Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hot Toys Wonder Woman Justice League1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Re: Hot Toys Wonder Woman Justice League1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    Bro, I hear you and I agree. Because I didn't buy BvS WW or TA WW, my disappointment is more theoretical than yours, still the whole WW thing turned me off HT a bit, especially in a year where my real pleasures were from DAM Gangster Kingdom, some Phicen/TBLs, and 3A Judge Dredd. In fairness though I thought HT Dr Strange was just about perfect so there's hope for HT yet.
    I agree with you again. The Hot Toys Purple Coat Joker figure is also one of their best ever made. Outside of them being ruthlessly greedy, the HTS WW efforts have me confused (for lack of a better word). And it's serverly changed my opinion about their products.
    "Be sad! Be glad! Be neither! Seek, or shun!
    Thou hast no reason why! Thou canst have none;
    Thy being's being is a contradiction." S.T. Coleridge

The tuxedo joker was a masterpiece imo.

But this is par for the course for HT- make multiple versions of the same character with often only minor differences. The worst was the Vision figures where the difference was the wristbands i think.

However unscrupulous you find this practice, it’s still based off supply and demand. If this was an unsuccessful practice they wouldn’t keep doing it. So fault lies with the consumers (you and me, and everyone else) as much as it does w/ HT.

WTH google? It said JL is 2 hours & 50 minutes long, I watched & stayed for its post credit scenes and it barely reached 2 hours. Did google already got the extended version's runtime? XD

Commissioner Gordon only appeared to call Batman btw(Martha Kent has more screen time than him), like the scene already shown in trailers so he definitely will become toy fair exclusive if he ever got made. Only the Justice League has substantial screen time.

Quote Originally Posted by tofanpw View Post
    WTH google? It said JL is 2 hours & 50 minutes long, I watched & stayed for its post credit scenes and it barely reached 2 hours. Did google already got the extended version's runtime? XD

Commissioner Gordon only appeared to call Batman btw(Martha Kent has more screen time than him), like the scene already shown in trailers so he definitely will become toy fair exclusive if he ever got made. Only the Justice League has substantial screen time.
    The 2hr runtime has been widely reported tbh.
    Not seen the movie yet (tomorrow night for me) – but I think they edited out a few scenes, so maybe Gordon did have other scenes that are on the cutting room floor.

See eg this article: Justice League Runtime Had to Be Under 2 Hours by WB Mandate | Collider: saying that "The “mandate” of sorts came in the wake of the bloated 151-minute runtime of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice—which also has an “Ultimate Edition” that runs a full 30 minutes longer." I'm sure that the commercial hit suffered by Blade Runner 2049 for its runtime also factored in the decision. Commercially, length is a double whammy in the theatrical run not only because audiences are negative about some 3 hrs movies, but also theatres can have fewer showings in one day.

The article suggests that an "extended version" may be unlikely. There's lots of cut material and there were much longer versions of the film, but that was Snyder before they brought in Whedon and made the film's tone more like the Wonder Woman movie, so cut stuff probably can't be reintegrated. There should be abundant deleted scenes though -- whether any of those would lead to HT figures may be unlikely.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

I just hope Whedon was able to make a better movie out of Snyder’s mess. That guy has an interesting visual style, but he’s a s#$t director.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker2011 View Post
    I just hope Whedon was able to make a better movie out of Snyder’s mess. That guy has an interesting visual style, but he’s a s#$t director.
    He did, it kinda made the movie a bit weird continuity-wise, like there's a semi-reboot that changed the personality of Batman(he's no longer dark & gritty) & Superman(become more like his cartoon counterpart). Whedon's effect is pretty apparent with Flash, he's a total comic relief. This movie need an extended cut, I felt like the pacing is too quick or uneven & the story lacking some details. :/

Also, WW has no robe nor came into contact with Amazonian Motherbox so the deluxe version isn't movie accurate, just for bonus collectibles.