Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EBAY - Beware when checkout

Re: EBAY - Beware when checkout

Quote Originally Posted by shazzdan View Post
    "Free" doesn't mean "if we sell it too cheap, we can add an arbitrary amount for shipping to make up the shortfall." When a listing says ""FREE Economy Shipping from China/Hong Kong/Taiwan to worldwide", there is no ambiguity.
    Absolutely right, and it would be hard to respect any seller who says differently. I think it's right as said above that the corrupting influence on sellers is to try to recoup monies if they think the item sold too cheaply. It's not all that easy to withdraw items that seem to be going low, since a) next auction buyers may be able to determine if you've done that too much, and not bid; b) EBay may eventually take issue with it; and c) so often all the auction activity is in the last minute anyway.

I once had an auction go wrong for the seller where by some accident I won a 1/4 Diamond Select James Kirk for $2. I knew the seller, and I offered to re-settle up paying him more money, but he wouldn't hear of it and took my $2. That's the kind of guy you want to deal with.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

I've noticed another way these guys cheat on Ebay. They will use a second account to bid up their own items until everyone else stops bidding and then retract their last bid so that the next-highest bidder wins the auction - paying a lot more than if the owner wasn't participating in the bidding.
    More of my work can be found at One Sixth Arsenal

Until now, no new invoice nor reply from seller starshop*2012. I can conclude that this seller starshop*2012 is just a simply bad eBayer. Dishonest and fraudulent seller. I called eBay again and reported him. Negative feedback will be left soon.

If you guys having problem with him, just report to eBay and leave negative feedback. Don't waste time with this kind of person and he's not the only one who sells 1/6.

Hi everyone,
    Well, it's not really an update to my last story but a whole new story. It's very similar but maybe a little more interesting.
    I won an auction today, from a Canadian seller from Brampton. I think it's the worst Canadian seller I've seen in my eBay live.
    I didn't pay instantly after auction ended.
    Original shipping cost: $16.41 CAD

I checked back few minutes later. The seller sent me a new invoice with shipping cost $25.00 CAD. HaHaHa! Crazy enough for a Canadian seller to a Canadian buyer. With sales taxes applying to final amount. HeHeHe.

I sent him message asking to change to shipping cost. No reply after 2 hours. I sent message again. And there the same scenario, the (supposed) assistant answered that he will contact his (supposed) boss. Does he have to contact his boss for this because the boss doesn't have access to his eBay? Who has sent me the new invoice then.
    Next, one hour later, the (supposed) assistant messaged me saying to pay the whole amount then they will refund me $9.00 after that. So I made the whole payment, then asked for the balance refund. They replied me saying that they will refund after shipping the package on Thursday. (To be continued).

I know there are some worst sellers over there, but that was my new case.

See you next time.

Never buy from starshop*2012.
    I ordered three items from them and none of them have arrived. I got a refund from eBay for one of the items and will hopefully be refunded for the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    I ordered three items from them and none of them have arrived. I got a refund from eBay for one of the items and will hopefully be refunded for the other two.
    Oh no! I just bought a VC body from them last night!

Quote Originally Posted by hamtata View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Well, it's not really an update to my last story but a whole new story. It's very similar but maybe a little more interesting.
    I won an auction today, from a Canadian seller from Brampton. I think it's the worst Canadian seller I've seen in my eBay live.
    I didn't pay instantly after auction ended.
    Original shipping cost: $16.41 CAD

I checked back few minutes later. The seller sent me a new invoice with shipping cost $25.00 CAD. HaHaHa! Crazy enough for a Canadian seller to a Canadian buyer. With sales taxes applying to final amount. HeHeHe.

I sent him message asking to change to shipping cost. No reply after 2 hours. I sent message again. And there the same scenario, the (supposed) assistant answered that he will contact his (supposed) boss. Does he have to contact his boss for this because the boss doesn't have access to his eBay? Who has sent me the new invoice then.
    Next, one hour later, the (supposed) assistant messaged me saying to pay the whole amount then they will refund me $9.00 after that. So I made the whole payment, then asked for the balance refund. They replied me saying that they will refund after shipping the package on Thursday. (To be continued).

I know there are some worst sellers over there, but that was my new case.

See you next time.
    --

Why did you bother?

Was it an item you wanted that bad?
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    --

Why did you bother?

Was it an item you wanted that bad?
    Honestly, there was no toy or product I badly wanted. They are just toys in every ways. But beside that, there's other thing. The human side. To discover how dishonest a person would be, how dishonest a seller would be. And just for few dollars they exchanged for their reputation. To cancel a transaction is so easy and the game will end there.

Honestly, there was no toy or product I badly wanted. They are just toys in every ways. But beside that, there's other thing. The human side. To discover how dishonest a person would be, how dishonest a seller would be. And just for few dollars they exchanged for their reputation. To cancel a transaction is so easy and the game will end there.
    --

Your response reminds me of an evil Mr. Rogers.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    --

Your response reminds me of an evil Mr. Rogers.
    Ah... Rogers.

By the way, this dishonest Canadian seller is swordsforyou on eBay

Four times ID change since his debut.

The item was
    DID - 1/6 scale - Prime Minister of United Kingdom - Winston Churchill K80090/CO | eBay

So I asked for cancelling since it's a bad eBayer. I don't know, maybe he will send me a brick. So never trust this sh*t in Canada.

So beware to deal with him. The item may be listed.

swordsforyou

swordsforyou

Ah... Rogers.

By the way, this dishonest Canadian seller is swordsforyou on eBay

Four times ID change since his debut.

The item was
    DID - 1/6 scale - Prime Minister of United Kingdom - Winston Churchill K80090/CO | eBay

So I asked for cancelling since it's a bad eBayer. I don't know, maybe he will send me a brick. So never trust this sh*t in Canada.

So beware to deal with him. The item may be listed.
    [FONT="]

swordsforyou

[/FONT]

[FONT="]swordsforyou
    [/FONT]
    Outside of this experience: This looks like a great figure. I've never collected any DID figures. But this looks cool/well made and I hear several good things about this company.
    "Be sad! Be glad! Be neither! Seek, or shun!
    Thou hast no reason why! Thou canst have none;
    Thy being's being is a contradiction." S.T. Coleridge

Quote Originally Posted by Comicsrcoll78 View Post
    Outside of this experience: This looks like a great figure. I've never collected any DID figures. But this looks cool/well made and I hear several good things about this company.
    --

Their execution is lacking at times and their pricing doesn't always equal what is being offered for a company of their stature.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by martian View Post
    Oh no! I just bought a VC body from them last night!
    starshop*2012 emailed that they do not have the item and offered a refund or change of item. I have asked for the refund. Will check that they refund the right amount.