One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Marylin Monroe Star Ace review

Product Review 
3K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Hobby-Galaxy 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the review. I have to disagree though. I don't think it looks like her at all. The jawline and mouth are all wrong, and the eyes are too small. They got the mole right. And the hair. Not the face.

Also, what's with the outfit? Two-part gloves are pretty cheesy, that's the wrong colour pink, and those shoes! They look like they belong on Minnie Mouse.

#4 ·
Michael is being way too <CENSORING>ing generous. He did it with Wonder Woman and now Marilyn Monroe.

Below are my scores using Michael's metrics.

PACKAGING | *** (SAME)

SCULPTING | ** (The sculpt is no Marilyn Monroe. Maybe a sculpt of an impersonator.)

PAINT | **

ARTICULATION | ** 1/2

ACCESSORIES | ** 1/2

OUTFIT | ** 1/2

FUN FACTOR | **

VALUE | *

OVERALL | **

#5 ·
It is her, just not a particularly fortunate sculpt. I have the one that has been released with various outfits (unfortunately mine came by itself), and I like it better. HERE is an example. And while I agree she is beautiful, I have never ever been a fan. I think her most iconic look (simply for being so famous or infamous) would be with the white dress. And this is not it. As Michael pointed out, the colors don't match very well... even Mattel would have done a better job with pink.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.