Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 66

Thread: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review updated

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    1,622

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review

    @Odysseus - welcome.
    @Reverend - welcome, but it has been mostly Odysseus' work lately, especially when it comes to comparing the different Jiaou male bodies to each other (I have only the one so far).

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,242

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review

    Very informative comparison so thanks for that !

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    213

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review

    Update:
    After many requests, the Jiaou rep has posted recommended matching head sculpts on their Facebook page. Most of the recommended matches for natural (pale) are Kumik sculpts with attached necks, so like DID, neck modification will be required. Note of caution. They have just captured photos from online and do not show the head sculpts on their actual Jiaou product, so whether itís a good match or not remains to be seen.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    1,622

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review

    Thanks for the update, Odysseus!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    327

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review

    This guy/girl dyed a M33 and looks good in the pics!

    Flickr

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    1,622

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review

    Quote Originally Posted by muscledog View Post
    This guy/girl dyed a M33 and looks good in the pics!

    Flickr
    A little content warning might have been advisable, but he certainly has talent.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    327

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review

    Quote Originally Posted by GubernatorFan View Post
    A little content warning might have been advisable, but he certainly has talent.
    Oh sorry. Indeed I didn't pay attention to the content of the pictures, just to the color of the body

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    NE Florida
    Posts
    12,292

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review

    Quote Originally Posted by GubernatorFan View Post
    A little content warning might have been advisable, but he certainly has talent.
    --

    Yeah. No kidding about content warning.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    1,622

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review

    I swear, as I was looking for clues as to how the M33 was dyed (information that was not provided, as far as I could tell), I kept thinking... poor DFC will never bemoan the loss of the adult section again!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    NE Florida
    Posts
    12,292

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review

    Quote Originally Posted by GubernatorFan View Post
    I swear, as I was looking for clues as to how the M33 was dyed (information that was not provided, as far as I could tell), I kept thinking... poor DFC will never bemoan the loss of the adult section again!
    --

    Let me put it this way.

    I have a hankering for tacos.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    the gritty streets of NYC
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review

    bought the "black" body from these guys AND it's NOT even black!! had to paint the damn thing. I don't know what the hell they were thinking by calling it a black/AA body. ridiculous...

    Miguel

    (3/14) (6/14) (4/15) (2/16) (7/16) (1/17) (3/17)

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    327

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review

    Quote Originally Posted by GubernatorFan View Post
    I swear, as I was looking for clues as to how the M33 was dyed (information that was not provided, as far as I could tell)
    Someone asked her/him how was it done and was said that Rit dark brown and tan was used. The body was soaked in full boiling water with the dye.

    And again, sorry for not paying attention to the rest of the pics. But after all, those are just figures, no real penises or vaginas included

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    327

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review

    Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing1968 View Post
    bought the "black" body from these guys AND it's NOT even black!! had to paint the damn thing. I don't know what the hell they were thinking by calling it a black/AA body. ridiculous...

    Miguel
    Yes, like their "natural" is very pale, their "black" is just suntanned.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    1,622

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review

    And on the female figures, their "black" is paler than "wheat" or "KT."
    Muscledog, thanks for the clarification on how it was painted. So mix paint and boiling water and stick a precious Phicen in that? Hmmm, not sure if I would dare do that. Does he say to soak for how long or what proportion of each dye?
    I was half joking about the advisory -- it did take me by surprise, but that's about it; to each their own: someone else might blow their top.
    PS, given the name Ningyoboy, probably a guy.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    327

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review

    Quote Originally Posted by GubernatorFan View Post
    And on the [I]Muscledog, thanks for the clarification on how it was painted. So mix paint and boiling water and stick a precious Phicen in that? Hmmm, not sure if I would dare do that. Does he say to soak for how long or what proportion of each dye?
    I was half joking about the advisory -- it did take me by surprise, but that's about it; to each their own: someone else might blow their top.
    PS, given the name Ningyoboy, probably a guy.
    Gubernator, he (I'm so clueless I didn't mind the name ) didn't give more details. Maybe I'll ask him. First I'll need a Flickr account

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    1,622

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review

    I am watching some videos on youtube trying to figure this out (there is nothing specifically on Phicens or Jiou's except one video showing you how to paint the nipples and stuff, but I had a simpler system for that already). They do have plastics dyed this way with rit dyes. Non-specific amount of water brought to boiling, pour in non-specific amount of dye (whole little rit bottle or two, if you want a stronger color), and apparently leave it to soak until cooled. Or so I gather comparing info from multiple sources. They had someone paint a Hot Toys body red for a custom Hellboy, looked very successful.

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    213

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review

    He doesn’t say in the comments what kind of Rit dye he used. They make ones for both natural and synthetic fabrics. Given the nature of silicone, it’s probably more of a ‘stain’, but it looks pretty good in the pics. Who knows about longevity and the impact of boiling silicone though! Someone on one of the Phicen/seamless groups did this the other month on a torn figure, and the results were uneven.

    Agree that this person is really creative and talented looking at the pics. Wish he’d join some of the groups. I expected the content to be worse. Arty more than obscene.

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    1,622

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review

    Thanks, Odysseus. I spent some time looking at youtube videos on the use of Rite dye (mostly on plastics). Some of them dyed very well, apparently the trick is to make sure the surface is clean (including from fingerprints) if you want an even dye/stain. With the Phicen or Jiaou bodies, this would also mean clearing off the protective powder as well as possible. But apparently the dye reeks and I am not about to try this in the coldest of winter, when one can barely crack a window for more than a minute.
    After getting some ideas from other videos, I am currently conducting an experiment with my "flayed" M31 "skin" and the silicone pigment + silicone glue + solvent brush-on approach.

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    1,622

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review updated

    I have finally assembled (all?) three Jiaou Doll Male bodies, and am posting this update (I also updated parts of the original post above). The first body I had obtained was the "wheat" body after all (Odysseus was correct), JOK-11C-BS. You can see it below together with the "natural" body (JOK-11C-YS) and the "black" body (JOK-11C-PS); I am not certain the "white" (?) body (JOK-11C-WS) has been released, but I certainly have no plans of getting it, seeing that the "natural" body is already too light in skin tone to truly match any of the head sculpts in my collection. Everything I've seen now confirms Odysseus' comments in various posts above.
    Here is the group photo, with the three male bodies and another five female ones, and heads as close as I could find to match (some additional comments follow below):



    Male bodies (all 3.0 with removable feet):
    "natural," in some places called "pale" (JOK-11C-YS) - pale yellowish skin, very hard to match with head sculpts.
    "wheat," in some places called "tan" (JOK-11C-PS) - matches many of the lighter male head sculpts, like those by DID.
    "black," in some places wrongly called "African-American" (JOK-11C-PS) - matches many of the tan male head sculpts if the color is not too warm.
    Generally: good articulation, (too) easily swappable hands, (rather) difficult to swap feet.

    Female bodies (all 3.0, with removable feet, with large breasts except for this "wheat," which has medium breasts):
    "pink" (JOK-06C-PM) - hard to match, the Monica Belucci head sculpt is as close as I can get.
    "natural" (JOK-06C-YS) - pale yellowish skin like the male version, hard to match, the Selene head sculpt is as close as I can get.
    "wheat" (JOK-06C-BC) - light tan, similar to the male version; relatively easy to match.
    "black" (JOK-06-PS) - even lighter tan (yes, not "black" at all), much lighter than the male version, and slightly lighter than the female "wheat." Somewhat hard to match, though the Angelina Jolie and Marylin Monroe head sculpts are close.
    "brown" (JOK-06C-BM) - the warmest color, but not darker than the female "wheat." Hard to match exactly, although the Sucker Punch Amber head sculpt looks about right in the photo (in hand it is just a little bit darker than the body).
    Generally: good articulation, (too) easily swappable hands, easily swappable feet.

    Clean up: A couple of days ago, one of the Jiaou Doll figures suffered some minor stains; I washed it with soap and water, applied 10% benzoyl peroxide, washed it clean two days later, and it has made a complete recovery (whether from my treatment or simply absorbing the stain, I don't know); remember to reapply protective powder.

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    23

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review updated

    Thanks, guys. This is a very helpful thread. Makes it a helluva lot easier when trying to decipher which body to purchase.

  21. #51
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    NE Florida
    Posts
    12,292

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review updated

    Quote Originally Posted by GubernatorFan View Post
    I have finally assembled (all?) three Jiaou Doll Male bodies, and am posting this update (I also updated parts of the original post above). The first body I had obtained was the "wheat" body after all (Odysseus was correct), JOK-11C-BS. You can see it below together with the "natural" body (JOK-11C-YS) and the "black" body (JOK-11C-PS); I am not certain the "white" (?) body (JOK-11C-WS) has been released, but I certainly have no plans of getting it, seeing that the "natural" body is already too light in skin tone to truly match any of the head sculpts in my collection. Everything I've seen now confirms Odysseus' comments in various posts above.
    Here is the group photo, with the three male bodies and another five female ones, and heads as close as I could find to match (some additional comments follow below):



    Male bodies (all 3.0 with removable feet):
    "natural," in some places called "pale" (JOK-11C-YS) - pale yellowish skin, very hard to match with head sculpts.
    "wheat," in some places called "tan" (JOK-11C-PS) - matches many of the lighter male head sculpts, like those by DID.
    "black," in some places wrongly called "African-American" (JOK-11C-PS) - matches many of the tan male head sculpts if the color is not too warm.
    Generally: good articulation, (too) easily swappable hands, (rather) difficult to swap feet.

    Female bodies (all 3.0, with removable feet, with large breasts except for this "wheat," which has medium breasts):
    "pink" (JOK-06C-PM) - hard to match, the Monica Belucci head sculpt is as close as I can get.
    "natural" (JOK-06C-YS) - pale yellowish skin like the male version, hard to match, the Selene head sculpt is as close as I can get.
    "wheat" (JOK-06C-BC) - light tan, similar to the male version; relatively easy to match.
    "black" (JOK-06-PS) - even lighter tan (yes, not "black" at all), much lighter than the male version, and slightly lighter than the female "wheat." Somewhat hard to match, though the Angelina Jolie and Marylin Monroe head sculpts are close.
    "brown" (JOK-06C-BM) - the warmest color, but not darker than the female "wheat." Hard to match exactly, although the Sucker Punch Amber head sculpt looks about right in the photo (in hand it is just a little bit darker than the body).
    Generally: good articulation, (too) easily swappable hands, easily swappable feet.

    Clean up: A couple of days ago, one of the Jiaou Doll figures suffered some minor stains; I washed it with soap and water, applied 10% benzoyl peroxide, washed it clean two days later, and it has made a complete recovery (whether from my treatment or simply absorbing the stain, I don't know); remember to reapply protective powder.
    --

    GOODY!

    Please tell us where we can find and buy the little heart shaped and smiley icons/stickers to use with our 1:6 figures.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    1,622

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review updated

    Quote Originally Posted by Curmo View Post
    Thanks, guys. This is a very helpful thread. Makes it a helluva lot easier when trying to decipher which body to purchase.
    You are very welcome. That's why I hunted down, copied, translated, and repasted the actual Chinese labels.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    --GOODY! Please tell us where we can find and buy the little heart shaped and smiley icons/stickers to use with our 1:6 figures.
    You can search for heart and smiley face stickers on eBay, but the ones I used in this image were actually just digital. It was either that or a fig leaf and shells. I downloaded them from a clip art database (had to crop the smiley face because it came with an unhelpful white background), but you can probably find them in plenty of places, including Wikimedia. Here are some links :

    Clip Art Hearts - Clip Art Library
    Picture Of Red Heart | Free Download Clip Art | Free Clip Art | on Clipart Library
    Emoticons Tongue Out - Clipart library - Clip Art Library
    Happy Face Tongue Sticking Out | Free Download Clip Art | Free Clip Art | on Clipart Library
    Emoticon Stick Tongue Out | Free Download Clip Art | Free Clip Art | on Clipart Library
    https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/C...tongue_smilies
    https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/C...ent_background

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    213

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review updated

    Amazing summary Gubernatorfan! I like the choice of blue background to pop and differentiate the colour range.

    The inconsistency between male and female ‘black’ is puzzling. As mentioned, the Jiaou rep has been putting head sculpt recommendations online, and in my opinion, they are just plucking things off sales sites without testing in person. They were recommending mostly Kumiks with attached necks at first which wouldn’t fit without mods. Then, I think they realised this and changed it all again For instance, the ‘normal’ male recommendations are all still far too dark. The recommendation for ‘black’ are way off as well. They are showing AA head sculpts that won’t match. Completely wrong tone.

    I wish for their male pale, they would have gone with pink instead of normal. It would at least blend better as the palest male sculpts on the market (DID, Kumik, etc) tend to have a pink tone not yellow. Very poorly researched on their part. I’ve bought a few blanks and am going to attempt painting. I’m a bad artist, but it’s all that’s available to me without hiring a pro artist. Watch this space! Lol.

    Oh about the feet. I mixed up the extra pair with the pair that comes with the figure. You’re absolutely correct. They are virtually indistinguishable by appearance and even feel. I thought I was losing it! Balancing is the best way to sort it out. Cheers for the balancing trick in your original review.

    After having these a while, I still like the Jiaou overall. TBL needs competition, and I’m glad they’re different enough and hope to see improvements in the futurew. They are a bit easier to kit out for one thing. Even with the matching problems, I’m happy they are doing a wider colour range. It’s an improvement. The easily popping-off hands annoy me though. I think I’m going to try a layer of matte clear finish inside the hand holes to tighten them up. Time to experiment.
    Last edited by Odysseus; 01-12-2018 at 09:39.

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    1,622

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review updated

    Thank you, Odysseus!

    I thought the blue background might be different enough to help, glad to see you think so too.

    I still wonder if the female "black" is not the result of some unfortunate and uncorrected mix-up. It is ridiculous, but at least it can match a few head sculpts.

    I do not own many Kumik heads, so perhaps my matching problem lies there. The relatively pale DID heads I mention also come with a permanently attached sculpted neck that needs to be removed. But as is, these match the male "wheat" rather than the male "natural" (which Cotswold Collectibles and I have been calling "pale," even though -- at least theory -- there is a Jiaou "white" that would be paler still). You are correct that going with something pinkish rather than yellowish would have been helpful. Good luck painting head sculpts. I find it a very frustrating experience. My painted heads have come out too pinkish and I am still looking for a good way to dull them down so they are not that shiny. Just ordered Tamiya Flat Base and the inconsistently named Pledge (Future) to experiment with that (I came across a reference to that solution in an old post, then found more about it on the net).

    The extra feet are a disappointment -- almost useless, and certainly not nearly as useful as true bent-toes feet would have been.

    You are right, Jiaou has its place, although it could have taken advantage of coming after TBL to do better and be more competitive. As you point out, the color research could have been more effective, the hands better fitting (and better sculpted, I would add), the extra feet more useful. I also think there is something not quite right with the sculpt of the lower leg on the male. But other than that, still a good seamless figure, though not quite as poseable as a TBL. Still, mistakes and disappointments can bury a company (Triad Toys?). DeltaForceChung seems to have some insider or inspired information about the future of these companies that he refuses to share (a reticence that is surely his only flaw!), so who knows what the future would bring.

    Good luck with your experiments. Make sure you tell us, when you have results.

  25. #55
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    NE Florida
    Posts
    12,292

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review updated

    Quote Originally Posted by GubernatorFan View Post
    Thank you, Odysseus!

    I thought the blue background might be different enough to help, glad to see you think so too.

    I still wonder if the female "black" is not the result of some unfortunate and uncorrected mix-up. It is ridiculous, but at least it can match a few head sculpts.

    I do not own many Kumik heads, so perhaps my matching problem lies there. The relatively pale DID heads I mention also come with a permanently attached sculpted neck that needs to be removed. But as is, these match the male "wheat" rather than the male "natural" (which Cotswold Collectibles and I have been calling "pale," even though -- at least theory -- there is a Jiaou "white" that would be paler still). You are correct that going with something pinkish rather than yellowish would have been helpful. Good luck painting head sculpts. I find it a very frustrating experience. My painted heads have come out too pinkish and I am still looking for a good way to dull them down so they are not that shiny. Just ordered Tamiya Flat Base and the inconsistently named Pledge (Future) to experiment with that (I came across a reference to that solution in an old post, then found more about it on the net).

    The extra feet are a disappointment -- almost useless, and certainly not nearly as useful as true bent-toes feet would have been.

    You are right, Jiaou has its place, although it could have taken advantage of coming after TBL to do better and be more competitive. As you point out, the color research could have been more effective, the hands better fitting (and better sculpted, I would add), the extra feet more useful. I also think there is something not quite right with the sculpt of the lower leg on the male. But other than that, still a good seamless figure, though not quite as poseable as a TBL. Still, mistakes and disappointments can bury a company (Triad Toys?). DeltaForceChung seems to have some insider or inspired information about the future of these companies that he refuses to share (a reticence that is surely his only flaw!), so who knows what the future would bring.

    Good luck with your experiments. Make sure you tell us, when you have results.
    --

    WHAT?!

    The current crop of 1:6 female seamless bodies within our hobby are nothing more than smaller scale versions of 1:1 high end silicone pleasure dolls (i.e. RealDoll, etc.).

    That's one blunt, crass, and direct way of putting it.

    TBLeague is pretty much RealDoll in 1:6 while JIAOU DOLL are trying to be an up and coming alternative to RealDoll at a lower price point and trying to improve in design, etc. just like the competitors of the 1:1 RealDoll.

    NOW . . . time for some morning brew with a shot of JD. EH . . . I'll just have a cup of English tea instead.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    1,622

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review

    Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing1968 View Post
    bought the "black" body from these guys AND it's NOT even black!! had to paint the damn thing. I don't know what the hell they were thinking by calling it a black/AA body. ridiculous... Miguel
    Hi Miguel. I'm sorry I somehow missed your response before. Yes indeed, their "black" is just close to Phicen's male "suntan" at best. Since you mention painting the body, could you shed more light on this? Were you successful? What paints and process did you use?

  27. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    169

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review updated

    Quote Originally Posted by GubernatorFan View Post
    I have finally assembled (all?) three Jiaou Doll Male bodies, and am posting this update (I also updated parts of the original post above). The first body I had obtained was the "wheat" body after all (Odysseus was correct), JOK-11C-BS. You can see it below together with the "natural" body (JOK-11C-YS) and the "black" body (JOK-11C-PS); I am not certain the "white" (?) body (JOK-11C-WS) has been released, but I certainly have no plans of getting it, seeing that the "natural" body is already too light in skin tone to truly match any of the head sculpts in my collection. Everything I've seen now confirms Odysseus' comments in various posts above.
    Here is the group photo, with the three male bodies and another five female ones, and heads as close as I could find to match (some additional comments follow below):



    Male bodies (all 3.0 with removable feet):
    "natural," in some places called "pale" (JOK-11C-YS) - pale yellowish skin, very hard to match with head sculpts.
    "wheat," in some places called "tan" (JOK-11C-PS) - matches many of the lighter male head sculpts, like those by DID.
    "black," in some places wrongly called "African-American" (JOK-11C-PS) - matches many of the tan male head sculpts if the color is not too warm.
    Generally: good articulation, (too) easily swappable hands, (rather) difficult to swap feet.

    Female bodies (all 3.0, with removable feet, with large breasts except for this "wheat," which has medium breasts):
    "pink" (JOK-06C-PM) - hard to match, the Monica Belucci head sculpt is as close as I can get.
    "natural" (JOK-06C-YS) - pale yellowish skin like the male version, hard to match, the Selene head sculpt is as close as I can get.
    "wheat" (JOK-06C-BC) - light tan, similar to the male version; relatively easy to match.
    "black" (JOK-06-PS) - even lighter tan (yes, not "black" at all), much lighter than the male version, and slightly lighter than the female "wheat." Somewhat hard to match, though the Angelina Jolie and Marylin Monroe head sculpts are close.
    "brown" (JOK-06C-BM) - the warmest color, but not darker than the female "wheat." Hard to match exactly, although the Sucker Punch Amber head sculpt looks about right in the photo (in hand it is just a little bit darker than the body).
    Generally: good articulation, (too) easily swappable hands, easily swappable feet.

    Clean up: A couple of days ago, one of the Jiaou Doll figures suffered some minor stains; I washed it with soap and water, applied 10% benzoyl peroxide, washed it clean two days later, and it has made a complete recovery (whether from my treatment or simply absorbing the stain, I don't know); remember to reapply protective powder.
    Thanks very much for the comparison photo GubernatorFan. This is the 1st time I see a Black and Brown body-head match up and the actual colour of the Black skin. The male black is a lot darker. Wish they had one like that for the female.

    It looks as if the Monica Balucci head PT005 does not match the Pink. I have one and it doesn't quite match a KT Wheat either. Any ideas for Jiaou body? PT005 is a TBL new suntan tone of course.

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    1,622

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review updated

    Thank you, martian. Glad you found it useful. Agree on the colors.
    Yes, Monica is not a perfect match for the Jiaou "pink" body, she is simply the closest thing I had to it. She is not a match for the "natural" body either (it is too yellowish), or the "brown," obviously. The Jiaou KT (not pictured above since it is encased in a custom figure I don't feel like redoing) is ever so slightly lighter in skin tone than Jiaou "wheat"; both are a little too dark for the Monica head. She does appear to be a pretty good match for the "black" body (just did a quick check), so if you want to match her with a Jiaou, that's probably your best bet.
    Hope this helps.

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    327

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review updated

    Great pictures! Now I see that a "black" or a "wheaten" body will do to my AJ's head.

    I knew the girl who asked the guy about dyeing the bodies from other forum. This is what he told her:

    "I really didn't figure out stuff like time spent in the dye bath or the amount of dye to water, etc. What I did was used equal parts Rit Liquid Dyes Dark Brown and Tan in approx one quart of water or (enough water to completely cover the figure). Bring your water and dye to a simmer and remove from the heat. While the water is still hot submerge your figure. Turn it frequently and check the color. It will take several tries at this, maybe four or five but you must let the figure dry between each attempt. Hands and feet dye quickly so you may only need two or three tries to dye them. I also used a dark brown pastel for blushing recessed areas. Don't be afraid, give it a try. You may not get an EXACT color match but you will come close enough (I hope) to have fun."

    I was searching something on Youtube and found this:

    Silicone Severed Hand Tutorial, Pt. 2, Painting | Freakmo - YouTube

    Not a figure body, but the material the girl is painting is silicone like of Phicen or Jiaou.

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    1,622

    Re: Jiaou Doll Male Body Review updated

    Thanks, muscledog! I appreciate you relating the guy's report on his RITE dyeing of Phicen bodies. I am not going to be replicating this anytime soon, not least because of the stink combined with the deep winter freeze in my neck of the woods. But his results were certainly very good.
    Thanks also for the youtube video. I have seen similar ones (including one it references) and there can be little doubt that if you know what you are doing and if you have the right equipment (including what is effectively a gas mask), silicone paints are a very good way to go. There is apparently a very user-friendly and less complicated paint system, but that is hard to find in the states, and quite expensive (it is Canadian). The Psycho Paint system (which works with the Silc Pig pigments) yields excellent results too, but it is far more complicated. I am looking for something simple that can be done easily at home without complications (and not pastels). So working off of videos like this one, I have tried to color patches of my experimental Phicen body (the one that I took off the stainless steel skeleton). My first try seemed to work, the second not nearly as well, so I continue to experiment. Nothing as fancy as what we have in the video, of course.

Similar Threads

  1. JIAOU DOLL 1/6 Seamless Male Body Detachable Foot Natural/Wheaten/Black Skin
    By daisyrain in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-03-2017, 20:23
  2. Some Suggestions for head sculpt to match JIAOU DOLL 1/6 Female body
    By daisyrain in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-30-2017, 00:33
  3. Femme Fatale | JIAOU DOLL Stainless Steel Skeleton 1/6 Male Nude Seamless Body Action Figure
    By daisyrain in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-07-2017, 18:30
  4. Femme Fatale | Oriental gentle, soft feminine beauty,JIAOU DOLL 1/6 Female Body Action Figure .
    By daisyrain in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-21-2017, 10:14
  5. Jiaou doll 1/6 female body
    By daisyrain in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2016, 04:55

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Jiaou Doll Male Body Review updated
Jiaou Doll Male Body Review updated
KGHobby...Click Here!
Urban Samurai Hobbies...Click Here!
Vlad's Toys...Click Here!
BlackOps Toys...Click Here!
HobbyLink Japan...Click Here!
Cotswold Collectibles...Click Here!
The ToySource...Click Here!
Big Bad Toy Store...Click Here!
Timewalker Toys...Click Here!
ToyWiz...Click Here!
Nouveau Toys...Click Here!
You Could Join George Takei and Crew aboard Star Trek: The Cruise II to Celebrate 30 Years of TNG!
Big Bad Toy Store...Click Here!
You Could Join George Takei and Crew aboard Star Trek: The Cruise II to Celebrate 30 Years of TNG!