Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Wolverine Phicen M34

Wolverine Phicen M34

I'm finally purchasing a phicen / tbleague m34. I have the female bodies but no male one yet. My first bash will be a wolverine and plan to use a current hot toys head. I don't have the M34 yet but assume the Hot toys clothes, specifically the jeans, won't fit the M34's larger size.

I plan to display the new fig with just a pair a jeans, boots, and claws.

Where can I find a pair of jeans and boots that will fit the M34? I looked on ebay and it wasn't apparent that items were specifically tagged to fit the M34.

Re: Wolverine Phicen M34

As hard as it is to believe, it is possible (with some patience and effort) to squeeze the M34 body into generic sixth-scale clothes (except if they are specifically for the likes of GI Joe or Ken, which have very thin legs/waists). See some of the photos in my review HERE.

Thanks for the reply and nice review. I did read your review before purchasing the body.

I'll hold off on buying any clothes and see how I do fitting the M34 into the hot toys clothes.

For the Toys City peg shoes you mention in your review that the ball joint from the phicen will directly mate up to it? If that's the case I might go ahead and just order some boots first.

Welcome, glad it was helpful.

I believe that (generally speaking at least) Hot Toys clothes should work, but I confess I have not attempted this particular kitbash (and I do not own a boxed Wolverine figure of any kind, so I cannot check for you). For what it is worth, those are Hot Toys Dutch camo pants on the M34 in the review. The trick is to squeeze/massage the rubbery muscles so that you get the tighter fits over them. A thin layer of cellophane/plastic wrap might also help a little bit by reducing the friction between the silicon surface and the clothes (and it would also protect the silicon surface from staining).

Yes, so far in my experience, shoes that are made in such a way as to accommodate the ball joint directly, seem to fit very well on M34's foot peg ball joints. (The one exception I've come across are the Star Wars boots made by Sideshow, which are designed to accommodate a slightly bigger ball joint, so unless you do something to modify them, they would slip off too easily when you employ non-Sideshow bodies.)

Hope this helps.

Awesome thanks. I'm a pro using both corn starch and cellophane with Phicen figs. Female figs have especially tight clothes and cellophane makes life better. Ive seen youtube vids of people trying to clothe phicen figs without it and it takes them hours lol.