One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Do you have a "perfect collection" in mind?

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  crusader1xxx 
#1 ·
I recently sat down and came up with my "perfect collection" list. This is a list of figures that would form a collection where I would never need another figure again. It would be a set that I could be satisfied with. They had to be figures that I could buy/preorder today OR were within my ability to make myself. I decided to do this to focus on figures that were truly 'important' to me and to limit my spending. I have a terrible habit of thinking about how to create new figures all of the time which makes me spend money on parts. I often later realise that I was never that interested in making the figure, but I just liked the mental challenge of working out how I would build it. So, the "perfect list" would help me focus on the figures that I truly want and stop spending money carelessly chasing every new idea (Sorry, Monkey Depot, I need to stop paying your rent).

Anyways, my perfect collection list ended up being around 80 figures (versus the 300+ figure project ideas I have stored in Evernote). I realized a few things:
- About 60% require customization of some sort
- About 40% require heavy custom work (taking months)
- I already have all of the parts or raw materials that I need for the custom figures - Must stop myself from scanning loose parts store updates every day!
- This will take me over a decade to finish at my current rate. Is it even worth all of that time? (Yes)

So I got some good insight into my hobby and habits. What about you? Do you have a 'perfect collection' in mind? Is there any end in sight to your collection?

(btw, of course I would buy or make new figures in the future if suddenly I become interested in a new thing. But "luckily" I'm getting old so I don't get enthusiastic about as many things anymore)

See less See more
#2 ·
Perfect collection? That is a pipedream i think, my recent collection is mostly females and for the time being i have what i need. But i must say that can change in a flash if i come up with another female character. :think

:hat

#4 ·
i oft think of what would make my collection perfect...then i realize half the stuff doesnt exist, and the other half would cost too much to acquire at the moment. but i guess i could say i do. the list would be too long, but it would include a custom Brian Wilson, Weird AL, and Lindsey Stirling, as well as a slew of dios, and furniture. soon, i suppose i will have to start on atleast one dio.

#6 ·
A perfect collection for me would be all classic Tomb Raider outfits, from the first game to the sixth (Angel of Darkness). From the Legend on, I didn't like it so much, the gameplay was crappy. The reboot just doesn't feel like oldschool fearless Lara Croft. The last 2 games, as games, are simply outstanding, but I don't like the more realistic, whiny Lara. I loved that tough, badass, 0-fuks-giver Lara - Freakin - Croft.

Yeah... I'm that kind of nostalgic guy on this particular series.

#7 ·
Thanks for the answers. Yeah, I guess it depends on how you view collecting in general. There's a way to approach it where it's a simple, pleasurable gentle past time of simply collecting things you like. You see something you like, you get it, that's it. There's no end goal in mind. Then there's something that veers more towards obsession in varying degrees. Like for me, it's this weird desire to have figures based on the properties/media/ideas that I really enjoy and to have them have a certain personal touch to make them my own. Making a list helps me manage it and keep things from getting out of control.

#8 ·
My collection is too much of a mass of different stuff to ever be perfect: British Cold War military, British WW2 Blitz civvies, media-based characters... of the 37 figures I have, all but 5 are kitbashed (and three of them have had tweaks)... It would only be perfect if I stuck to one theme and that was it... but I like chaos :D

#11 ·
almost for me... my focus is Punisher figures (bash and boxset)
still need to bash:
- Checchetto Punisher
- Jim Lee classic suit Punisher
- Lundgren movie Punisher (already got the head)
- 1 really muscled Punisher... :lol

and currently waiting for Hot Toys Punisher... :dancing

#13 ·
I have the perfect collection already.....everything I bought is because I wanted it!

Actually for me it would be one or two figures from each Canadian unit during WW2. Now that would be a collection....that or one of each vehicle used....working towards this....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.