹(BAKELITE)
    AK74M突击步槍45发弹夹(黑色)
    C-MORE DOT(黑色
    MOE GRIP (黑色)
    RIS战术支架(黑色)
    消焰器
    枪带 (黑色)

EF009
    俄联邦特种部队AK74M 套装
    清单:

AK-74M突击步槍(迷彩)
    AK74M突击步槍30发弹夹(迷彩)
    AK74M突击步槍30发弹夹(BAKELITE)
    AK74M突击步槍45发弹夹(迷彩)
    C-MORE DOT(军绿)
    MOE GRIP (迷彩)
    消焰器
    枪带 (黑色)

EF010
    俄联邦空降部队部队AK74M 套装
    LIST:

AK-74M突击步槍( 黑色)
    AK74M突击步槍30发弹夹(BAKELITE)
    AK74M突击步槍30发弹夹X2(BLK)
    Obzor 1P63瞄镜
    GP25下挂榴弹发射器
    VOG25 榴弹
    VOG25P榴弹
    火帽
    枪带 (黑色)

EF011
    俄联邦空降部队部队RPK-74M 套装
    LIST:

RPK-74M 轻机鎗
    45发弹夹(BAKELITE)
    75发弹鼓
    Obzor 1P63瞄镜
    枪带(军绿)
    空降兵医疗包(FLORA)

Re: DAMTOYS: 1/6ELITE FIREARMS SERIES 2 - AK GUN Series

Uhm, HELL YEAH!
    "Qui desiderat pacem præparet bellum."
    -Flavius Vegetius Renatus-

DA! DA! DA! YYYYYYYYYYOWSER!!!!!

It's like the DAM broke, and the wait was worth it.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

Well, THESE will sell like hotcakes! Good on ya, DAM. I’m in for two black 105s and two 74Ms.

I wish they had given the black 105 the standard grip and stock. I’ll have to cannibalize a 74M to rectify this.

Very happy to see this. They also finally gave the RPK an older color Bakelite mag, as well as a flora pattern drum mag pouch, which is great to see. Also super cool to see a Rakurs sight!

These are great and kudos to DAM, but they should have made a PKM...
    Happily collecting 1:6 modern military since 1998, and not a single HT figure ever bought...

Very nice and about DAM time! I think they chose a good range of weapons for their second Elite series of weapons but I wish that they would stop pushing the concept of the 5.45x39mm drum magazine with the RPK-74M, as those simply don't exist as issue items. There were some experimental ones that were tested but not adopted in that caliber. I have read about a number of companies (all in the US) that are making custom 75 round drums for AK's and RPK-74's but they are expensive and would not be seen on a weapon used by Russian forces. That makes me question the flora pattern drum pouch as well. Is it authentic and meant for a 7.62x39mm drum or is it a fantasy item? It's possible that the pouch could be some type of general purpose pouch that will fit a drum mag but I can't find any evidence of a purpose made drum mag pouch in that pattern. Other than that, I applaud DAM for producing this series of weapons. It would be nice to see their PKP MG get the same treatment as part of a stand alone release but I sincerely hope that the future will see them releasing a series of old school (but still in widespread use) Soviet weapons that include wood furniture versions of the AK-74/AKS-74, RPK/RPK-74, AKM/AKMS and the PKM. Those weapons could be used for Soviet/Russian forces from the 1960's until now.
    Sgt. Markoff: "Keep shooting, you scum! You'll get a chance yet to die with your boots on!"

Agreed on the hope of seeing some older version with wood furniture... (RPD!) Regardless, these are sharp releases.
    CUSTOM INDIANA JONES BELTS & HOLSTERS http://web.mac.com/fishlippi/Site/1_...GEAR_SETS.html

I think the RPK mold is meant to serve double duty as an RPKM and an RPK-74M. Some of us had a discussion concerning the DAM GK Milevsky RPK being issued with a drum magazine, as well as the DAM Russian figure that included both 5.45 and 7.62 mags for his RPK.

The RPKM is a modern derivative of the RPK, chambered in 7.62x39 and externally identical to the RPK-74M. I believe this is what DAM is going for here.

I do echo the sentiments about a second series of AK-type weapons with older furniture. We know they have an AKMS mold in the works, it would be great to see an AKM, PKM, and SVD as well.

Not bad, but.. AK series again, We need sniper rifles, submashine guns, other more exotic guns. СВД, СВУ (ОЦ-03), ПП-19, ПП-19-01, ПП-2000, AEK-971 series.

Aaaahhhh, I was hoping for a Zenitco railed handguard version with an M4 stock and railed dust cover, for a full Alfa build... But these are still pretty cool. Nice to finally have a better source for AKs.

It's about DAM time!
    Links:
    My Flickr Photostream: 1/6 | PMG
    Trade References

Quote Originally Posted by Scribby View Post
    I think the RPK mold is meant to serve double duty as an RPKM and an RPK-74M. Some of us had a discussion concerning the DAM GK Milevsky RPK being issued with a drum magazine, as well as the DAM Russian figure that included both 5.45 and 7.62 mags for his RPK.

The RPKM is a modern derivative of the RPK, chambered in 7.62x39 and externally identical to the RPK-74M. I believe this is what DAM is going for here.

I do echo the sentiments about a second series of AK-type weapons with older furniture. We know they have an AKMS mold in the works, it would be great to see an AKM, PKM, and SVD as well.
    I suppose that's possible but it seems unlikely to me that DAM had the foresight to explicitly include a drum mag to also allow it to be used as a relatively obscure 7.62x39mm RPK-203 (aka RPKM). The description labels it as a "VDV Light Machine Gun" and while troops other than the Russian VDV also use it, that indicates to me that it's indeed intended to be a Russian RPK-74M and nothing else. If the drum is included as a bonus to depict a different variant, I would think that they would mention that (and perhaps they will when it's released) in the description.

I believe that the drum and the 60 round magazine included with the Milevsky figure were just included for the coolness factor of drum mags and the crazy look of that particular AK mag, due to the stylized nature of the GK figures. I also believe that the two tone nature of the furniture that was included with that weapon was also included for the coolness factor, when in reality it should have been all black for a RPK-203 or primarily all black or all plum for a RPK-74M. As for the steel mag that was included with the Vityaz figure, the product description described it as an "RPK-74M MAG" (DAMTOYS 1/6 SPETSNAZ MVD OSN VITYAZ In CHECHNYA (78028#)) but I believe that to have been a mistake as well. The only steel 5.45x39 RPK magazines that I'm aware of are Romanian and possibly Polish.

Anyway, the inclusion of the drum mag could be a mistake or intentional but I suppose there's no way of knowing unless DAM comments on the matter. Whether it's intentional or a happy mistake (depending on viewpoint), I don't suppose it really matters. Personally though, when manufacturers add things like that, I dislike it if they don't point out the reason for it because it leads to people creating figures that have inaccuracies that could have been avoided if the manufacturers had bothered to educate their customers on the subject. Certainly people should do a bit of research but it's not uncommon for less experienced hobbyists to think that the manufacturers know what they're doing and not be prone to mistakes. BTW, the manufacturers shouldn't be so prone to mistakes and it's a situation that would be easy to rectify but that's a topic for another discussion.

As for the flora mag pouch that I mentioned in my previous comment, I did a bit of research and that appears to be a repurposed first aid pouch. I found a good image on eBay and one on the BBICN forum where the pouch is mentioned and I really have to question if the 1:1 pouch is large enough to fit a 75 round drum mag. Here are those images:

Sgt. Markoff: "Keep shooting, you scum! You'll get a chance yet to die with your boots on!"

The steel mag included with the Vityaz figure is a 7.62, going by the curvature. It also appears to be a 50-rounder, definitely not standard issue and as far as I know, not produced by Russia. Wish they’d have given us a 40-rounder, as that is a standard RPK 7.62 mag and has a lot of applications with the rest of their AK line.

It’s for these reasons that I believe the DAM RPKs are meant to be chambered in whichever caliber the owner prefers. My headcanon for the Milevsky RPK is that it’s of Bulgarian manufacture with a hodgepodge of aftermarket parts. It’s certainly possible to build an identical one in real life if you’re drawing from the entire range of compatible 7.62 RPK parts worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkut916 View Post
    Not bad, but.. AK series again, We need sniper rifles, submashine guns, other more exotic guns. СВД, СВУ (ОЦ-03), ПП-19, ПП-19-01, ПП-2000, AEK-971 series.
    These would be all great choices!

Especially PP 19 Bison, AEK 971 and PP 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Scribby View Post
    The steel mag included with the Vityaz figure is a 7.62, going by the curvature. It also appears to be a 50-rounder, definitely not standard issue and as far as I know, not produced by Russia. Wish they’d have given us a 40-rounder, as that is a standard RPK 7.62 mag and has a lot of applications with the rest of their AK line.

It’s for these reasons that I believe the DAM RPKs are meant to be chambered in whichever caliber the owner prefers. My headcanon for the Milevsky RPK is that it’s of Bulgarian manufacture with a hodgepodge of aftermarket parts. It’s certainly possible to build an identical one in real life if you’re drawing from the entire range of compatible 7.62 RPK parts worldwide.
    I don't know. It just seems like an awful lot of mistakes on DAM's part to me but it's not really a big deal. There is the definite possibility that DAM used images of a custom RPK such as what you mentioned as a reference. Other manufacturers have made similar mistakes and DAM certainly isn't infallible. If you look back through the threads concerning each of their Russian figures, a number of mistakes have been pointed out on most of them. I'm not really complaining about the mistakes because I'm happy about what they have produced for Russian enthusiasts but a bit more research would go along way in avoiding those errors.

Is there already an release date for these guns?