Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 56

Thread: More Budget Custom Modern Star Wars Builds, Chirrut Imwe & KB20 Explained..

Re: More Budget Custom Modern Star Wars Builds, Chirrut Chelsea Boots done

They would do anything for love, but they won't do that!

CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by rogerbee View Post
    They would do anything for love, but they won't do that!

CHEERS!
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

How the hell does one get hit in the head with a shot put?

Nevermind. I probably don't want to know.

Mighty fine work going on there, Sir Chop.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

You took the words right out of my mouth!

CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by dadrab View Post
    How the hell does one get hit in the head with a shot put?

Nevermind. I probably don't want to know.

Mighty fine work going on there, Sir Chop.
    Cheers! No idea just really unlucky I guess!

You took the words right out of my mouth!

CHEERS!
    Ooh, good one! LOL.

pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Chirrut Imwe and KB20 are done at last, made some custom weathering soil/sand with a mix of dried ground earth, some sand and white plaster. The weather's not very 1/6 photography friendly in Wales at the moment (I think they would have blown away and been pulverized buy the heavy rain..) and my photobooth is packed away right now so it's just poses in the work area I'm afraid but it did allow me to do that classic blind stick fighting Asian farmer/warrior in the moonlight pose!

Re: More Budget Custom Modern Star Wars Builds, Chirrut Imwe & KB20 Finished.

He turned out pretty well in the end. So, what's next!?

CHEERS!

Cheers! going to finish my War Machine Vengeance suit, just getting rid of all the electrics, I did order micro LEDs for it but it's just a pain in the arse for nothing aside from finished pictures, I'll never turn them on again and they nearly made me shelve the build completely. Then back to Wraiths and Sauron etc..

Damn that turned out beautifully!

Superb mate

Victorville, CA. Yeh, the middle of no where.

Very cool! :d

Quote Originally Posted by shovelchop81 View Post
    Cheers! going to finish my War Machine Vengeance suit, just getting rid of all the electrics, I did order micro LEDs for it but it's just a pain in the arse for nothing aside from finished pictures, I'll never turn them on again and they nearly made me shelve the build completely. Then back to Wraiths and Sauron etc..
    Sounds like fun. Still got Clint to do, but, after next week, I'll have all the time in the world to work on him. I've also got my eye on a really nice Creature from the Black Lagoon kit I found tucked away on a UK site, the shop owner reckons it's been sat there for 14 years, not for very much longer!

CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle Munkey View Post
    Damn that turned out beautifully!
    Thanks so much PM!

Quote Originally Posted by scalawag View Post
    Superb mate
    Cheers scalawag!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadshore View Post
    Very cool! :d
    Thank you Broadshore!

Sounds like fun. Still got Clint to do, but, after next week, I'll have all the time in the world to work on him. I've also got my eye on a really nice Creature from the Black Lagoon kit I found tucked away on a UK site, the shop owner reckons it's been sat there for 14 years, not for very much longer!

CHEERS!
    Nice, was going to make an articulated 1/6 version but never got off the ground...

Not a justification but an explanation of my ideas behind KB20 and why he exists in my SW universe at least..

KB20 (Japanese: kabuto= headware/helmet) is my own creation to give him more display options and more of a backstory, KB20 is a 3 in 1 device, in helmet form (based on the Asian rice paddy straw hats that farmers wore and many Asian folklore heroes as farmers became freedom fighters against the Samurai in Japan and the Royal military in China etc.. which is where the Ninja warrior originates from; using simple farming implements as weapons: Rice flails became nun-chucks, Asian sickles became kama, poles became Jo-staffs or hidden swords, even wagon parts were used, wheel nut plates were sharpened into "throwing stars" Shurkien, yoke connectors became Sai etc..) it is a visual aid since he's blind, it has a cybernetic neural connection to his visual cortex in the occipital lobe of his brain, at the front is a panoramic photoreceptor, on the sides and back more photoreceptors in red with the option of a 360 degree field of vision,Green IR emitters for night vision with his front "glasses" being emitters as well and using the photoreceptors as receivers, this information is then turned into electrochemical format like our natural eyes do and fed to the visual cortex. KB20 is also a droid to help with day to day tasks, running errands, delivering messages etc.. and thirdly it will also protect Chirrut in a blaster fight acting as a diversion, mobile and static shield (gauntlet on Chirrut's left arm acts as an emergency charging port as well, the box on his belt is the main droid controller/caller and link to KB20 when they are separated). It also keeps him company and informed of local gossip!

Nice, was going to make an articulated 1/6 version but never got off the ground...
    You could probably do it with the Horizon kit, one of which I do actually have (and won't part with). SSC did one that was quite good.

CHEERS!

Not a justification but an explanation of my ideas behind KB20 and why he exists in my SW universe at least..

KB20 (Japanese: kabuto= headware/helmet) is my own creation to give him more display options and more of a backstory, KB20 is a 3 in 1 device, in helmet form (based on the Asian rice paddy straw hats that farmers wore and many Asian folklore heroes as farmers became freedom fighters against the Samurai in Japan and the Royal military in China etc.. which is where the Ninja warrior originates from; using simple farming implements as weapons: Rice flails became nun-chucks, Asian sickles became kama, poles became Jo-staffs or hidden swords, even wagon parts were used, wheel nut plates were sharpened into "throwing stars" Shurkien, yoke connectors became Sai etc..) it is a visual aid since he's blind, it has a cybernetic neural connection to his visual cortex in the occipital lobe of his brain, at the front is a panoramic photoreceptor, on the sides and back more photoreceptors in red with the option of a 360 degree field of vision,Green IR emitters for night vision with his front "glasses" being emitters as well and using the photoreceptors as receivers, this information is then turned into electrochemical format like our natural eyes do and fed to the visual cortex. KB20 is also a droid to help with day to day tasks, running errands, delivering messages etc.. and thirdly it will also protect Chirrut in a blaster fight acting as a diversion, mobile and static shield (gauntlet on Chirrut's left arm acts as an emergency charging port as well, the box on his belt is the main droid controller/caller and link to KB20 when they are separated). It also keeps him company and informed of local gossip!
    So now we know!

CHEERS!

The Democratic Peoples Republic of England

Re: More Budget Custom Modern Star Wars Builds, Chirrut Imwe & KB20 Explained..

dang that came out good!

You could probably do it with the Horizon kit, one of which I do actually have (and won't part with). SSC did one that was quite good.

CHEERS!
    I won't ask then!! I still want those hobbit bodies to make dwarves though!

So now we know!

CHEERS!
    Well it was more for any lookers/readers who saw it and went "WTF is that?"

Quote Originally Posted by jaztermareal View Post
    dang that came out good!
    Thank you jaz!!

Worry not about the bodies. A clear out is planned for some time next year and you get first dibs on the inventory, which I will PM to you when I know what it contains.

CHEERS!