Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 268

Thread: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Started Painting Too..

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Swansea S.Wales.UK.Irish by birth
    Posts
    11,386

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    Sorry, been playing with guns and waiting for Lego..
    Had a major influx of Lego today but still waiting for some more to arrive:

    Some arrived in a Budweiser box which made me laugh:





    New and now paired off (this excludes the already paired off parts that are still attached to the Styrofoam):



    Waiting to be paired off hopefully..



    Lots more work...ugh..



    Some cool armour that is unexpectedly good for 1/6! Wraiths?



    Some cool looking mele weapons:



    Finished my "Tin Man":







    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Swansea S.Wales.UK.Irish by birth
    Posts
    11,386

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    I just noticed my Shotgun Armour looks like he's really excited! LOL.
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    East Anglia, UK
    Posts
    21,683

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    Looks like you might get something useful out of all that Lego. In my day you had brick shaped bricks and made the best of it.

    After seeing the movie I am sorely tempted to get a Kotobukiya Wonder Woman...

    CHEERS!

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Swansea S.Wales.UK.Irish by birth
    Posts
    11,386

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    We're around the same age Roger....lol. The Wonder Woman movie? Yeah I thoroughly enjoyed that, I hadn't realized it was all from Greek mythology which made it a lot more fun for me, I guess all the USA patriotic costume colours confused the hell out of me, still do tbh, she should just be white and silver with a bit of blue (...hmm custom build?).
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,036

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    Man! That parts pile really gets me psyched! I don't know about the rest of you, but sometimes I think Lego and 1/6 were made for each other. Lol.
    This project looks great! Haven't seen Spiderman Homecoming yet but I am going to find it on Amazon or Vudu so I can get up to speed.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Swansea S.Wales.UK.Irish by birth
    Posts
    11,386

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pontiacivan View Post
    Man! That parts pile really gets me psyched! I don't know about the rest of you, but sometimes I think Lego and 1/6 were made for each other. Lol.
    This project looks great! Haven't seen Spiderman Homecoming yet but I am going to find it on Amazon or Vudu so I can get up to speed.
    Certainly for the mechanical type of builds I enjoy, the Lego parts really help things actally function like on my Punisher MECH! I still think HT nicked my fully encased figure idea from that for their revised Hulk Buster 1/6 figure!
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    East Anglia, UK
    Posts
    21,683

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    Quote Originally Posted by shovelchop81 View Post
    We're around the same age Roger....lol. The Wonder Woman movie? Yeah I thoroughly enjoyed that, I hadn't realized it was all from Greek mythology which made it a lot more fun for me, I guess all the USA patriotic costume colours confused the hell out of me, still do tbh, she should just be white and silver with a bit of blue (...hmm custom build?).
    Initially, Wonder Woman was more than likely only intended for the US market (DC's answer to Captain America maybe.), hence the patriotic costume. Gal's was probably designed to have a more global appeal.

    CHEERS!

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Swansea S.Wales.UK.Irish by birth
    Posts
    11,386

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    Done loads of dremelling even had to go over all the previously cut parts to cut off all the connector nubs to work with the steel tubing, you can see with my quick little test there that the feathers' will be connected by their universal joints (of a sort) which in turn will be connected to the wing's superstructure as shown, a bit like a curtain rail.







    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    East Anglia, UK
    Posts
    21,683

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    Let's hope it's not curtains for the project!

    CHEERS!

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Swansea S.Wales.UK.Irish by birth
    Posts
    11,386

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerbee View Post
    Let's hope it's not curtains for the project!

    CHEERS!
    Dear oh dear, Roger... scrapping the barrel I see! I will raise the curtains to a great figure instead!

    Do you have internet explorer and is yours working? Mine seems to have gone on the blink and I can't get you tube to play properly on Firefox, any recommendations for flash drivers aside from Adobe Acrobat for win7?
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    East Anglia, UK
    Posts
    21,683

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    Internet Explorer!? Yeuch! I've been using Firefox and Waterfox for years. When I went 64 bit, Waterfox was the mainstay, then I found that they had made Firefox 64 bit so I switched to that. I could always get YouTube to play on whatever I had. There is a proper Flash extension for Firefox, do you have it installed?

    Press Ctrl Shift A (Or the jigsaw piece icon if you have one.) and you'll bring up your add on's menu so you can see what you have under plug-ins.

    Have fun

    CHEERS!

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Swansea S.Wales.UK.Irish by birth
    Posts
    11,386

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    Yeah I think Explorer is slowly spluttering and fizzling out.. I turned off the auto HD setting which was mucking up the videos on firefox and running on 360ish which could be better as it still feels a bit jerky, perhaps that's because I'm still on 32bit? To upgrade to 64 I need a new motherboard I think as well as new Windows so screw that, got this PC from a skip so can't complain! I did enable You Tube video enhancer in the add-on section so we'll see if that helps...

    Anyway on with the build... a bit of shear madness this morning size wise! I had to dig out loads of Styrofoam boards to make a rigid support base then put the actual Styrofoam I'm pining to on top of that so all the black gaffer tape doesn't interfere with how the parts layout looks, confusing it basically. As you'll see below the wing are now going to be much bigger!! I also inserted a space for the main "body" of the wings' backpack and pilot. I've only done the left side so far as I'm still waiting on parts to arrive, I'll need to file down the cuts on the steel tubes, and cut them in half too so I can start attaching reinforced hinges. I'll probably need to cut out channels in the top of the lower feather parts to insert and glue in the upper feather parts as as you can see many of them are now made from two or more parts each.















    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Swansea S.Wales.UK.Irish by birth
    Posts
    11,386

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    Just missing the black set of 20? joint connectors now, otherwise both sides of the wings now layed out, I had to squeeze in a couple more parts either side as it turned out I had more pairs than I thought. You can also see I've been giving the back of the wings some thought in the pic with grey/silver parts laid out as the back of the pack and trunks of the wings, the black fins will clip onto the five identical feathers (+ one next to them) on both wings and face towards the back to add a bit of visual 3D and look like tail-fins or ailerons. Remember this will all be painted matte black with some dark olive drab and silver weathering, should look very menacing when posed right hopefully! Can't be arsed with cutting more steel today so I'll probably do it tomorrow to compete with the bastard builders!!







    Next to 1/6 Iron Man figures to give you an idea of scale.





    More aeronautic type bits that could be used later..flaps, vents etc..

    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    East Anglia, UK
    Posts
    21,683

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    That's quite a span, you seem to be of the build first, worry where to put it later, school of design.

    CHEERS!

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Augusta, Ga.
    Posts
    9,265

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    Watching this one with great interest, Chop.

    That's a lot of stuff on those wings.

    "To infinity...and beyond."

    Whoops...wrong mechanically winged movie hero.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Swansea S.Wales.UK.Irish by birth
    Posts
    11,386

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerbee View Post
    That's quite a span, you seem to be of the build first, worry where to put it later, school of design.

    CHEERS!
    Er... I've spent hours mapping all the wings out, I'm not sure what you're talking about for this build, other builds sure but a lot of thought has gone into this one. It's more like get parts then worry where to put them later on..

    Quote Originally Posted by dadrab View Post
    Watching this one with great interest, Chop.

    That's a lot of stuff on those wings.

    "To infinity...and beyond."

    Whoops...wrong mechanically winged movie hero.
    LOL, might work on a Gundam but otherwise not very space worthy! Well not very atmosphere worthy either but that's Marvel for you!
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    5,394

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    Quote Originally Posted by shovelchop81 View Post
    Definitely one of those "something starts to take shape, emerging from the apparent chaos" mid-work pictures.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    East Anglia, UK
    Posts
    21,683

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    Quote Originally Posted by shovelchop81 View Post
    Er... I've spent hours mapping all the wings out, I'm not sure what you're talking about for this build, other builds sure but a lot of thought has gone into this one. It's more like get parts then worry where to put them later on..



    LOL, might work on a Gundam but otherwise not very space worthy! Well not very atmosphere worthy either but that's Marvel for you!
    I mean where you'll put it when it's finished. You'll have to make quite a gap to fit it on a shelf, unless you hang it from the ceiling...

    CHEERS!

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Swansea S.Wales.UK.Irish by birth
    Posts
    11,386

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    Definitely one of those "something starts to take shape, emerging from the apparent chaos" mid-work pictures.
    Glad you can see it shaping up, folks said "what are all those lego bits for?" when they saw the plan for the wings tacked down on Styrofoam... .

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerbee View Post
    I mean where you'll put it when it's finished. You'll have to make quite a gap to fit it on a shelf, unless you hang it from the ceiling...

    CHEERS!
    Aha! Totally misunderstood you there, thought you meant I had no idea what I was doing (I have a vague idea! ) but yes I plan to hang him from the ceiling with War Machine Vengeance armour.

    Found out why the steel was so hard to cut through, it's covered in chrome paint which is slippery as hell! I'll be filing that off first next time I cut it! Also other paint wouldn't adhere to it either, it's like Teflon.

    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    East Anglia, UK
    Posts
    21,683

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    Used to do it with my Airfix kits, many, many years ago, vintage ones my Dad built for me, they were up way into the 90's. Ordered my Kotobukiya Wonder Woman, she's coming from Ireland so I should have her before the end of the week, no idea where to put her. Might unbox her for pics and then put her back, just have to see...

    CHEERS!

  21. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Swansea S.Wales.UK.Irish by birth
    Posts
    11,386

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerbee View Post
    Used to do it with my Airfix kits, many, many years ago, vintage ones my Dad built for me, they were up way into the 90's. Ordered my Kotobukiya Wonder Woman, she's coming from Ireland so I should have her before the end of the week, no idea where to put her. Might unbox her for pics and then put her back, just have to see...

    CHEERS!
    If you don't even have space to display a 1/12 figure you REALLY need to move, no excuse now!
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

  22. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    East Anglia, UK
    Posts
    21,683

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    She's 1/6 actually and stands on a fair sized base. Well, they say 1/6, but, Koto's have always been a teeny tad on the small side. She looked so good I couldn't resist.

    CHEERS!

  23. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Swansea S.Wales.UK.Irish by birth
    Posts
    11,386

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    Oh yea, missed that, got two myself, a Vader on Lava and a Darth Maul. Used some of the Crazy Toys copies for builds too. Ordered four more disc joints and finally managed to order that pair of wing parts I've been after, also some black Dylon for this webbing/harness.

    x4 altogether.



    x2

    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

  24. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    East Anglia, UK
    Posts
    21,683

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    That just doesn't look like Lego to me, they've taken a little of the imagination away now. It used to be 'How can I make that!?' now it's 'There's a piece for that.'.

    Wonder Woman is supposed to be 1/6, the ones you have always were 1/7 as far as I know.

    CHEERS!

  25. #85
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Swansea S.Wales.UK.Irish by birth
    Posts
    11,386

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    It's just a subgroup of lego, an offshoot called Bionicle... you know that already. They're posable action figures no houses or vehicles, lego technics always had dedicated parts too and that goes way back to when we were kids. Not even sure why I'm arguing lego's case here, I don't collect it as lego just useful stuff for builds but if Bionicles didn't exist where would I get all these funky parts from? I'd probably have to make moulds of bits and bobs to get multiples which would really hamper the build time wise and probably end up being more expensive as casting isn't cheap especially when you factor in rejects, moulds getting knackered after maybe four of five castings of complicated parts etc..
    Last edited by shovelchop81; 11-01-2017 at 05:46.
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

  26. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Swansea S.Wales.UK.Irish by birth
    Posts
    11,386

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    Tightened and reinforced four more disk joints, going to have to pull apart an old PC or something to get more bolts ad washers for the rest, run out of ones that fit and even they need to be hacksawed down. Dremelled grooves in the upper parts of the lower feathers, then ground down the tips of the bottoms of the upper feathers (that way glue can bond to a rough surface as well making the connection stronger) and glued them together adding the tail fins so they point back in the correct direction. Loads more filing to do... did a bit of work preparing the main body for multiple attachments, joints and to hold itself together.















    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

  27. #87
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    East Anglia, UK
    Posts
    21,683

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    Quote Originally Posted by shovelchop81 View Post
    It's just a subgroup of lego, an offshoot called Bionicle... you know that already. They're posable action figures no houses or vehicles, lego technics always had dedicated parts too and that goes way back to when we were kids. Not even sure why I'm arguing lego's case here, I don't collect it as lego just useful stuff for builds but if Bionicles didn't exist where would I get all these funky parts from? I'd probably have to make moulds of bits and bobs to get multiples which would really hamper the build time wise and probably end up being more expensive as casting isn't cheap especially when you factor in rejects, moulds getting knackered after maybe four of five castings of complicated parts etc..
    That is true, but they're still not what I grew up with. Couldn't believe the prices of some of the sets, I think it was something like £450 for a Death Star! Mind you, had a bit of a moment this morning. I saw the HT Harley Quinn, my first thought when I was in front of her was '£300!?'. My next one, thankfully when I'd left the building, was 'I could chip & pin that!'. Thankfully, I do have more willpower than that, but, it would have been SO easy to have gone back and done just that.

    I'm going to have to be careful in future...

    CHEERS!

  28. #88
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    East Anglia, UK
    Posts
    21,683

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    Quote Originally Posted by shovelchop81 View Post
    Tightened and reinforced four more disk joints, going to have to pull apart an old PC or something to get more bolts ad washers for the rest, run out of ones that fit and even they need to be hacksawed down. Dremelled grooves in the upper parts of the lower feathers, then ground down the tips of the bottoms of the upper feathers (that way glue can bond to a rough surface as well making the connection stronger) and glued them together adding the tail fins so they point back in the correct direction. Loads more filing to do... did a bit of work preparing the main body for multiple attachments, joints and to hold itself together.
    Mmm, taking shape...

    CHEERS!

  29. #89
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Swansea S.Wales.UK.Irish by birth
    Posts
    11,386

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Wings Cut Down & Leg Armour.

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerbee View Post
    That is true, but they're still not what I grew up with. Couldn't believe the prices of some of the sets, I think it was something like £450 for a Death Star! Mind you, had a bit of a moment this morning. I saw the HT Harley Quinn, my first thought when I was in front of her was '£300!?'. My next one, thankfully when I'd left the building, was 'I could chip & pin that!'. Thankfully, I do have more willpower than that, but, it would have been SO easy to have gone back and done just that.

    I'm going to have to be careful in future...

    CHEERS!
    Yeah but where would you put her! I've now got a disturbing image of you sleeping with a Harley Quinn figure!

    Loads more dremelling, trimming and supergluing done...







    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

  30. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    East Anglia, UK
    Posts
    21,683

    Re: Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Building Giant Machanical Feathers..

    Right now, I would leave her where I found her and I'll have many more things I'll need to spend that kind of money on. WW was a final treat, or should be...

    CHEERS!

Similar Threads

  1. Spider-Man: Homecoming
    By Spartan Rex in forum Loose Bits (Off Topic)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-28-2017, 13:57

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Started Painting Too..
Vulture From Spider-Man Homecoming WIP Started Painting Too..
KGHobby...Click Here!
Urban Samurai Hobbies...Click Here!
Vlad's Toys...Click Here!
BlackOps Toys...Click Here!
HobbyLink Japan...Click Here!
Cotswold Collectibles...Click Here!
The ToySource...Click Here!
Big Bad Toy Store...Click Here!
Timewalker Toys...Click Here!
ToyWiz...Click Here!
Nouveau Toys...Click Here!
ToyWiz...Click Here!
Hot Toys...Click Here!
Hot Toys...Click Here!