Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Toys Wonder Woman Justice League1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Somewhere between sturgis & warehouse 13 SD

Hot Toys Wonder Woman Justice League1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

I just found this at BBTS.
    -
    BigBadToyStore - Justice League MMS450 Wonder Woman 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure
    -
    Product Description

Hot Toys is extremely thrilled to introduce the 1/6th scale Wonder Woman from the epic screenplay Justice League. Meticulously crafted based on the appearance of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman in the movie, the figure features a newly painted head sculpt with long curly dark brown real fabric hair and Wonder Woman’s signature tiara, a specialized body tailored for Wonder Woman, expertly tailored armor with heavier battle damage and weathering effect.
    -
    Aside from the amazing costume, the figure also comes with assortments of weapons and accessories such as a the sword, a shield with weathering effect, two pairs of Wonder Woman’s signature “Bracelets of Submissions”, her “Lasso of Truth”, bullet sparkling effects, and a specially designed Justice League themed figure stand.
    -

-

-

-

-

Product Features

• 11.40 inches (29cm)
    • Made of plastic
    • Authentic and detailed likeness of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman in Justice League
    • Head sculpt with movie-accurate facial expression, make-up, and gold colored tiara
    • Long curly dark brown real fabric hair implantation
    • Body with over 17 points of articulations

-
    And the Deluxe Ver.
    -
    BigBadToyStore - Justice League MMS451 Wonder Woman (Deluxe Ver.) 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure
    -

Hot Toys is extremely thrilled to introduce the 1/6th scale Wonder Woman from the epic screenplay Justice League. Meticulously crafted based on the appearance of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman in the movie, the figure features a newly painted head sculpt with long curly dark brown real fabric hair and Wonder Woman’s signature tiara, a specialized body tailored for Wonder Woman, expertly tailored armor with heavier battle damage and weathering effect.

-

Aside from the amazing costume, the figure also comes with assortments of weapons and accessories such as a the sword, a shield with weathering effect, two pairs of Wonder Woman’s signature “Bracelets of Submissions”, her “Lasso of Truth”, bullet sparkling effects, and a specially designed Justice League themed figure stand.
    -
    This Deluxe Version will specially include an additional black colored hooded robe, a leather-like dark brown colored cross-body belt and an Amazonian Mother Box offering greater display flexibility for the fan-favorite “Warrior Princess”!
    -

-

Product Features

• 11.40 inches (29cm)
    • Made of plastic
    • Authentic and detailed likeness of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman in Justice League
    • Head sculpt with movie-accurate facial expression, make-up, and gold colored tiara
    • Long curly dark brown real fabric hair implantation
    • Body with over 17 points of articulations
    • Extra deluxe accessories

Re: Hot Toys Wonder Woman Justice League1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

And this is what it looks like when your wallet is double penetrated.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

The head sculpt is impressive. The price seems pretty high. How much does the DC licence jack up the price for one of these figures?
    More of my work can be found at One Sixth Arsenal

Somewhere between sturgis & warehouse 13 SD

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    And this is what it looks like when your wallet is double penetrated.

Yep I think 2018 is going to a very expensive year.

i bet people will regret the last one if the sculpt on this is like the photos. imo, the sculpt looks a million times better. hopefully they come down in price, because even for who she is...i dont see 227 dollars being very feasible/practical. she'd have to have a phicen body for me to pay that much, but that's just me. if anything i see the head being popular on its own, and hopefully we get good knockoffs like we have with Scarlett johansson, so there can be many opportunities to bash up gadot as the IDF babe she is.
    Hail Cobra!

Quote Originally Posted by BADDOG-787 View Post
    Yep I think 2018 is going to a very expensive year.
    --

We posted/said that about 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 . . .
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by shazzdan View Post
    The head sculpt is impressive. The price seems pretty high. How much does the DC licence jack up the price for one of these figures?
    It's not a DC thing – it's the going rate for licensed Hot Toys these days, unfortunately!
    I will definitely PO this versions as I missed out on the BvS versions thankfully... but I really want Cyborg, Aquaman and Flash too!!! (I'd buy a JK Simmons Commissioner Gordon too, if you're listening HT)

So there are two different Headsculpts now ? Could be nice to see the new one next to the old one Only new paint job, or is there a sculpted difference ?

Will pre-order mines this week end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephiane View Post
    So there are two different Headsculpts now ? Could be nice to see the new one next to the old one Only new paint job, or is there a sculpted difference ?
    Try here...

Hot Toys Justice League 1/6 Wonder Woman

With the Black Friday sales for getting christmas presents for family, and forcing a budget on this MUST-Have offering, I'll be very broke!!!

It's a quirk of OSW that the "announcement" posts in the Front Page News section, like this one with all the pics Hot Toys Justice League 1/6 Wonder Woman spark little or no discussion, and later there's a thread in the General Discussion that catches on.

Looks like I (and others) called it right a couple of months back:
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    .Thankfully there's a JL version coming, and we already know WW's actual costume can't change that much. If the poor articulation of this one hurts sales they'll get her right the second time around. If it doesn't they'll still upgrade the JL version to get people to buy both.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ephiane View Post
    Description on Sideshow's pre-order says it's "newly painted." With previous figures that has meant its the same exact sculpt but with different paint. That may strike a nerve initially but hopefully it also means this sculpt will fit perfectly on the first offering's body.
    "Be sad! Be glad! Be neither! Seek, or shun!
    Thou hast no reason why! Thou canst have none;
    Thy being's being is a contradiction." S.T. Coleridge

It’s the same HS as the Training Armor Version. If you look closely at her upper hair line, you can see the sculpted hair beneath the air. I only hope this gets fixed BEFORE it gets released.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker2011 View Post
    It’s the same HS as the Training Armor Version. If you look closely at her upper hair line, you can see the sculpted hair beneath the air. I only hope this gets fixed BEFORE it gets released.
    Does anyone here have both the BVS WW and the TA WW? And if yes, can you effectively swap the heads?

The TA WW isn’t available yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker2011 View Post
    The TA WW isn’t available yet.
    My bad. I haven't been following that figure's release date et.

It's a quirk of OSW that the "announcement" posts in the Front Page News section, like this one with all the pics Hot Toys Justice League 1/6 Wonder Woman spark little or no discussion, and later there's a thread in the General Discussion that catches on.
    Probably because most members do what I do and have the forums bookmarked instead of the front page. I've never looked at the News section.
    Last edited by shazzdan; 11-15-2017 at 02:36.
    More of my work can be found at One Sixth Arsenal

^me too.

Isn't anyone else worried that the final product, particularly the headsculpt, isn't going to look like the pictures...AGAIN?

Quote Originally Posted by brazybear View Post
    ^me too.

Isn't anyone else worried that the final product, particularly the headsculpt, isn't going to look like the pictures...AGAIN?
    Not me, but that is because I don't have the previous version

Quote Originally Posted by dario2739 View Post
    It's not a DC thing – it's the going rate for licensed Hot Toys these days, unfortunately!
    I will definitely PO this versions as I missed out on the BvS versions thankfully... but I really want Cyborg, Aquaman and Flash too!!! (I'd buy a JK Simmons Commissioner Gordon too, if you're listening HT)
    Gordon will probably be toy fair exclusive, it's the fate of secondary/tertiary characters. I'm waiting for next year's Aquaman, hopefully he has full body tattoos(is it me or JL Aquaman seems to have molded clothing?)

Finally! A new and improved WW figure worthy of purchase! I don't think my blood pressure can take more of looking at pics of the horrendous BVS WW sculpt!
    "If symptoms persist... insult your doctor."

The stern/tense look is pretty cool. Still looks like her, without looking as bland.

Probably because most members do what I do and have the forums bookmarked instead of the front page. I've never looked at the News section.
    This.
    "Peace through superior firepower".

Quote Originally Posted by masamune View Post
    Not me, but that is because I don't have the previous version
    --

Very fortunate for you.

Yeah, I'm the same way. But it's worth remembering to check Front Page at least once in a while because there isn't usually much discussion there but there can be useful info. For example this JL WW was there, 3 days before here, with a full 38 picture promo post, and with quickly posted comparison pics. And if Baddog hadn't seen her at BBTS and started this thread, the info delay would have been longer. I.e, Front Page News ain't useless.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

HT's flawless planning when they know, for sure, they're going to be doing multiple versions of a character in a relatively short term:

1) BvS WW: poor-ish sculpt, other problems
    2) TA WW: much nicer sculpt and no tiara, but very scene-specific with short sculpted hair which isn't the Gadot most people will want
    3) JL WW repeats the nicer sculpt and uses fabric hair but we're back to a non-removable tiara
    4? Somebody someday will be buying his 4th HT WW when they make one with the nicer sculpt, the fabric hair, but with no tiara or a removable tiara.

HT plans ahead.

HT's flawless planning when they know, for sure, they're going to be doing multiple versions of a character in a relatively short term:

1) BvS WW: poor-ish sculpt, other problems
    2) TA WW: much nicer sculpt and no tiara, but very scene-specific with short sculpted hair which isn't the Gadot most people will want
    3) JL WW repeats the nicer sculpt and uses fabric hair but we're back to a non-removable tiara
    4? Somebody someday will be buying his 4th HT WW when they make one with the nicer sculpt, the fabric hair, but with no tiara or a removable tiara.

HT plans ahead.
    I agree with you 100%. And BVS WW's tiara pops right off sculpt without any effort. Tiara is a thin but very study peice of flexible plastic that Hot Toys could easily turn into a detachable accessory. But such a figure would satisfy too many collector's needs at once and prevent folks from buying versions 2, 3, 4 and so on.

And as someone who did PRE-ORDER the BVS figure; WAAAAIIIITTTTTED for it; kept the figure even though it is a "poor-ish" sculpt; bashed (the **** out of) the sculpt till it was able to be used for a custom figure - it's really hard to get excited about HTs future WW releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Comicsrcoll78 View Post
    And as someone who did PRE-ORDER the BVS figure; WAAAAIIIITTTTTED for it; kept the figure even though it is a "poor-ish" sculpt; bashed (the **** out of) the sculpt till it was able to be used for a custom figure - it's really hard to get excited about HTs future WW releases.
    Bro, I hear you and I agree. Because I didn't buy BvS WW or TA WW, my disappointment is more theoretical than yours, still the whole WW thing turned me off HT a bit, especially in a year where my real pleasures were from DAM Gangster Kingdom, some Phicen/TBLs, and 3A Judge Dredd. In fairness though I thought HT Dr Strange was just about perfect so there's hope for HT yet.