Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Them Thar Dry Bones

Them Thar Dry Bones

HI folks assuming I get my Asmus teen girl soon I'm working on a scene which will need some bones / skeletons etc in 1:6 to be honest they don't have to be fixed together or jointed , just bones. any one have any suggestions?

Also while we are on the subject I'm thinking of getting the "evil Skull" and using it with my Red Death , does anyone know if this is hollow as I would like to add lighted eyes and I'm thinking of space to fit the 2mm leds.

Re: Them Thar Dry Bones

Chicken bones can resemble some human bones in 1/6

Quote Originally Posted by mike45 View Post
    Chicken bones can resemble some human bones in 1/6
    I just took this, a bit blurry but you'll get the idea, rat bones are useful too.Them Thar Dry Bones-2017-09-03-07-28-13-jpgCheers

I bought one of these for the bones and gooey innards. The scale was pretty good and the bones were usable enoug.
    I got mine on closeout at AC Moore, but this is the same item.
    https://t.toysrus.com/product?produc...yABEgLDz_D_BwE

"The Bones Book and Skeleton" was sold in book stores. You can still find it online but be careful because most sellers only sell the book alone- it's a small book that comes in a clear plastic tube type package with a very good skeleton model. It's perfect 1/6 scale and probably the only decent skeleton available in the scale- very realistic. It's softer plastic and snaps together very easily. Attached is a photo but it looks much better than is shown in this photo.

Sean
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Them Thar Dry Bones-f8d7bd4193964d3ad68ad9115538c3a6-bone-books-healthy-kids-jpg  

Tell me ..... what did You see ? This thread may help.

The Democratic Peoples Republic of England

Bones book and skeleton is good (skull ain't so good though), aquarium and vivarium decorations can sometimes work too. I also sell skulls I made too: SkullHunters on Etsy

Those ones Space Crawler showed are good. But they come with those books, so you would end up with a stack of them.

I may have something for you though. I'll send a PM.

Halloween is around the corner. You should check Michael's or Dollar Store. They have 1/6 skeletons figures. A little dusty weathering will do the trick.

Yeah, just cheap rubber skeletons that are around 1/6 would work for a dio, the Bones Book & Skeleton is becoming a collectable in it's own right now a days, getting very hard to find in Europe and very expensive on Amazon etc.. I'd save that for a complete build like I did with my Grave Digger Ghost Rider etc..
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Thanks guys I think I prefer the idea of plastic versus real bones. So think ill keep looking Like you say Halloween us just around the corner
    Last edited by Delanie; 09-14-2017 at 14:01. Reason: Mis type

At Michaels in the US and Canada, also at this site in the UK: TH93596 Tim Holtz Idea-ology™ Boneyard 12 Pkg - Country View Crafts
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

There is a skeleton model for sale at Cotswold Collectibles which seems to be the same one mentioned several times in the response above. Since it is something you put together, you might find it useful for custom sets of bones. Not too expensive either.
    Skeleton Model with Book | 1/6 Scale Male Civilian Bodies | 34

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    At Michaels in the US and Canada, also at this site in the UK: TH93596 Tim Holtz Idea-ology™ Boneyard 12 Pkg - Country View Crafts
    Quote Originally Posted by GubernatorFan View Post
    There is a skeleton model for sale at Cotswold Collectibles which seems to be the same one mentioned several times in the response above. Since it is something you put together, you might find it useful for custom sets of bones. Not too expensive either.
    Skeleton Model with Book | 1/6 Scale Male Civilian Bodies | 34
    Cool useful links guys, thanks!
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

you guys are great thanks!

Some cheap skeletons

The first one is the former 99¢ fully posable skeleton that Dollarama to have, but about ten years ago. Head a bit cartoony, body awesome for the price. I was collecting figures then but I wasn’t doing photoshoots, so I only bought 3 of them. If I could do it again I’d buy at last 30 and I’d do one massive Jason and the Argonauts army.

Second up is the same skeleton from the Book set mentioned above -- just giving you a bit of a better look than the official promo pics. The joints on it are very fragile. Similarly there’s the skeleton that comes from a Visible Man hobby kit but I can’t find mine right now: The Visible Man - YouTube

Bachelor # 3 is a sample of the kind of rubber skeleton that you can generally find in stores now – most are about ¼ scale, but at least this one is 1/6-ish. Might actually look better cut up as bone parts. This one was either “Spirit of Halloween” or Dollarama. Our Bachelorette is a left field choice -- Skelita character from Monster High. The head’s not suitable for anything but a cartoon, but notice that the body actually isn’t bad, maybe a usable background skeleton though only for small or a child. She cost me $2 at the thrift store.

I love these skeletons that Michaels has right now, I think they’re new this year. They aren’t posable but they’re 1/6 and the “religious” poses are great.

The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

Thanks for the photos and links, very helpful review of the options.