Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Mr.Z Real Animal Series No.17 1/6th Scale German Hanoverian Warmblood Horse

Mr.Z Real Animal Series No.17 1/6th Scale German Hanoverian Warmblood Horse

Mr.Z Real Animal Series No.17
    1:6 Scale German Hanoverian Warmblood Horse Statue in 5 Colors
    Materials: New MOS Resin (Polystone), Leather, Metal
    Accessories: Body and Harness
    Size: 37 cm x 33 cm x 12 cm
    Weight: 2,3 Kg
    Tiere - Seite 2 - S.P.A.C.E - space-figuren.de
    Mr.Z Real Animal Series No.17 1/6th Scale German Hanoverian Warmblood Horse-14525_6-jpg
    Mr.Z Real Animal Series No.17 1/6th Scale German Hanoverian Warmblood Horse-14526_3-jpg
    Mr.Z Real Animal Series No.17 1/6th Scale German Hanoverian Warmblood Horse-14527_6-jpg
    Mr.Z Real Animal Series No.17 1/6th Scale German Hanoverian Warmblood Horse-14528_6-jpg
    Mr.Z Real Animal Series No.17 1/6th Scale German Hanoverian Warmblood Horse-14529_1-jpg

Re: Mr.Z Real Animal Series No.17 1/6th Scale German Hanoverian Warmblood Horse

Well , looks about the best mass-produced horse so far, and a welcome release.
    There are some things about it which are a little odd.The head is a little strange( admittedly a difficult thing to sculpt well), and there's something not quite right about the chest and its relationship to the front legs.
    It also might be a little small, looking at the pic with the rider up, unless he's a very big figure.
    Horse anatomy is a very subtle business, like human, and there is a lot of variation.
    Despite claiming to be a Hanoverian , it looks to me like an Asian horse.
    Don't like the saddle, which looks like a copy of the one that came with the Japanese officer by DiD.

Will be interested to hear our resident horse enthusiast's opinions....

Agreed on all fronts there! Not perfect but pretty damn close considering what little there is in this scale.
    I think the head looks odd because the noseband sits far too low on the face, which makes the nose look oddly proportioned. Body-wise I'd say it's a little over at the knee, and I'd like to see the feet a wee bit bigger, as well as having a touch more length in the legs, but all and all I think it's definitely the best 1/6 horse out there right now. I really appreciate the fact that it's haired, and the sculpting of the body's hair texture is very well done, especially when it catches the light; it looks like a nice healthy coat - albeit one probably in need of a clip. xD

The tack definitely needs work though, and whoever sets up the photoshoots for them needs to take a look at how actual tack is fitted - the girth placement makes me cringe! XD
    *not a dude*

How tall would you say the horse is?

I don't know if its the figure but the horse looks a little small in picture 4?

Threezero's Game of Thrones "The Hound" was an unfortunate choice to pose on this horse in picture 4, he is much bigger than the average 1/6 figure. Yes, the head is a little off, left front leg is a tiny bit off, labeling it a Hanoverian is a little odd, they are much bigger and classier lines. That being said, this is a really good run of the mill horse for western and military figures, definitely the best mass produced practical horse I have ever seen on the market, and I have them all.

I agree, besides having a back cinch on an english saddle, which would never happen, placing it back in the flank like picture two would result in some unintended bronc riding.

Quote Originally Posted by Delanie View Post
    How tall would you say the horse is?

I don't know if its the figure but the horse looks a little small in picture 4?
    About 16.5 - 17 Hands?

I think this is a good looking horse, but I think that I would spend my money on a pose able horse which I have seen offered with some of the Chinese ancient officer figures, and replace the tack.

Quote Originally Posted by doller View Post
    I think this is a good looking horse, but I think that I would spend my money on a pose able horse which I have seen offered with some of the Chinese ancient officer figures, and replace the tack.
    The articulated seamless horse you mean is - if available loose - around double the price of this one here. One has to decide...

The size of the Hannoverian is indeed not that big as for example the Shire. The police girl in the picture is around 11".
    The horse is around 14,5" / 13" / 5".

The reference regarding 1/6 saddles is:
    Dressage Saddle-Model Horse Tack by Ben's Custom Tack
    But then the stuff is as expensive as the horse itself...

This is the surface of a Horse Furr !!!! Love it ! I try to give the pichen horse a realistic Furr but i will not work. It looks still..... unreal

Mr.Z Real Animal Series No.17 1/6th Scale German Hanoverian Warmblood Horse-d2qeakrg-jpgMr.Z Real Animal Series No.17 1/6th Scale German Hanoverian Warmblood Horse-src5hwu4-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ephiane View Post
    This is the surface of a Horse Furr !!!! Love it ! I try to give the pichen horse a realistic Furr but i will not work. It looks still..... unreal
    Yes, the fine art of 1/6 scale model riding is the horses furr...

and one of the worst solutions I have ever seen is this one:
    accessories for dolls Picture - More Detailed Picture about 1/6 scale Horse model for 12" action figure doll accessories,Horse with Saddle,not include doll and other accessories Picture in Dolls Accessories from Kakctu Store | Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

So are you guys saying the 'hound' figure is actually bigger than the usual 11" to 12"so making the horse seem to be smaller?

I'm thinking that the horse I ride is 16-2 hands tall and I'm 5'10" my feet are much higher.

I love Ben's saddles quite tempted to get one just to tack it up.

The only thing that puts me off apart from the cost is the fact that it is 'polystone' and the shipping cost

Yes. Threezeros Sandor Cleagane (The Hound) is a 13" (~ 1,98m in reality) figure.

The horse looks very nice (I am not familiar enough with them to notice the subtle errors), but for my own collection I do prefer posable horses. I recently acquired the Inflames Toys horse from Jurney (sic) to the West as a standalone and was blown away. Wish they made them in more colors (they seem fixated on white).
    Ephiane, your horses do look very good!

Quote Originally Posted by GubernatorFan View Post
    (they seem fixated on white).
    No, they are not. One in black including two different heads in addition is coming up...

1/6 Scale Zhang Yide with Wuzhui Horse - S.P.A.C.E - space-figuren.de

Thanks Horst! I was referring to what was available out there and many of their recent products have had white horses. Good to know that something else is on the way. I hope that it, too, will be available as a standalone. Not that I don't like Zhang Yide, but the horse is expensive enough by itself.

I hope that it, too, will be available as a standalone.
    I think therefore it is just necessary to be extremely patient...

Patience has never been one of my many talents... and with all the preorders in this hobby, I wonder what I am doing here...

Patience has never been one of my many talents... and with all the preorders in this hobby, I wonder what I am doing here...
    When the first bundle including Tang Monks White Dragon Horse has been available for the first time in Asia I had tried to get the horse loose... absolutely no chance. Today around one year later...

I hear ya... it is glorious though. And if I had more space and money to throw at the hobby, I wouldn't mind buying more of these products and the horse+rider figures, but I've got to draw the line somewhere...

They showed up on ebay for about $165 with shipping included - there were some a bit cheaper, but they sold out. Search "1/6 horse".
    So far I found Cotswald and Hobby Galaxy havea pre-order for $109 plus shipping, due in January (so far):
    German Hanoverian Horse Set (Black)| 1:6 Scale Horses | Mr Z NO17-003
    MR.Z REAL ANIMAL SERIES NO.17 GERMAN HANOVERIAN WARMBLOOD HORSE 1/6 SCALE MODEL (5 COLORS) - Hobby-Galaxy

Lynkhart is right - the bridle nose band and brow band both distort the head. I like the pose - he's standing more like a horse than a dog, like some others did -and the fact there are 5 colors - white, gray, black and a light and a dark bay. We won't know the size for sure until we have some in hand, but I'm hopeful.
    Mark
    "Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way!"
    http://openrange.freeforums.org/