Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Choosing a body, difference between build under clothes

Choosing a body, difference between build under clothes

I have never built a custom female figure and only own one Sideshow female that has a bodysuit, so replacing it with a seamless figure would be difficult. All of my male customs are jointed cheap figures but wear long sleeves so it doesn't matter. I am making a custom female with a bodysuit. I am wondering if anyone has examples of the difference between various types of figures in similar clothing to determine if it is worth spending more on a seamless body or if a jointed figure will look fine.

Re: Choosing a body, difference between build under clothes

Do you have a pic of the bodysuit? Or a detailed description of it?
    "Be sad! Be glad! Be neither! Seek, or shun!
    Thou hast no reason why! Thou canst have none;
    Thy being's being is a contradiction." S.T. Coleridge

got to be more specific. what kind of figure are you trying to make, and how big is the bodysuit you are using? also, what kind of head do you plan to use, cause if the sideshow figure is on their DML Eve 2.0 body clone and u want the head to be used, good luck getting any body other than the DML to match. also, any other important facts to note? thanks.
    Hail Cobra!

If you are looking for a bodysuit, I am reminded of a line of bodysuits in different colors produced by Triad Toys a long time ago. I have one of their male ones, but I think there were female ones too. But watch out: Triad Toys clothes have been known to stain plastic and especially rubber bodies, so this might be best if you want to use it as a permanent feature.

I appreciate the responses.

I am making the bodysuit from two existing suits, both the same in different colors.

No idea what head I intend to use, likely a generic female sculpt from Asia, not a licensed Sideshow.

Yes, it would be a permanent outfit for the figure; some of it will likely need to be stitched once it is on the body.

Great job on the custom suit! For a figure where no joints are exposed (hidden by clothing), and will be fixed or permanently displayed in that bodysuit a seamless body isn't a necessity.

I will admit, I am a bit addicted to the seemless bodies. Even for figure where most of the joints are covered, they just have such a natural range of motion, and they fill out the clothes in a way that just looks especially real. Especially if you really enjoy re-posing figures, I admit I just like using the seemless bodies more.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendSpooky View Post
    I will admit, I am a bit addicted to the seemless bodies. Even for figure where most of the joints are covered, they just have such a natural range of motion, and they fill out the clothes in a way that just looks especially real. Especially if you really enjoy re-posing figures, I admit I just like using the seemless bodies more.
    Yeah me to. But if the outfit completely hides the joints, is there a need for s seamless figure? Seamless figures cost more, so why double your cost if not needed?