Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Phicen female bodies stain removal?

Phicen female bodies stain removal?

Is there any way to remove a clothing stain from a Phicen body? I had applied the clothing only briefly and it stained the legs a dark blue! Has anyone had any success restoring their figures once this has happened?

Re: Phicen female bodies stain removal?

It sounds like the stain is pretty bad. I hope you have some luck getting it out. First thing I would do is wash the area with warm water and soap. I would use ordinary bar soap. Maybe someone knows of something better, but bar soap seems good at removing dye and wont harm the figure. The stains probably won't come out, but the soap should possibly remove some dye. You could try treating the area with Oxy 10. The ingredient benzoyl peroxide is supposed to work on stains. Never tried it, but several treatments is supposed to help. As far as I know it should be left on for a while before rinsing. Maybe someone else knows for how long a time. If nothing seems to work or if the staining only gets a little better, in time the stains will lighten. Maybe even disappear. The material seems to absorb stains. This can take a long time. Like several weeks. So don't do anything drastic. The stains could disappear on their own in time. I had a small stain on a figure that disappeared after a couple weeks.
    This is why it is important to wash dark clothes with soap and water before using. I don't use dark clothes until the water isn't colored from the clothes dye. If the dye continues to color the water I don't use the clothes at all.
    Hope this helps. Good luck.

I've had to deal with staining more than once, so I devised a way that works for me.Benzoil peroxide as in acne cream and elmers school glue.It takes some time(a few days)of application between the two substances, depending on severity, but the end result has been stains removed and no damage to the figure.The glue has to fully dry then get peeled off.

Thanks for reminding me about Oxy 10. Been meaning to get some for ages but Boots and Superdrug don't seem to stock it now. I've found some on eBay and will stock up when I get chance.

Apply it, leave it overnight then scrub it with a toothbrush, it shouldn't harm the skin. Repeat as necessary.

CHEERS!

For the staining clothes, I wash it with clothes washing detergent and scrub it to get as much of the dye out (ie. if the 1/6 costume is safe to be scrubbed) then just soak and rinse several times. Then soak it in vinegar for 24 hours to stop the dye from staining (the vinegar seals the dye in). I use industral vinegar which is cheaper than natural vinegar. Dry the clothes fully. Then it should be okay for use without staining again.

I've also had good results with the Oxy10, on more than one occasion. It can take more than one application over a period of days, depending on the depth of the stain.

those are amazing tips.

Quote Originally Posted by TheseArentBarbies View Post
    Is there any way to remove a clothing stain from a Phicen body? I had applied the clothing only briefly and it stained the legs a dark blue! Has anyone had any success restoring their figures once this has happened?
    I saw others here recommended just waiting as sometimes the stains naturally disappear on their own after a couple days. In my case that worked, so I didn't have to do anything to remove the stains, they just vanished.

Quote Originally Posted by FlightDeck View Post
    I saw others here recommended just waiting as sometimes the stains naturally disappear on their own after a couple days. In my case that worked, so I didn't have to do anything to remove the stains, they just vanished.
    Same thing happened to my Enterbay Matt Damon headsculpt. The neck was badly stained by the black collar so i just kept it in a ziploc.
    After a few months, I was surprised to see the stains totally gone.
    Hope that's true with all Phicens...
    "If symptoms persist... insult your doctor."

Quote Originally Posted by rollotomasi View Post
    Same thing happened to my Enterbay Matt Damon headsculpt. The neck was badly stained by the black collar so i just kept it in a ziploc.
    After a few months, I was surprised to see the stains totally gone.
    Hope that's true with all Phicens...
    It works with phicen too. At least with the older generations. I had the same problem with a goth dress that stained the arms of one of mine. The stains washed out themselves after about a month. Silicone and vinyl tend to absorb it. Funny stuff, if you use some paint on vinyl, sometimes it absorbs some pigment more than another. I remember several times painting lips with a mix of white brown blue red acrylic paint and about a year after, only the white pigment was left. This is also sometimes why you see genuine, once blonde GI Joes with white hair.

Oxy10 is great for sculpts but I've never tried it on a phicen. If you use oxy10, you'll get even better result if you seal it in a polybag and expose it to direct sunlight. Wait for several days before peeling off the stuff and repeat until the stain is gone.

One more thing. If you get some oxy10, or a similar product, keep it in the fridge. It will last for years and still work. Mine is at least 10 years old.
    Last edited by lonewolfandcub; 07-07-2017 at 01:42.

The key to the zit cream fix to remove stains from a Phicen is to make sure you get the stuff with benzoyl peroxide as the active ingredient. I used a different zit cream that was cheaper and it did squat to remove stains. Get the stuff that's 10% benzoyl peroxide for fastest results.

I tried a combination of "waiting it out" and using Oxy (not the 10% version). The "stains" (if they really are stains) have disappeared by 90%. I wonder if Oxy was necessary at all...

As has been said I think it depends on the stain, you may find it works better on some things than others. I used to use it to soften stubborn pain on heads and a lot of the time it worked. I think I used to use it after I'd stripped the head too to draw out any dried in stripper. It's been so long since I used it I can't fully remember what I did. I should get some in today's post so I can refresh my memory.

CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by TheseArentBarbies View Post
    I tried a combination of "waiting it out" and using Oxy (not the 10% version). The "stains" (if they really are stains) have disappeared by 90%. I wonder if Oxy was necessary at all...
    It's very possible. The only phicen I had that ever got stained. I did nothing. And it disappeared completely. However, I've had some vinyl Mego hs from eBay they had remained stained for years with felt pen, and oxy10 did miracles.

An employer of mine once pointed out somethings about stain removal that I have remembered to this day.
    A ( difficult to remove ) stain is generally not on the surface of an item, it is in the pores of it.
    Removing the stain requires something that the staining material is soluable in, but not damaging to the base material.
    These are often conflicting requirements, but almost everything is soluable in something.
    Your best bet is to know what the stain is made of and plan accordingly.
    Always have plenty of "rinsing agent " that is non damaging to the base material on hand.

I don't know if any of this is helpful, but I once removed black paint, that was DEEP in the grain, from a table my wife wanted to stain a light color. Sanding would have never worked, but I found a product ( honestly can't recall ) that really combined well with the paint, then rinsed it away, leaving bare wood..

Hope this is helpful to someone.

Oxy dries things up which will draw out what is staining the figure. A point to note about Oxy 10, it doesn't seem to be available in the UK. Though I bought mine from a UK seller on eBay, when the package arrived yesterday, it had been sent from Singapore! Never mind, I don't mind where it comes from, so long as I get it and it does the job.

CHEERS!

I keep mine dressed up then I get a new one. I think twice before I dress them up again. I have found that certain companies are Phicen skin friendly.

Another point to note, the Oxy 10 I have is in a plastic tube. Be careful with these as they can spurt. It seems like nothing is coming out, so you squeeze and the lot does! Oxy On The Spot comes in a metal tube, does the same job and is less wasteful.

CHEERS!

I've found that the age of the stain also affects how long it takes the benzoyl peroxide to work. I thought my Medicom Snape was lost after being stored back in its box for months, but applying a little every couple of days did remove the stain completely after about three or four weeks (I could see the stain fade so I kept going). With the recent Picard head from QMx, which was a fresh stain, it took only a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by martian View Post
    For the staining clothes, I wash it with clothes washing detergent and scrub it to get as much of the dye out (ie. if the 1/6 costume is safe to be scrubbed) then just soak and rinse several times. Then soak it in vinegar for 24 hours to stop the dye from staining (the vinegar seals the dye in). I use industral vinegar which is cheaper than natural vinegar. Dry the clothes fully. Then it should be okay for use without staining again.
    I realise that a vinegar soak wash does not effectively fix the dye in the clothes. My latest purchase of a black leather outfit with black cloth backing, mildly stained my Jiaou Doll arms after leaving it on for 3 to 4 days. I am giving the figure the Oxy10 treatment currently.

After google searching, I discovered that the excess dye still bleeds out after a 24 hour vinegar soak and wash. The solution is to treat the staining material with a dye fixative, and this product, Retayne, came up in the search. I will have to check the supermarkets for similar products.
    Last edited by martian; 08-30-2017 at 03:22.

I just buy new. I keep using the stained ones for full outfitted figs.