(Science) Fiction, Fantasy, & Adventure 
2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Pontiacivan 
#1 ·
Hope you get a chuckle...
Motor vehicle Toy R2-d2 Technology Machine
Footwear Boot R2-d2 Soldier Machine

See less See more
#5 ·
:lol That big droid haven't seen Star Wars i bet, otherwise he would know what R2 D2 is capable of!! ;)

:hat
Little Astromech arouse envy, cause he is so clean and with no rust :wink. Great Work again, love Your Comics
Thank you all!
@MEHall, I guess we have to forgive the big guy ( Operational Unit Eight Twelve ) , the little guy is actually R2-A6. I guess he needs to prove himself first.

Plans are to do a repaint when I can figure out how to handle the chrome dome.

#8 ·
I have occasionally referred to Operational Unit Eight Twelve as a Nightmare from Sesame Street. I mean he should talk, right?

I wanted an R2D2 in 1/6 scale so bad I used a plastic GI Joe barrel, the rockets off the Jettison to Safety pack and the bottom of a large plastic Easter egg.

#11 ·
Speaking of 1/6 scale R2-D2, I couldn't wait for the Hot Toys release (and I did not particularly look forward to the exorbitant price) so I went for the Sideshow version, which was phenomenal (and not quite as expensive). Same thing with C3-PO, but of course I managed to break the little pistons while posing it, even if I thought I was being gentle and careful. Now if I could only get those thumbs to face the right way...

#12 ·
I would love to have a higher end set of droids, but I spend too much on Threea stuff. For now my little $8 eBay special will have to satisfy those boyhood dreams. Still better than a plastic rain barrel. Lol.

#13 ·
Funny stuff! Thanks for the laugh at this late hour. This one touched a particular chord with me, but equally because of the big guy on the left. Since I first unboxed them and to this day, my family refuses to refer to my Dropcloth robots by their propername. The name that has in fact stuck with them came from my wife at seeing my Iron Panda for the first time ... "It's a garbot!" Big thumbs up on this one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.