Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Attack of the Wonder Women

Attack of the Wonder Women

I've been meaning to do this for weeks, but here it is... after lots of kitbashing and changing my mind, I ended up with three Wonder Woman (all the more ironic, as I never intended to make one until I was inspired by others on this form).

So here are the three, plus a silly little photo story I cobbled together. A dozen photos below.

My first Wonder Woman kitbash, with a Phicen body and mostly Mattel outfit (for more details, see HERE and HERE).

The next one has a Jiaou body, HT knockoff head sculpt, and mostly AM outfit:

The third one has the Jiaou body from the AM version, and mostly HT outfit:

So what to do with three Wonder Women but set them loose on the beach...

Did I say a dozen photos? Well... the last one would have been censored anyway.

Hope you enjoyed.

Re: Attack of the Wonder Women

I have just start upload my version of WW when I saw this and -
    Wow you've got a nice three ladies-army here and I like all of them.
    Nice kitbash my friend

Thank you very much, camaro!

well done liked the beach

SO . . .

No chance for a "three way" 1:6 show I take it?

"Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Any one of the three versions is well done in itself -- seeing the trio is fun. Relatively speaking, the Mattel parts on the first one actually acquit themselves remarkably well.

You're on a trend for beach scenes. Looks like you used real sand on the Aquatroopers and a quick improvised plastic sheet on this one. May I recommend children's toy Kinetic Sand? Less messy because it clumps together, will hold footprints or tracks or even make a sandcastle for photoshoots, and is available in many colors. Pricier than actual sand but you can get it at Michaels whenever there's a frequent 50% off coupon.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

Thank you gyro, DFC, and MoonbaseAlphaMale.
    DFC - don't you mean foursome? I am sure you are good at using your imagination anyway.
    MoonbaseAlphaMale - I think you are used to far more elaborate dioramas than mine and gave me too much credit. I have on occasion used real rocks and pebbles (like HERE), but never real sand. What you saw in the Aquatrooper thread (or for that matter also HERE and HERE and HERE) was Hobby Lobby sack cloth spread over a flat wooden surface, with randomly interspersed cotton balls to create undulation. In this thread (Attack of the Wonder Women), I was actually trying to convey wet sand covered by thin splashes of waves, covering the dark brown wooden surface with a thin plastic foil staggered like waves. But yes, it did not work very well. I have followed your recommendation and just ordered some Kinetic Sand.

Each version looks sweet and thanks for that short bit of a photo story...what happens at snoo-snoo ?? OoOOoOo do tell us more !

Quote Originally Posted by GubernatorFan View Post
    MoonbaseAlphaMale - I think you are used to far more elaborate dioramas than mine and gave me too much credit. I have on occasion used real rocks and pebbles (like HERE), but never real sand. What you saw in the Aquatrooper thread (or for that matter also HERE and HERE and HERE) was Hobby Lobby sack cloth spread over a flat wooden surface, with randomly interspersed cotton balls to create undulation. In this thread (Attack of the Wonder Women), I was actually trying to convey wet sand covered by thin splashes of waves, covering the dark brown wooden surface with a thin plastic foil staggered like waves. But yes, it did not work very well. I have followed your recommendation and just ordered some Kinetic Sand.
    Well, "giving you too much credit" for the ground texture on the Aquatroopers is a compliment to you then. Your sack cloth looked pretty effective.

I think you'll like using the kinetic sand. I mentioned it because in my experience, hobbyists don’t know this product exists. I only learned of it by seeing an actual child playing with some. It’s particularly good for photoshoots as opposed to permanent display. Easy to set up, responsive like silly putty. The sand photographs great, especially “Sparkly” colors for a lunar surface etc. Easy to put away and re-use. I use an upside down plastic container lid as a base, so the sand doesn't scatter. Below the KS is used as a “joiner” to make one coherent diorama out of otherwise useless Phicen bases.

The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

Nice Wondies. I always thought that triad Raven head made a good Diana. All three of them are lovely

Great Review of Headsculpts and bodys ! I wonder how much stuff there´s to get for this character. I was not sure about a Jiaou body, but Yours work very well.

I'm a huge fan of Gadot as WW. But in terms of the figures I like your non-Gadot figure best. I hope HTS can keep up with you!!!!
    "Be sad! Be glad! Be neither! Seek, or shun!
    Thou hast no reason why! Thou canst have none;
    Thy being's being is a contradiction." S.T. Coleridge

I Liked to see the censored ones!

Thank you, apotheosis, andrew, Ephiane, Comicsrcoll78 (welcome back!), and brassco.

MoonbaseAlphaMale: thank you for sharing that beautiful photo, showing off your skill with the sand and the Phicen bases.

DFC, apotheosis, brassco: if you want to know more about Snoo-Snoo, check out some Futurama videos (for example, HERE). I was being tongue in cheek -- never photographed that scene, just realized that after removing a near duplicate I did not quite have a dozen photos. But with all the wonders of current TBLeague and Jiaou bodies, a non-publishable Snoo-Snoo fest would be totally doable.

Ephiane, the Jiaou Doll 3.0 female body with removable feet is a pretty viable alternative to modern TBLeague female bodies (my review on HERE was based on the less satisfactory non-removable feet version, which featured a hideous ankle bend). I am about to post a little review of the Jiaou male body.

Andrew and Comicsrcoll78: Raven Diana appreciates your support. I like her too. When I first re-painted the Mattel armor, I was more impressed with my custom work. Not sure if the metallic look has dulled with time, or it is just the contrast with the AM and HT armor make it look more plastic again.

Quick question: What kind of body does the AM TOYS Wonder woman come with? Is it comparable to phicen or jiaou?

Quote Originally Posted by operatormouse View Post
    Quick question: What kind of body does the AM TOYS Wonder woman come with? Is it comparable to phicen or jiaou?
    The AM Toys Wonder Woman (or Amazon queen or whatever she was called) actually comes with a Jiaou Body (the first giveaway was the scent), in the "wheat" skin tone.